This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts

I was wondering if I should pick up MLB: The Show 2011 or not, Best Buy has it on sale next week for only $9.99 and it lists regularly for $39.99. I've never really owned any baseball games and I've heard this franchise is the best currently. I'm certainly not looking to shell out the 60 bucks for The Show 2012, so with that in mind, would this be a good purchase for me? Keep in mind also I just started getting heavy into baseball this season and I'm itching to own a good baseball game. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
Yes, it is definitely worth picking up especially for only 9.99. It is a very good game. Tbh, I liked MLB 11 better than this current years game.
flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
You should definitely get it. Though if you have enough money right now, I'd go with MLB 12 but you can't go wrong with either.
SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

You can fix rosters to get basically current. I'm sure you could find a used copy of 12 for cheap though. It really is the best baseball game out there though. I'd say second best sport game behind the NHL series.

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
You can set the game to "force trade" to adjust rosters. Supposing you can get 12 for 20 dollars I would do that since you will be able to take advantage of the online features til the next game is released. Also are you planning to play as the Yankees? If so what's up with that? Pats/Yankees fan?
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamerfreak1991

You can set the game to "force trade" to adjust rosters. Supposing you can get 12 for 20 dollars I would do that since you will be able to take advantage of the online features til the next game is released. Also are you planning to play as the Yankees? If so what's up with that? Pats/Yankees fan?Second_Rook
I don't really mind that there will be no online features in the game. Yes, I am a Pats/Yankees fan, I live in New York and I hate the Jets/Giants with a burning passion and I just never liked the Redsox.

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Second_Rook
The only really cool thing about online is the downloadable rosters. People put a lot of time into recreating players from years gone by. Some of my favorites are the 82 Brewers, 27 Yankees, the mid nintes Braves with Maddux, Smoltz, and Glavine. The rosters add a lot of legs to a game that is already replayable to beat hell.
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamerfreak1991

I'm still on the fence about the game, I know it's only $10 but I've been playing the demo and I'm TERRIBLE at the batting, I have a hard time figuring out which pitches to swing on and which not to, then when I do find a decent pitch to swing on I either swing too early or too late. Is it normal for this game to be hard as hell for a first-timer? I've played like three 5-inning games on the demo as well and I've been beaten horribly each time, I'm also playing on Veteran difficulty which I believe is easy.

slugger909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 slugger909
Member since 2009 • 294 Posts
Yes you very well should
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Second_Rook
Hitting is very hard when you start out. But you can adjust difficulty with sliders that probably tweak it five to ten percent at a time, so just work your way up from the lowest settings.