This topic is locked from further discussion.

metroidjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 metroidjoe
Member since 2006 • 200 Posts
in previous mgs games most of the game time was taken up my movies. I hope 4 has more gameplay time and long move time too because the story in mgs games are soo good and emotional
9thwardice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 9thwardice
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts
yeah its always interesting to watch the videos in between the games. i hope it is more gameplay though. then again it probly will
superartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 superartan
Member since 2003 • 199 Posts
I hope it stays the same gameplay/cutscene ratio.
socomn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 socomn00b
Member since 2007 • 633 Posts
I hope it stays the same gameplay/cutscene ratio.superartan
Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts

[QUOTE="superartan"]I hope it stays the same gameplay/cutscene ratio.socomn00b

i agree

Goku004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Goku004
Member since 2006 • 754 Posts
Didn't kojima say it was gonna be like 48hours of cutscene just by itself....I hope they include just as much  gameplay.....
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

Didn't kojima say it was gonna be like 48hours of cutscene just by itself....I hope they include just as much  gameplay.....Goku004

Are you sure about the 48 hours of Cutscenes... That's allot. Anyway, since the game is using the 50gb Blu-ray dics, so there's still plenty of room for game-play.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Well, MGS 3 had more gameplay than cutscense. MGS2 was riddled with them, but I think they learned to tone it down after MGS2.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

Well, MGS 3 had more gameplay than cutscense. MGS2 was riddled with them, but I think they learned to tone it down after MGS2.Denji

MGS 3 is more balanced however, MGS 1 is prefect in every way.

The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

[QUOTE="socomn00b"][QUOTE="superartan"]I hope it stays the same gameplay/cutscene ratio.Devils_Joker_22

i agree

I dissagree.. I love MGS all of them very very much.. But more gameplay is something i could never complain about.. Because it would mean that the ammount of cut-scenes would not be overly large (as it is now).

Just look at mgs2.. I started a new game (plant only.. I destroyed tanker too many times in the demo :P ) and i just wanted to be super sneaky.. but every ten steps you took 2 minutes of cut-scenes started and you had to klick them away and wait a couple of secs than a new cut-scene starts and then a codec conversation...

if you see what i mean. 

Flincher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Flincher
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts
Metal Gear is a game you're meant to replay once you have forgotten the specifics of the text.  Sure, you know the story, but you don't want to play it over again and watch all that cut content right after seeing it.  Its like Final Fantasy, same deal.  You fight and fight, and then you get your reward for your combat prowess.  If anything I would want more of both, more cut scenes, more drama and emotional content, and then more gameplay.

Also, i hope there are plenty of Codec conversations that you can trigger by calling at the right time, like in the first game.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

Actually, I've always been pretty happy with the balance of movie scenes and actual gameplay in the past games. The gameplay has always been fun but the CGI has always been the highlight of the games for me... kind of like it's what I was working towards through all of the gameplay segments. I love the development of the story.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts
[QUOTE="Devils_Joker_22"]

[QUOTE="socomn00b"][QUOTE="superartan"]I hope it stays the same gameplay/cutscene ratio.The_Tombo

i agree

I dissagree.. I love MGS all of them very very much.. But more gameplay is something i could never complain about.. Because it would mean that the ammount of cut-scenes would not be overly large (as it is now).

Just look at mgs2.. I started a new game (plant only.. I destroyed tanker too many times in the demo :P ) and i just wanted to be super sneaky.. but every ten steps you took 2 minutes of cut-scenes started and you had to klick them away and wait a couple of secs than a new cut-scene starts and then a codec conversation...

if you see what i mean. 

Actually, I can't see what you mean... the cutscenes really weren't that intrusive.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

I think they are wel balanced. MGS3 has more gameplay than cutscenes. If it does have alot i wont mind because i love it. Its like watching a movie that you have control over.

gamer2damax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamer2damax
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts
I actually don't mind the cut scenes. I love the politics and the storyline in the MGS universe (very similar to our own by the way.) But, yeah, I hope Kojima-san matches the cut-scenes' duration with the game-play.
Alucard62889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Alucard62889
Member since 2005 • 40 Posts

I personally thought the ratio of cutscenes to gameplay was fine. But I can sort of understand how the cutscenes could become intrusive.

And Gamer2damax, did you actually write Kojima-San?... Awkward...

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
I like the way they are. Its a nice rate, since it keeps you contacted and refreshes the story all the time letting you get more involved.