MGS 4 Japanese version

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Benisato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Benisato
Member since 2004 • 88 Posts
I should probably already know this answer to this but I don't. I'm disappointed that there won't be the Japanese language track on the NA MGS 4 disc and I'm wondering that if I import a Japanese version will it play on my NA ps3. Most likely not but thought I'd ask. Thanks.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts
PS3 games are region free. So yes it would work
viperstrykev8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 viperstrykev8
Member since 2006 • 1217 Posts

I think the PS3 is region free

Im not 100% sure on that though, never really looked it up

Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

viperstrykev8

To be more technical about it (at the risk of being more wrong) I believe it's the games themselves that aren't region locked. The only reason I (attempt) to make this distinction is that PS2+PS1 games that are region locked still won't play on a system from outside that region (eg: Japanese games won't run on a un-modified American PS3). Same for movies, for that matter. Although I could be completely wrong, so don't take this as fact just yet.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zeforgotten
[QUOTE="viperstrykev8"]

elemental_drago

To be more technical about it (at the risk of being more wrong) I believe it's the games themselves that aren't region locked. The only reason I (attempt) to make this distinction is that PS2+PS1 games that are region locked still won't play on a system from outside that region (eg: Japanese games won't run on a un-modified American PS3). Same for movies, for that matter. Although I could be completely wrong, so don't take this as fact just yet.

You are pretty much spot on. Good job considering that you didn't know :)
PS3 games, aren't region locked
Movies and PS1 & PS2 games are.
Tho I heard that the movies in Japan uses the same region as NA. And that JP movies would work on the NA PS3s... I heard it on these forums somewhere

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zeeerrr
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts

I should probably already know this answer to this but I don't. I'm disappointed that there won't be the Japanese language track on the NA MGS 4 disc and I'm wondering that if I import a Japanese version will it play on my NA ps3. Most likely not but thought I'd ask. Thanks.Benisato

Japanese version would work, but why would you want to get the japanese version when the english version has David Hayter.

COME ON!

handag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 handag
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts
JPN Uses Zone 1 Lock, NA use Zone 1 as well...
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zeforgotten

[QUOTE="Benisato"]I should probably already know this answer to this but I don't. I'm disappointed that there won't be the Japanese language track on the NA MGS 4 disc and I'm wondering that if I import a Japanese version will it play on my NA ps3. Most likely not but thought I'd ask. Thanks.zeeerrr

Japanese version would work, but why would you want to get the japanese version when the english version has David Hayter.

COME ON!

Because the Japanese voice actors does a amazing job on too.

handag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 handag
[QUOTE="zeeerrr"]

[QUOTE="Benisato"]I should probably already know this answer to this but I don't. I'm disappointed that there won't be the Japanese language track on the NA MGS 4 disc and I'm wondering that if I import a Japanese version will it play on my NA ps3. Most likely not but thought I'd ask. Thanks.zeforgotten

COME ON!

Indeed, but i still prefer David Hayter as Snake...

Benisato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Benisato
Ok honestly guys you made my day by saying it will work lol. I'm getting the english version of course so I can hear the greatness that is David Hayter. Trust me I need to have the english version lol. I wanted the Japanese one because I do like the voice and also because it's a good way to practice my Japanese with something I really like.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

JPN Uses Zone 1 Lock, NA use Zone 1 as well...handag

I would just like to clarify that this is true ONLY for Blu-Ray disks. Basically any BR disks from Japan will work on North American PS3's.

Benisato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Benisato
And now to my next question. How would I go about importing the game? :P
ShawDowFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 ShawDowFX
Member since 2003 • 4696 Posts
[QUOTE="zeeerrr"]

[QUOTE="Benisato"]I should probably already know this answer to this but I don't. I'm disappointed that there won't be the Japanese language track on the NA MGS 4 disc and I'm wondering that if I import a Japanese version will it play on my NA ps3. Most likely not but thought I'd ask. Thanks.zeforgotten

COME ON!

Do you speak the language?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zeforgotten
[QUOTE="zeforgotten"][QUOTE="zeeerrr"]

[QUOTE="Benisato"]I should probably already know this answer to this but I don't. I'm disappointed that there won't be the Japanese language track on the NA MGS 4 disc and I'm wondering that if I import a Japanese version will it play on my NA ps3. Most likely not but thought I'd ask. Thanks.ShawDowFX

COME ON!

Some. I'm still learning tho'. It's more a matter of reading the subtitles a couple of times to fully get it.
Started out by trying to teach myself. But since that's not so easy I started going to classes.. But i'm not perfect at it yet.

Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts
[QUOTE="ShawDowFX"][QUOTE="zeforgotten"][QUOTE="zeeerrr"]

COME ON!

Some. I'm still learning tho'. It's more a matter of reading the subtitles a couple of times to fully get it.
Started out by trying to teach myself. But since that's not so easy I started going to ****s.. But i'm not perfect at it yet.

When I was learning Spanish, I did the same thing with those Spanish soap-operas. It was suprisingly helpfull, and not so suprisingly torturous

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zeforgotten
[QUOTE="zeforgotten"][QUOTE="ShawDowFX"][QUOTE="zeforgotten"][QUOTE="zeeerrr"]

[QUOTE="Benisato"]I should probably already know this answer to this but I don't. I'm disappointed that there won't be the Japanese language track on the NA MGS 4 disc and I'm wondering that if I import a Japanese version will it play on my NA ps3. Most likely not but thought I'd ask. Thanks.elemental_drago

COME ON!

Started out by trying to teach myself. But since that's not so easy I started going to ****s.. But i'm not perfect at it yet.

When I was learning Spanish, I did the same thing with those Spanish soap-operas. It was suprisingly helpfull, and not so suprisingly torturous

Soap-Operas are not really my thing. But it helps either way. You learn stuff that way too.

I just noticed. You're not allowed to say cl'ass on gamespot.. But it's ok to say Ass? :?

handag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 handag

[QUOTE="handag"]JPN Uses Zone 1 Lock, NA use Zone 1 as well...CJL182

I would just like to clarify that this is true ONLY for Blu-Ray disks. Basically any BR disks from Japan will work on North American PS3's.

Blu-ray doesnt have Zone locks on them. So Any blu-ray disc would do. i Was refering to other DvD's and PS games...