MGS peacewalker what the hel.l

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

I just checked MGS PW gameplay movie

let me tell you guys that I live in COSTA RICA (the place where the game is apparently located)

so can anyone explain IF THEY ARE IN COSTA RICA HOW COME THERES A BUNCH OF MAYAN PIRAMIDS IN THE TRAILER?

there are NO PIRAMIDS HERE

not a single one!

I really hate when they try to make something about my country and they mess it up badly

like in jurassic part, the scene which said "san jose costa rica" and showed a somewhat isle full of beaches

theres not a single beach on san jose because it's the capital and it's located in the middle of the country, the only provinces with beaches here are limon, puntarenas and guanacaste

well back on the topic, yeah, there are no indian pyramids here, there were a bunch of indians tribes here, but none of them build any pyramid, and they werent half great the mayans, aztec and incas were

so anyone care to explain this thing?

SimoSays2541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SimoSays2541
Member since 2006 • 679 Posts

Maybe you aren't looking for the pyramids hard enough?

-ColinR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -ColinR-
Member since 2009 • 424 Posts

We're getting an awesome game with MGS4 controls and 4 Big Bosses and you complain about pyamids! What the hell!

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lightleggy

Just a heads up.......it's spelled "pyramids" It kind of makes you look foolish ranting and raving and then mispelling the thing that you are making such a fuss about.

atlanta_guy
ok sorry but like you, I dont speak all the languages in the word fluently the point is that this is kind of a foolish move from the kojima team how would you feel if they make something like "new york; the present day" and its a huge jungle? plaine stupid, I mean it isn't hard to make a little bit of research to find out stuff about the country you are trying to put in a videogame
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

[QUOTE="atlanta_guy"]

Just a heads up.......it's spelled "pyramids" It kind of makes you look foolish ranting and raving and then mispelling the thing that you are making such a fuss about.

lightleggy

ok sorry but like you, I dont speak all the languages in the word fluently the point is that this is kind of a foolish move from the kojima team how would you feel if they make something like "new york; the present day" and its a huge jungle? plaine stupid, I mean it isn't hard to make a little bit of research to find out stuff about the country you are trying to put in a videogame

That's a huge difference in comparison to not having pyramids :|.

Besides it's a GAME. Who cares if it has pyramids? It looks cool. And does it hinder the gameplay? No

Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Sweet_Genocide
Member since 2009 • 777 Posts

You shouldn't let it bother you so much. It's just a game.

Deranged_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Deranged_Devil
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

Every game, movie, book or anything fictional has well of course fictional aspects in it. Take for instance MGS3, did the US ever have a true blown out battle with Russia in the Cold War? No, but to give the game a storyline and make it great they had to add some fantasy in there. Every game or piece of entertainment does it. Does it mean we should get mad about it? Just play the game and love it for what it is, no matter how many pyramids there are.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

There aren't any pyramids in Costa Rica today....because of Big Boss. Ever think about that one? Bam.

SettaZlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SettaZlow
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

There aren't any pyramids in Costa Rica today....because of Big Boss. Ever think about that one? Bam.

Legendaryscmt
This man knows what he's talking about.
Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Legendaryscmt

thread/

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

i find your rant amusing, mainly because we don't know that much about the game other than its supposedly set somewhere in costa rica and you apparently found pyramids in the trailer. i wonder if it ever crossed your mind that maybe the entire game isn't in costa rica? or * GASP * perhaps the game has you finding hidden pyramids in costa rica? more tomb raider than MGS, but it doesn't mean it's not possible.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Legendaryscmt

HAHA

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lightleggy
theres a huge difference between inventing a fictional battle and placing HUGE structures where they have never been just look at assassins creed 2 trailer, and at stalker both games stay true to the REAL LIFE geography AND the structures from those places why not to do it with mgo? btw, I think that the game is just located in costa rica...cuz its where the enemy army is setting, cuz there's no costa rican army
Daniel72296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Daniel72296
Member since 2009 • 1930 Posts

We're getting an awesome game with MGS4 controls and 4 Big Bosses and you complain about pyamids! What the hell!

