[MGS4] Really impressed with the in-gameplay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#1 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
After seeing this video, I have to admit... it does look like MGS4 managed to fix a lot of the nagging problems with the conventions they had up until then. I have to say that it is very positive to see that a lot of the things that could have held this title back addressed. At first, I admit, I was really set off and thought that this thing was going to suck with that whole bit about Snake putting a gun to his mouth in the E3 '06 trailer, but at least this new footage shows that Snake is able to still do quite a lot even in his (advanced) age.
sonydbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sonydbz
Member since 2004 • 552 Posts

After seeing this video, I have to admit... it does look like MGS4 managed to fix a lot of the nagging problems with the conventions they had up until then. I have to say that it is very positive to see that a lot of the things that could have held this title back addressed. At first, I admit, I was really set off and thought that this thing was going to suck with that whole bit about Snake putting a gun to his mouth in the E3 '06 trailer, but at least this new footage shows that Snake is able to still do quite a lot even in his (advanced) age.codezer0

I am glad you are impressed with the game. This game is gonna be one of the finest games to grace this generation. But one thing I gotta say, you thought it was gonna suck when he put the gun in his mouth? Dude that made me wanna get it more and makes me mad that I have to wait for its release.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50662 Posts
Thanks for the vid, looks awesome.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 codezer0

I am glad you are impressed with the game. This game is gonna be one of the finest games to grace this generation. But one thing I gotta say, you thought it was gonna suck when he put the gun in his mouth? Dude that made me wanna get it more and makes me mad that I have to wait for its release.

sonydbz
Yes, because when I saw that, I thought "oh great, he's pulling the goddamned em0 myspace suicide shot!" I was pissed the **** off when I saw that happen. But seeing the footage of when kojima showed off that demo there, I have to say that this game certainly appears to be just what the PS3 needs (like, now...?).
sonydbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sonydbz
Member since 2004 • 552 Posts
I dunno if you are new to the series or grew up with it but if you are with the latter, than most of us got emotional; now I dunno if people were gonna cry or something but I know that it is the only trailer that I have ever seen that made me put my hand up in my mouth in disbelief. But I agree that that game needs to come out now . But I have faith in Kojima so he can delay it till it's perfect, but a demo would be nice right now.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
Yeah... Kojima never disappoint.
Heavyheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Heavyheaven
Member since 2007 • 153 Posts
Yeah, the game looks amazing
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
I played it at TGS, along with MGO and its safe to say that MGS4 will be the greatest game.....ever.
Gong_militant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gong_militant
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
im really feelin the burn now with my PS3 sitting there doing nothing, every once in while ill play resistance, warhawk or even motorstormbut other than that its collecting dust just like my wii. And yes i did gasp when i saw snake put a gun to his mouth or raiden kill a whole lota angry metal gears
jojo198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 jojo198
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts
your impressed with the game-play?? lol come on man it plays like last gen that i will never buy it, it doesn't even have any physic in it, and u cant throw chair at someone, and no rag-doll makes it really doll to watch same death animation, and the graphic looks absolutely ps2 capable,the only good thing about this is a big long cut science movie.
jojo198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jojo198
man i hope they slapped Metal Gear Solid name on Big Rig, that'll be the best game for everyone.
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts
[QUOTE="sonydbz"]

codezer0

Yes, because when I saw that, I thought "oh great, he's pulling the goddamned em0 myspace suicide shot!" I was pissed the **** off when I saw that happen. But seeing the footage of when kojima showed off that demo there, I have to say that this game certainly appears to be just what the PS3 needs (like, now...?).

You forget.. Suicide is look at a whole lot differently in asian culture.

Its a honourable way to die.. a way to release yourself of shame if you will.

But the game will rock the very foundation of the planets!

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 codezer0

The_Tombo
Here's hoping there's an alternate ending. Because I'd be positively furious to see a bad-ass like snake die in such a wussy, cop-out way.
JonesWs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JonesWs
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts

Yeahi, the game looks amazingHeavyheaven

yes i agree

l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 l3erserker
Member since 2006 • 468 Posts

your impressed with the game-play?? lol come on man it plays like last gen that i will never buy it, it doesn't even have any physic in it, and u cant throw chair at someone, and no rag-doll makes it really doll to watch same death animation, and the graphic looks absolutely ps2 capable,the only good thing about this is a big long cut science movie.jojo198

XBOX FANBOY ALERT! please leave this forum to other gamers you d-bag.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

The game will certainly be excellent from every angle.

