MGS Fans: mgs4 vs mgs rising?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 White_wolf_eye
Member since 2009 • 2886 Posts

Ok Honestly iv had atleast over 400 hourse of gameplay on mgs4, its so so damn awsome, and i feel with the story of an old veteran snake one of th greatest heros ever lived....i tihnk that rising wont be near as good, i think kojima squished all he had on part 4, but then again we will never know, and a question for you guys too:

If rising came out and you didnt own part 4 (but youve played alittle bit of it), would you get rising and take a risk or would you buy mgs4 KNOWING its one of the greatest games ever made?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
i'm not sure what you are asking exactly, but I am getting MGS rising.
Sodney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Sodney
Member since 2006 • 228 Posts

Love mgs4 and I will get rising;)

kingmanbrosky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kingmanbrosky
Member since 2009 • 268 Posts

love 4, i honestly dont wannna play as raiden in rising, but who knows, maybe itll be a breath of fresh air, i mean he is half cyborg now or w/e he is, and he got new abilities, i think its gonna be a hack and slash tho which i dont want, i love tactical espionage action, dno what lightning bolt action will be about

Avatar image for Dragonspear2462
Dragonspear2462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dragonspear2462
Member since 2007 • 384 Posts

From my knowlege, Hideo Kojima did his BEST to make MGS4 since he wanted to make it The Final Game of the MGS series.Which is why MGS4 could stay THE BEST MGS FROM THE SERIE. But who knows.................maybe Kojima can now do a game as good as MGS4 with his past experience without using his full potential XD!!!

All personal thoughts...................

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
No way that Rising will be better than MGS4. It's just gonna be a spinoff. I will still get it, though!
kingobaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 kingobaid
Member since 2006 • 1399 Posts

gotta see some gameplay of Rising, but its not going to be better than MGS4, but Kojima isn't even making the game.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

What if when you played MGS4 you didn't find it all that good?

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
I LOVE MGS4, but I will get Rising. It probably wont be as good as MGS4, but so what?
White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 White_wolf_eye

gotta see some gameplay of Rising, but its not going to be better than MGS4, but Kojima isn't even making the game.

kingobaid

REALLY? That lowers my odds of getting it.

kingobaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingobaid
Member since 2006 • 1399 Posts

[QUOTE="kingobaid"]

White_wolf_eye

Yeah, he is just overseeing the production, but won't actually design it or anything.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I love MGS4, it is definetly at the top of my list of greatest games of all time, but I will also get Rising just because it seems interesting though is is not cannon from the story, that is why I will also get Metal Gear: Peace Walker.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Uh.....OK. Well, I loved 4 and will be getting both Rising and Peace Walker.
L33T_TI200P3I2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 L33T_TI200P3I2
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts

Not the same without Snake, never will be, I won't buy it, no matter how good everything else is...

White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 White_wolf_eye

[QUOTE="White_wolf_eye"]

[QUOTE="kingobaid"]

kingobaid

Yeah, he is just overseeing the production, but won't actually design it or anything.

How could he let that happen? He is MGS, he is the genius that invented it, how could he not? I am disapointed. I bet its not even ganan be about stleath radien is cool and all but hes not that sneaky gun weilding badass that snake is, even in his old age.

He is going to be designing peacewalker right?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="White_wolf_eye"]

[QUOTE="kingobaid"]

[QUOTE="White_wolf_eye"]

How could he let that happen? He is MGS, he is the genius that invented it, how could he not? I am disapointed. I bet its not even ganan be about stleath radien is cool and all but hes not that sneaky gun weilding badass that snake is, even in his old age.

rising is being made by "the New Blood" as he puts it and PW is being made by the same team that made MGS4
White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 White_wolf_eye

[QUOTE="White_wolf_eye"]

[QUOTE="kingobaid"]

funsohng

rising is being made by "the New Blood" as he puts it and PW is being made by the same team that made MGS4

i dont have a psp, but its tempting me to buy one.

TheLastBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheLastBlade
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts

It's gonna be pretty hard to top 4. How will it do without Snake? Will the gameplay feel fun and stand on it's own when compared to Tactical Espionage? Is people finally ready to accept Raiden? It's gonna have huge weight on it's shoulder :O

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
I m a huge MGS fan, stayed up til midnight or even later to hear new details about the game(MGS4) watched teh trailers a gazillon times etc, but With Rising .. i m just not feeling it, for me MGS died when snake said Good bye!
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
MGS Rising won't even be nearly as good as almost any other MGS game.. I'll still be getting it though because it does look like fun.. and also i collect Metal Gear stuff/games.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
MGS4 is amazing game and one of the best games this gen for me i buy MGS Rising but i have one import question about the story and gameplay i hope on E3 kojima productions give us new info
ants83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ants83
Member since 2005 • 359 Posts

Loved MGS4 and still do, Rising could be good, could be rubbish but its a totally different game and one we know verylittle about.

Just hope the storys not overly complicated and long.

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

To me, Rising is a great concept. After playing MGS4, I really felt like Raiden got shafted in terms of story, so I'm super excited that we get to see Raiden's side story.

In terms of gameplay, I feel that the stealth and/or brutal hack n' slash approach makes sense. I'm not too distraught that Kojima is not directing this, as long as the team uses MGS4 as a framework, it should be fine. It's true that this game may not score as high with critic's, but that doesn't bother me a bit - I'm still gonna pre-order as soon as a release date shows up. :D

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#25 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Ok Honestly iv had atleast over 400 hourse of gameplay on mgs4, its so so damn awsome, and i feel with the story of an old veteran snake one of th greatest heros ever lived....i tihnk that rising wont be near as good, i think kojima squished all he had on part 4, but then again we will never know, and a question for you guys too:

If rising came out and you didnt own part 4 (but youve played alittle bit of it), would you get rising and take a risk or would you buy mgs4 KNOWING its one of the greatest games ever made?

White_wolf_eye

Even though MGS4 is a "GREAT" game(FLAME SHIELDS ON) I would say that MGS3 was the best of the series. But to answer your question, I would still get rising.

biscuits3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 biscuits3
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts

This thread is almost two years old, what the heck? And Rising looks intriguing, definitely picking it up. As for it being better than MGS4, that's all speculative as I'm pretty sure no one has played it. Either way, more Metal Gear is always great, so I'm down. Holding out hopes for this one.