This topic is locked from further discussion.

FatChuwawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FatChuwawa
Member since 2007 • 736 Posts

i have never played a mgs before and would like to play mgs4 (because of all the fuss, and it seems like Im missing out. Not to mention its a great game). so should i get mgs4 then play the series backwards? ie 4 then 3 then 2 then 1

snake_9909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 snake_9909
Member since 2004 • 215 Posts

i have never played a mgs before and would like to play mgs4 (because of all the fuss, and it seems like Im missing out. Not to mention its a great game). so should i get mgs4 then play the series backwards? ie 4 then 3 then 2 then 1

FatChuwawa

no absolutly not

you need it in proper order

MG
MG2
MGS
MGS2
MGS3
MGSPO
MGS4

thats if you want to properly enjoy it

MGS is heavily based on its story you need everything before you play mgs4

snipes_98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 snipes_98
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts
No... If you wanted to play the metal gear series, I would play them in order as you need to know the storyline to enjoy the experience, and plus they are great games!
FatChuwawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FatChuwawa
Member since 2007 • 736 Posts
i see... what about just playing mgs4? because of that flashback thing i the cutscenes
snake_9909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 snake_9909

i see... what about just playing mgs4? because of that flashback thing i the cutscenesFatChuwawa

useless it doesnt show you the story which you need it just shows pics

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts

FatChuwawa

all ill say is i think kojima story arc is really good but the writing has always been bad in my opinion. also i hated mgs2 mgs3 is really good better gameplay in my opinion again then mgs4 but mgs4 overal is the best in the series. so if you do decide to play the others first don't let not liking one of them deter you from 4.

you could also see if any of the sag dvd are still out or watch the gt metal gear retrospective and then play mgs4

ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ginraisama
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts
[QUOTE="FatChuwawa"]

snake_9909

no absolutly not

MG
MG2
MGS
MGS2
MGS3
MGSPO
MGS4

lol... come on... he doesn't really need to play the Sega Master System version of the game to enjoy it :P

start on metal gear solid... and if you think you can't handle a 10yr old game just read the story online... you should find a detailed explanation somewhere. Its like watching the last Lord of the Rings without watching the previous first

bludude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bludude
Member since 2008 • 110 Posts

snake_9909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 snake_9909
[QUOTE="snake_9909"][QUOTE="FatChuwawa"]

ginraisama

no absolutly not

MG
MG2
MGS
MGS2
MGS3
MGSPO
MGS4

lol... come on... he doesn't really need to play the Sega Master System version of the game to enjoy it :P

start on metal gear solid... and if you think you can't handle a 10yr old game just read the story online... you should find a detailed explanation somewhere. Its like watching the last Lord of the Rings without watching the previous first

you do need it theres a whole thing on bigboss at the end of it he needs the Bs on

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
[QUOTE="FatChuwawa"]

snake_9909

no absolutly not

MG
MG2
MGS
MGS2
MGS3
MGSPO
MGS4

That isn't proper order

MGS3

MGS PO

MG

MG2

MGS

MGS2

MGS4

That is proper order

camian69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 camian69
Member since 2006 • 583 Posts
go ahead and just play MGS4.....really........ I'm sure the God's won't mind :shock:
snake_9909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 snake_9909
[QUOTE="snake_9909"][QUOTE="FatChuwawa"]

fs_metal

no absolutly not

MG
MG2
MGS
MGS2
MGS3
MGSPO
MGS4

That isn't proper order

MGS3

MGS PO

MG

MG2

MGS

MGS2

MGS4

That is proper order

thats chronological order

the proper play order is as i said

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="snake_9909"][QUOTE="FatChuwawa"]

snake_9909

no absolutly not

MG
MG2
MGS
MGS2
MGS3
MGSPO
MGS4

That isn't proper order

MGS3

MGS PO

MG

MG2

MGS

MGS2

MGS4

That is proper order

thats chronological order

the proper play order is as i said

Chronological order IS proper order.
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts
Just read a series summary
xboxfreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xboxfreak1
Member since 2004 • 461 Posts

well, I haven't played through any of the other ones, but I am absolutely loving mgs4! I have logged about 10 hrs already. I know some people have beaten it and all that, but it's still a respectable amount of gameplay. I have been going through every route and am almost to the end of the second act.

To get started I watched the gametrailers.com retrospectives. There are five of them, each about 22 minutes. They helped fill in the back story, but to be honest, I probably wouldn't be able to follow everything leading up to 4 anyways. I am mainly a fps player, so story isn't exactly my main attraction. The gameplay is however, and that is top notch! I have been watching all of the cutscenes, and they are entertaining even though I don't know exactly what is going on. I also watched quite a few of them with my friend who has played them all, and he explained some things.

Basically I'm saying play the damn game! It truly is awesome!

initiald411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 initiald411
Member since 2005 • 787 Posts
I played MGS 1 forever ago an watched someone else beat it, wasn't really my thing. Now as for MGS2 I played that countless times it is my current favorite given I haven't been able to play MGS4. An MGS3 I think was better in some aspects but I just wasn't feelin it I mainly played it for the story which was amazing an good to know before going on. Like I said though MGS2 despite the raiden hate I loved it an when I say countless I do mean I lost count an its atleast over 40 times that I beat it. An on a plus note I tend to know more about whats going on then most people who play the game so the going way back an playing 40 games isn't really needed. Just play MGS1,2,3 an then 4 that will do you just fine or like someone said hop into 4 an play it for what its worth but atleast read a summery.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fs_metal
Just read a series summaryepic_pets
No...just....no. Metal GEar is an experience and just reading a summary ruins 6 games of that experience
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
[QUOTE="FatChuwawa"]

snake_9909

no absolutly not

MG
MG2
MGS
MGS2
MGS3
MGSPO
MGS4

technicallly you would start with 3, then go to PO, and then start with the original MG and play through your list to 4. if you want chronology, of course.