Some of you were angry when you saw Snake about to commit a suicide and that turned you off from a game and someone even called him an Emo?

If you knew Snakes history through his journey from Metal Gear Solid 1 you would not have said such pathetic remarks. Instead you would had pulled the trigger long time ago.

MGS4 is a franchise that is coming to an epic ending, if you don't know about its history keep your unnecessary comments to yourself.

Whoever is planning to buy this final chapter in Metal Gear saga at least have a little respect to a series and a man who went through hell.

Do a little research please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc24faac533d
deactivated-5cc24faac533d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 deactivated-5cc24faac533d
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts

your impressed with the game-play?? lol come on man it plays like last gen that i will never buy it, it doesn't even have any physic in it, and u cant throw chair at someone, and no rag-doll makes it really doll to watch same death animation, and the graphic looks absolutely ps2 capable,the only good thing about this is a big long cut science movie.jojo198

The MGS series was never about throwing chairs or flashy flying corpses. He says so in the video "its a stealth action game." I was unsure about MGS4 when I saw it was coming out, I have seen the other games played through but I never was interested in it myself but this... damn, that video made this game oh so tempting.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
Yeah jojo despite the fact that i have an xbox and enjoy it i still love my ps3, so take your ms talk back to those forums
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Tombo"]

codezer0

Here's hoping there's an alternate ending. Because I'd be positively furious to see a bad-ass like snake die in such a wussy, cop-out way.

glad to see you read my post...

And whats wussy about killing yourself to save other people.. its called self sacrifice.. I'm quite sure that if he kills himself at the end he will do it to either sve somebody or to save the world the grief of his genes living on.... (even though they could still take his dna from his body)

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 iamsickofspam
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts

Yeah... Kojima never disappoint. Thomas-Crown

In Kojima we trust.

RED_REDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RED_REDie
Member since 2007 • 265 Posts

I, I.. wow. MGS- god

Robinho1873

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Robinho1873
Member since 2007 • 1066 Posts

The game will certainly be excellent from every angle.

Some of you were angry when you saw Snake about to commit a suicide and that turned you off from a game and someone even called him an Emo?

If you knew Snakes history through his journey from Metal Gear Solid 1 you would not have said such pathetic remarks. Instead you would had pulled the trigger long time ago.

MGS4 is a franchise that is coming to an epic ending, if you don't know about its history keep your unnecessary comments to yourself.

Whoever is planning to buy this final chapter in Metal Gear saga at least have a little respect to a series and a man who went through hell.

Do a little research please.

Sokol4ever

LOL that was possibly the weirdest post i have ever read. I think MGS4 will be an awesome game but im not THAT emotional about it lol

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts

After seeing this video, I have to admit... it does look like MGS4 managed to fix a lot of the nagging problems with the conventions they had up until then. I have to say that it is very positive to see that a lot of the things that could have held this title back addressed. At first, I admit, I was really set off and thought that this thing was going to suck with that whole bit about Snake putting a gun to his mouth in the E3 '06 trailer, but at least this new footage shows that Snake is able to still do quite a lot even in his (advanced) age.codezer0

okkk..? welcome to 2 months ago...

Xire_XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#24 Xire_XII
Member since 2007 • 3092 Posts
[QUOTE="sonydbz"]

codezer0

Well glad you saw passed that. Yet I have to say this and not to be rude, there's a difference between kids who can't handle their personal lives and soldiers thathave a genetic meme that has spawned others with the same capabilities like Snake, yet see only to cause conflict and skewed idealism to make that conflict a consistent reality. Snake, in that moment in the TGS 2006 trailer, was seeking to erase that very meme. Therefore not allowing such things to happen again. At least that's what we know right now.
jojo198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jojo198

[QUOTE="jojo198"]your impressed with the game-play?? lol come on man it plays like last gen that i will never buy it, it doesn't even have any physic in it, and u cant throw chair at someone, and no rag-doll makes it really doll to watch same death animation, and the graphic looks absolutely ps2 capable,the only good thing about this is a big long cut science movie.l3erserker

i am not an XBOX FANBOY, im not even planing to buy a piece of crap machine that overheat and gone 3 RED of doom, and i dont feel like feeding microsoft money for xbox live neither, so PS3 is the only console im getting.

