MGSV will be 29.99 Retail 19.99 Digital.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

Found this article on PSU guys. Check it out.

Polygon has confirmation that the PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 and Xbox One retail version will cost $29.99, while the PS3 digital downloadable copy will cost $20.

In a press release, Konami writes: "With the new pricing set for METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES, KONAMI aims to provide as many people as possible an opportunity to experience Kojima Productions’ new FOX Engine and the first instalment in the two-part METAL GEAR SOLID V experience. METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN, the second and final part to the METAL GEAR SOLID V Experience, will launch on both current and next-gen systems at a later date."

In addition to the price drop, Konami has confirmed that those who the first instalment of Ground Zeroes will bag an exclusive piece of downloadable content for the Phantom Pain. This will include unconfirmed "additional resources". The offer applies to both the retail and digitial versions.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes launches on March 20, 2014 in the U.K. with the North American version confirmed for March 18.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

PS4 version will be $30 digital

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Young_Charter

@ShepardCommandr said:

PS4 version will be $30 digital

Im just quoting what it said :D we will see in the long run tho. Are you getting it ?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Maybe i'll wait for the reviews first.If it is indeed two hours long then no i'll wait for a price drop.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

Strange. It's still listed at Amazon for $39.99. The price drop appears to be universal. I was going to pre-order with them, but now I'm gonna wait to see if they actually drop their price to where it should be.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Young_Charter
@Puggy301 said:

Strange. It's still listed at Amazon for $39.99. The price drop appears to be universal. I was going to pre-order with them, but now I'm gonna wait to see if they actually drop their price to where it should be.

Konami is getting weird with the pricings of this title lol.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Puggy301

@Young_Charter said:
@Puggy301 said:

Yeah, so weird that they're actually starting to freak me out. Then again, if I smoke one more blunt, the sight of my kitchen light should be enough to freak me out :-P

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Young_Charter

@Puggy301 said:

@Young_Charter said:
@Puggy301 said:

Yeah, so weird that they're actually starting to freak me out. Then again, if I smoke one more blunt, the sight of my kitchen light should be enough to freak me out :-P

Lol thats why yo ass can't play outlast lmfaoo :D

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Puggy301

@Young_Charter said:

@Puggy301 said:

@Young_Charter said:
@Puggy301 said:

Hell yeah, that sh*t is scarey even when your straight....but under the moonlight created by my bong, whoooooaaaa!!!

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

Still too much.

But I'm planning on buying a PS4 when Phantom Pain releases so at that point there might be a bundle package available. Hopefully.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

The 2 hours have to be really awesome for me to pick this up. Im going to wait and see the feedback the game gets before deciding on buying it.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Young_Charter
@Puggy301 said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Puggy301 said:

@Young_Charter said:
@Puggy301 said:

Hell yeah, that sh*t is scarey even when your straight....but under the moonlight created by my bong, whoooooaaaa!!!

lol.... I had a couple shots and went hard on tht game bro.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

If I'm not mistakin I thought that was the original price when it was first announced! That's why I got confused when I started hearing about the different pricing.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Puggy301

Amazon is finally listing it at $29.99 now. Cool. I'm not much of a clairvoyant, but something tells me we won't be seeing many new games produced by major companies (like Konami) priced this cheaply this gen. This is a rare treat.

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

@Puggy301 said:

Amazon is finally listing it at $29.99 now. Cool. I'm not much of a clairvoyant, but something tells me we won't be seeing many new games produced by major companies (like Konami) priced this cheaply this gen. This is a rare treat.

A two hour game for 30 bucks is a treat???

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Puggy301

@MassiveKaos said:

@Puggy301 said:

EDIT: Nevermind. You're right. I wasn't aware that it was going to be that short. I googled it. Pre-order canceled. That price would even be a lot to pay for a 2 hour movie, but a game?

Even Colecovision games offered more than that. What happened to this once great franchise? Does anyone think that MGS for the PS1 would be regarded as the classic it is today if it were only two hours in duration? I would spend two hours alone just messing around with the VR missions. This blows!

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

ordered my physical ps4 copy from gameseek £19.75 :D

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#18 digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

These posts make me ashamed to be an Aussie. Australia the game is listed at $49.95.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Young_Charter

@digitm64 said:

These posts make me ashamed to be an Aussie. Australia the game is listed at $49.95.

