Mercs 2 or disgaea 3? I cant decide

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts

Is mercs 2 like battlefield BC because the single player in that game was average?

does disgaea 3 have a decent story that you actually want to follow?

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
dayam... thats a tough one.. If you've played DS1 or 2 i'd say get that... if not... get Mercs 2, and thankfully its nothing like that crappy BF:BC game. its like GTA in a military setting basically... except much better.
netsol2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 netsol2
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts
mercs 2 just watch all the videos and go to mercs2.com and also watch all the videos :D
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

dayam... thats a tough one.. If you've played DS1 or 2 i'd say get that... if not... get Mercs 2, and thankfully its nothing like that crappy BF:BC game. its like GTA in a military setting basically... except much better.americahellyeah

Lol i enjoy playing bfbc more than cod4, i got sick of it after like the first prestiege so i just sold it on ebay :lol:

my favorite fps game is really resistance cant wait for the sequel btw , but bfbc is pretty dang on close to it i think :D

hey are you getting nhl 09, it looks really great this year :)

BigBadLanTerN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BigBadLanTerN
Member since 2008 • 609 Posts
I would say Disgaea 3 but I'm a big fan of the series. Merc. 2 looks pretty good though.
bodokai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bodokai
Member since 2006 • 591 Posts
i would choose mercs 2.
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
What makes the series so good? does it have a good story? is the gameplay really fun? I would luv to luv it as I really want to get a RPG for the ps3 but im just not sure if it's a good game to disgaea fans or it's just a good game.
I would say Disgaea 3 but I'm a big fan of the series. Merc. 2 looks pretty good though.BigBadLanTerN
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts

What makes the series so good? does it have a good story? is the gameplay really fun? bigLLL

Same questions, i also want to know if i would have to have played the other games to follow the story...?

CONMAN999PS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CONMAN999PS
Member since 2008 • 1163 Posts

Is mercs 2 like battlefield BC because the single player in that game was average?

does disgaea 3 have a decent story that you actually want to follow?

bigLLL

get Mercs 2. that games going to be great

lokestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lokestar
Member since 2006 • 956 Posts
Aren't these games completely different? Just go with the genre you prefer. Anyways, I'm playing Disgaea3 right now and I'm loving it. Great game!!
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gekidami

[QUOTE="bigLLL"]What makes the series so good? does it have a good story? is the gameplay really fun? gekidami

Same questions, i also want to know if i would have to have played the other games to follow the story...?

Bump.

Cant any one anwser me on this? I looked at GS's review and they say that its really hard to get into the story without having played the 1st games...

LiquidDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LiquidDom
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts
I got Mercs 2 a couple of hours ago and am loving every minute that I am playing. Great fun, buy Mercs 2!
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gekidami
[QUOTE="gekidami"]

[QUOTE="bigLLL"]What makes the series so good? does it have a good story? is the gameplay really fun? gekidami

Bump.

Cant any one anwser me on this? I looked at GS's review and they say that its really hard to get into the story without having played the 1st games...

Actually i'd like to add to my questions one about mercs 2; does it have split-screen co-op?

LiquidDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LiquidDom
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts
[QUOTE="gekidami"][QUOTE="gekidami"]

Bump.

Actually i'd like to add to my questions one about mercs 2; does it have split-screen co-op?

No

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gekidami
No it dosnt have split-screen co-op? Damn, that sucks...
tofycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tofycoco
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts
[QUOTE="gekidami"]

Bump.

Acutally, no. You can get into Disgaea 3 without playing the first two. It is a completely different place with differnet story and differnet characters. Althoigh eventually, the some characters from 1 and 2 appear as cameos.BTW if you want to see the events of Disgaea 1, wacth the anime.

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gekidami

Acutally, no. You can get into Disgaea 3 without playing the first two. It is a completely different place with differnet story and differnet characters. Althoigh eventually, the some characters from 1 and 2 appear as cameos.BTW if you want to see the events of Disgaea 1, wacth the anime.

tofycoco

Ok thanks, well i'll look into that, i believe theres also a PSP remake of the 1st i could lean on.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I'd say Mercs 2, simply because I can't stand SRPGs or turn based games in general (unless they're super easy :P).