Game-o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Game-o_O
Member since 2005 • 2275 Posts
(old)
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 codezer0
(old)Game-o_O
Seriously, do people just get off on being able to say "old news" in a forum or something? Because I personally don't see the point. It's new to the OP (me), so I don't see why you feel intent on ruining the coolness of this video by saying "it's old."
GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
Great, now I really want this game. I hated the series until I saw that video. The first two MGS games played like NES games, but they weren't as fun. MGS 4 though looks incredible, like a story driven Splintercell game on steroids. I cannot forgive them though for throwing in the "men's magazine" though health system; that was incredibly stupid and unecessary. If I can find a way around that then this game will be awesome, if not, well there is always Uncharted.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 codezer0
Great, now I really want this game. I hated the series until I saw that video. The first two MGS games played like NES games, but they weren't as fun. MGS 4 though looks incredible, like a story driven Splintercell game on steroids. I cannot forgive them though for throwing in the "men's magazine" though health system; that was incredibly stupid and unecessary. If I can find a way around that then this game will be awesome, if not, well there is always Uncharted.GIJames248
Kojima did say that using that as a tactic was purely optional. If you'd read the captions, he states the mens' mag could be left behind as a distraction tactic in order to either get around some PMC's or have them look elsewhere so one could sneak up on them and take care of 'em.
l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 l3erserker
Member since 2006 • 468 Posts
[QUOTE="l3erserker"]

[QUOTE="jojo198"]your impressed with the game-play?? lol come on man it plays like last gen that i will never buy it, it doesn't even have any physic in it, and u cant throw chair at someone, and no rag-doll makes it really doll to watch same death animation, and the graphic looks absolutely ps2 capable,the only good thing about this is a big long cut science movie.jojo198

i am not an XBOX FANBOY, im not even planing to buy a piece of crap machine that overheat and gone 3 RED of doom, and i dont feel like feeding microsoft money for xbox live neither, so PS3 is the only console im getting.

sorry for the misconception, Go PS3! lol

hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
HAve to agree on the gameplay, too bad the graphics look pretty disapointing for this gen and they have already stated this is how the retail game will look.
FstBrk342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FstBrk342
Member since 2005 • 1527 Posts
This game will be super emotional, if u guys have been following ryan's podcasts ud know that even the voice director would break out into tears when recording certain scenes. does this mean everyone will cry? nah prob not, but im betting there will be some heavy stuff in this one.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

That's funny. I can throw a chair at someone. You can't lift and throw a chair?

Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Tombo"]

codezer0

Maybe he will kill himself, but it may be for an important reason. Something we don't know yet.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
[QUOTE="sonydbz"]

codezer0

lol on the em0 myspace suicide. that **** pisses me off too, what a weak a$$ to go. I kinda understand it in snake's case, but not in real life; however that's an argument for another day.

Anyway, great vid. this game is gonna rock, buti'm sureyou dontneed a video to tellyou that.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

(old)Game-o_O
then don't bother posting. some haven't seen it.

btw, thanks for the vid TC

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
I saw this video somewhere else also just a few days ago. And I was trying to find it. Its a tad low rez on the stream. But still, this help shows a little about how impressive this game can be. But old MGS fans know this is what you would expect to be able to do "and more" with this character. Always cool gadgets and stuff. Although grabbing a "blank" was not expected lol. Thats how innovated Hido is, and thats just a tiny taste of how he works. Im glad I found it again, thanks to you.
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

[QUOTE="jojo198"]your impressed with the game-play?? lol come on man it plays like last gen that i will never buy it, it doesn't even have any physic in it, and u cant throw chair at someone, and no rag-doll makes it really doll to watch same death animation, and the graphic looks absolutely ps2 capable,the only good thing about this is a big long cut science movie.fatzombiepigeon

That's funny. I can throw a chair at someone. You can't lift and throw a chair?

LOL, All I say is will see how many people own PS3 after a few moths of this and than FF, and than 2008 and than 2009. Considering "Like my other posts shows," these ports as of now, are not using but about 30% of the PS3 power. Even Drake's wont use but 50% of it. Its going to be hard for any system to even hold with this thing once it gets games running above 50% of its power. And even if MGS 4 graphics were on a PSP, the game would still be fun enough to have to play.