misconceptions about haze

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

it seems that there are some misconceptions about haze.

I don't really see how people make the assumption that it is halo on ps3. I mean yes it has vehicles and guys in uniforms that look similar, but the story is completely different.

That brings me to my next point that it is assumed that the people in the uniform only have half a mask which is also not true. Here is the deal. The reason you see the main guy having half a mask on is this.

The story goes you work for an agency and they drug you with something called nector and the suit you wear distorts reality and doesn't show dead bodies and that sort of thing. Then the main character realizes what is going on and rebels against it. So the half mask represents him breaking free of the organization and seeing the truth, the reality.

For those nay sayers don't bother posting if your just going to talk crap

Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Pablo620
Member since 2004 • 4980 Posts
The game could be big but it could flop too. The story definitely has potential and has a cool concept, but so did Turning Point and look how that fared. As for the Halo-ish character designs, i cant say i like that whole sci-fi look to much. Halo developers Bungie got it right. But i just dont like it here. Its more like Timeshift. I guess its like a sleek almost "sporty" design to the one outfit and i just dont like it. But whatever we'll see how the game turns out when it releases, if it ever does
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
I'll just put my opinion in and say i have faith in haze. i think it'll be good. although i could see it turn bad.
Avatar image for SecretWasianMan
SecretWasianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SecretWasianMan
Member since 2006 • 1462 Posts

Yeah, I'm just getting tired of people comparing every game that is first-person and has vehicles to Halo. I have a 360 too and I do enjoy Halo. But I believe as gamers, we need to move beyond this mentallity where we say, "Yeah this game is good... but its no (add franchise here)."

With that said, I can't wait for this game to come out. I saw that a couple of sites have stated for this game to be released around May-ish, is that official?

But whenever we get it, it will be enjoyed.

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts
i'm just gonna take a guess and say kz2 and Re 2 will be better games. so ya i don't know hy there is so much hyp for haze. but aw who knows it might be AAAA

edit. the only FPS i'm waiting for is battlefield bad company. how had battlefield2 for the ps2 and i still think that was the best online game i have ever played till this day ( i don't play PC games so if ya say the PC was better well what ever )
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

Yeah, I'm just getting tired of people comparing every game that is first-person and has vehicles to Halo. I have a 360 too and I do enjoy Halo. But I believe as gamers, we need to move beyond this mentallity where we say, "Yeah this game is good... but its no (add franchise here)."

With that said, I can't wait for this game to come out. I saw that a couple of sites have stated for this game to be released around May-ish, is that official?

But whenever we get it, it will be enjoyed.

SecretWasianMan
THis sort of thing happens a lot because there are too many clones of good games out. Devs and companies see a franchise like Halo, Final Fantasy, Starcraft, etc. ignite a genre, and then they do the best they can to make a game that feeds off the popularity. Lets face it, Halo did set the standard for big battle online mutliplayer for consoles. Particularly the Scifi variety. Haze has some interesting twists. Unless the graphics are out of this world, I dont expect it to steal any thunder from games like Resistance, COD4, or Killzone. Not to mention MGS comes out a month later and features an online multiplayer.
beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts
it looks ok but idk, kinda lame to me
brando_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 brando_09
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts
Its nothing like Halo, thers no aliens or sci-fi weapons. I dont kno why ppl compare FPS to Halo. Halo sucked IMO, its way over rated. This game has potential, I hope its good enough for the reviewers.
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts
Looks pretty similar to the half other fps games out there. I give it a 7.5-8.5 give or take. IMO generic, well see what the future holds though.
Avatar image for Warped_Creation
Warped_Creation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Warped_Creation
Member since 2008 • 220 Posts
has anyone played it? navigata i bet you havent. have you? if not then how can you rate it. i played the demo and it was a lot better than halo. i trust free radical and therefore i trust haze. itll turn out well. it may not be the next cod4 but its gonna be a lot of fun.
-DarkPhoenix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -DarkPhoenix-
Member since 2007 • 547 Posts
Haze will be brilliant, theres no way it can't, look at free radicals other games... GOLDENEYE.. probably one of the best FPS of its time.. then the HUGELY SUCCESSFUL Timesplitters series... I highly doubt theyl do wrong on this.
LONG LIVE HAZE!

DarkPhoenix
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
has anyone played it? navigata i bet you havent. have you? if not then how can you rate it. i played the demo and it was a lot better than halo. i trust free radical and therefore i trust haze. itll turn out well. it may not be the next cod4 but its gonna be a lot of fun.Warped_Creation
wait what? you played a demo? where?when?how? is it possible to have in on the action or were you just lucky and got in a conference of sorts?