-ColinR-
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

theres a huge difference between inventing a fictional battle and placing HUGE structures where they have never been just look at assassins creed 2 trailer, and at stalker both games stay true to the REAL LIFE geography AND the structures from those places why not to do it with mgo? btw, I think that the game is just located in costa rica...cuz its where the enemy army is setting, cuz there's no costa rican armylightleggy

You've got to be kidding about AC...

Daniel72296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 Daniel72296
Member since 2009 • 1930 Posts

Legendaryscmt
I love you :lol:
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

IDK Im still getting it and I bet Big Boss is the reason there is none

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

ti's a FICTIONAL game in a FICTIONAL timeline with FICTIONAL events. If they want to add pyramids to Costa Rica, I think they have the rights to do that. It's like saying that Half-Life 2 is wrong because City 17 doesn't look like what the hell European city it's based off of.

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts

what are you complaining about? north americans will play this game and i bet a good amount of them will then ask their parents to buy them ticket to costa rica so they can see "pyramids". their parents not knowing the difference between canada and america will then comply and buy their kids tickets. you guys will get more tourists that way! brilliant marketing strategy.

lucium689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lucium689
Member since 2008 • 346 Posts

Maybe you aren't looking for the pyramids hard enough?

SimoSays2541
you make a valid point how our TC looked hard enough?
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

Dude, they F up Chicago every single time it's in a game... more than the actual city... which is WILDLY F'd up, so that's sayin' somethin'. It's just a game, man.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lightleggy

what are you complaining about? north americans will play this game and i bet a good amount of them will then ask their parents to buy them ticket to costa rica so they can see "pyramids". their parents not knowing the difference between canada and america will then comply and buy their kids tickets. you guys will get more tourists that way! brilliant marketing strategy.

jasontdoto
the same happened with jurassic park after it was released on theaters, costa rica tourism to san jose increased like in 30% why? cuz everyone wanted to go to the beautifull san jose's beaches after that, the jurassic park studio got sued
MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts
[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Daniel72296
I love you :lol:

Yeah...This was way too awesome. The 'Bam' is what made the post though.
BlitZeN_NoVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BlitZeN_NoVa
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts
[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

SettaZlow

hahaha. he sure does
grove12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 grove12345
Member since 2003 • 895 Posts

While most people like to point fingers at the US about being arrogant or obese or greedy, truth is 90% of theothercountriesare worse. But the US is just an easy targer

So ya Japan made the dumb mistake of thinking Costa Rica has pyramids.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Well, with the whole Jurassic Park thing, you have to forgive the filmmakers because the movie wasn't shot in South America but in Hawaii. Actually, a lot of movies aren't shot at the actual locations. And with Peacewalker, how do you know if the whole game takes place in Costa Rica? It may change locations.
aznstyle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aznstyle11
Member since 2008 • 1125 Posts
Who cares? Just a game stop overreacting. Let them do what they want it's their game.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Who cares? Just a game stop overreacting. Let them do what they want it's their game.aznstyle11

Agreed. It's not like they're actually going to Costa Rica and building giant pyramids there(although, that would be flippin' sweet to have a pyramid with Big Boss on top crushing the Earth with his awesomeness)

Scarfather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Scarfather
Member since 2005 • 104 Posts

Believe me, we wont even notice the pyramids, cuz our eyes will be too much focused on 4 Big Bosses.

Besides you don't hear people, 200km north of Galzburg South Africa whining about how there is no Outer Heaven there...

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

-ColinR-
its not 4 big bosses. its 4 dudes with face camo...
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

While most people like to point fingers at the US about being arrogant or obese or greedy, truth is 90% of theothercountriesare worse. But the US is just an easy targer

grove12345

/face_palm.

Please don't tell me you're from the US...And even if you're not, I think the whole 90%-of-the-countries thing is bull...

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts

grove12345
more like 90% of U.S. are arrogant, obese or greedy haha..~ jk jk.
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

[QUOTE="SettaZlow"][QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

BlitZeN_NoVa

hahaha. he sure does

It all makes sense now.