Ouch man. Well if you personally ask me, you should invest in a US PSN account and use PlayAsia.com to help you get PSN US Codes to get it cheap. There is always a way bro. Don't forget you can probably have a US bank account to..

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

#

@MassiveKaos said:

@Puggy301 said:

It's not 2 hours unless you rush through it like a reviewer... there's a huge-ass compound to explore, and the more people you save, the better your team will start off in Phantom Pain because those you rescue will be on your team. So there's a big incentive to do well and get everyone out. For MGS fans, I think it's an incredible treat considering we would otherwise have to wait a year or two to have a taste of what Kojima's got cookin'. If you think it's a rip-off, don't' buy it... easy. Personally, I am delighted to pay $30 for what looks like a stellar game.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Young_Charter

@donalbane said:

#

@MassiveKaos said:

@Puggy301 said:

It's not 2 hours unless you rush through it like a reviewer... there's a huge-ass compound to explore, and the more people you save, the better your team will start off in Phantom Pain because those you rescue will be on your team. So there's a big incentive to do well and get everyone out. For MGS fans, I think it's an incredible treat considering we would otherwise have to wait a year or two to have a taste of what Kojima's got cookin'. If you think it's a rip-off, don't' buy it... easy. Personally, I am delighted to pay $30 for what looks like a stellar game.

Man just platinum the game and you'll get your money's worth lol.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

2 hours of gameplay for $30, they can keep it.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Young_Charter

@chriscoolguy said:

2 hours of gameplay for $30, they can keep it.

how about 24.99 ? lol

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

The main story will take 2 hours, then it unlocks several more missions like assassinations etc. And the main story mission is multi-faceted, requiring numerous playthroughs to experience everything. It's not a 'play two hours then never play it again' type of thing. It's a playground.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Young_Charter

@donalbane said:

The main story will take 2 hours, then it unlocks several more missions like assassinations etc. And the main story mission is multi-faceted, requiring numerous playthroughs to experience everything. It's not a 'play two hours then never play it again' type of thing. It's a playground.

There we go. Thinking like a millionaire.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

you mean after 2 hours it unlocks boring and repetitive missions?

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Young_Charter

@chriscoolguy said:

you mean after 2 hours it unlocks boring and repetitive missions?

Wait for a review bro.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MarcRecon

The more I hear about the extras, the more I'm tempted to get MGGZ! I like the fact that elements of your play-through carry over to the main game and that you will be given access to a mother base for crafting weapons, armour etc.

If the PS4 digital version is indeed 20$, it would be really hard for me to pass on it, but then again I'm gonna trust my guts and wait to see what my gaming peers have to say about it once it's released.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Young_Charter

@MarcRecon said:

The more I hear about the extras, the more I'm tempted to get MGGZ! I like the fact that elements of your play-through carry over to the main game and that you will be given access to a mother base for crafting weapons, armour etc.

If the PS4 digital version is indeed 20$, it would be really hard for me to pass on it, but then again I'm gonna trust my guts and wait to see what my gaming peers have to say about it once it's released.

Yo I still got my free 10.00 soo.... What u trynna do lol

anarchy1621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 anarchy1621
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

For the diehard fans of this series & believers in Kojima's work, $30 isn't asking much. New game prices have held for now this generation but with the ever rising costs of everything involved it won't be long before Bobby Kotick starts demanding another price increase & EA follows suit.

I'd say this is a bargain while it lasts. Kojima is also known for throwing lots of extras in a package to find so it'll be more than 2 hrs of content I'm sure.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Young_Charter

@anarchy1621 said:

For the diehard fans of this series & believers in Kojima's work, $30 isn't asking much. New game prices have held for now this generation but with the ever rising costs of everything involved it won't be long before Bobby Kotick starts demanding another price increase & EA follows suit.

I'd say this is a bargain while it lasts. Kojima is also known for throwing lots of extras in a package to find so it'll be more than 2 hrs of content I'm sure.

And you gotta think about it. Some people are spending 5.00 to play a 30min episode of the Walking Dead Season 2 or are spending 60.00 for a game they can beat in 7-8 hours. Either way Kojima-San has never let down.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MarcRecon

@Young_Charter said:

@MarcRecon said:

lol....I'm good bro!!!

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

I refuse to pay £30 for a 2 hour game. I'm not even excited about MGSV to begin with, the series should have been put to rest after 4.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Young_Charter

@MarcRecon said:

@Young_Charter said:

@MarcRecon said:

lol....I'm good bro!!!

punk ass lol