Medal Of Honor Beta you in?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

gunclub.ea.com

I got my "in" I just can't figure out how to redeem it.

*requires a new copy of BFBC2 or VIP access.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

So you have to pre-order the game to get it early, not just be a VIP member?

When I click on their link to preorder, i get redirected to www.medalofhonor.com which appears to be down at the moment. Not that I would pre-order from them anyway. I think I'll just stick with Amazon or whoever offers the better discount. Not worth paying more just to get BETA access a few days early.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

When I click on their link to preorder, i get redirected to www.medalofhonor.com which appears to be down at the moment. Not that I would pre-order from them anyway. I think I'll just stick with Amazon or whoever offers the better discount. Not worth paying more just to get BETA access a few days early.

2Chalupas
Link issue, no as long as you have a new copy of BFBC2 you can obtain the BETA. Just go to gunclub.ea.com You must of redeem your VIP access in BFBC2 to be eligible.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
You need to pre order the game and have VIP status. So no, I am not in. EA should just let every person who bought BC2 on day one in. If I like the beta then I will pre-order.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Aren't betas a form of viral marketing, while testing the server load? Why couldn't anybody just sign up for it?

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

Aren't betas a form of viral marketing, while testing the server load? Why couldn't anybody just sign up for it?

Denji
Because betas can now be used to get people to pre-order and buy stuff so why not lol.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

You need to pre order the game and have VIP status. So no, I am not in. EA should just let every person who bought BC2 on day one in. If I like the beta then I will pre-order.GrandJury

Wait, really? That's really lame considering they never said anything about preordering it before hand. I have VIP status in BC2 and I'm not going to preorder a game so I can get into a beta that I may or may not like. Not cool.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

So if I want to go to GameStop and pre-order this game, they will give me a code? Because I want in.

Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

Just waiting for my code from one of the 2 US or 2 UK stores i have ordered it from that all promise BETA access.

I don't really see the issue with pre-ordering for access. Pre-ordering usually gets you a decent deal and in the case of big releases it means that in general you get your game at the latest on release day and aint got to hunt through shops that have run out of stock!

And to be honest, it's DICE's latest multiplayer offering. Why wouldn't i do anything to get into the BETA?

See you all on the Afgan battlefield i guess.....eventually

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

gunclub.ea.com

I got my "in" I just can't figure out how to redeem it.

*requires a new copy of BFBC2 or VIP access.

The beta is only open today for people that pre-ordered BC2. Anyone that did not do that, but has pre-ordered MOH will begin the beta on the 21st.
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

Wow MASSIVE Epic fail for a beta. In order to play it today, you need to have Pre Ordered Bad Company 2, you need to have redeemed your VIP and played on line, you need to have registered and set up you gunclub crap and finally you need to have preordered MoH. WTF!!!!

That doesn't sound like VIP that sounds like a customer going WAY out of their way to buy EA games only for a rediculous run around to essentially work for EA free testing their "Beta". Freaking EA at it again.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

Fightingfan

Link issue, no as long as you have a new copy of BFBC2 you can obtain the BETA. Just go to gunclub.ea.com You must of redeem your VIP access in BFBC2 to be eligible.

I do have VIP. I'm going to the gun club website, I created the account. The box for "VIP" is already checked, but there is a 2nd box that says "redeem your beta key after pre-ordering medal of Honor". Then the link. Nowhere is it giving me a beta code just for being a BFBC2 VIP member, you have to BOTH be a VIP member AND pre-order through medalofhonor.com.

Apparantly medalofhonor.com link is still not working, I've got a "server is taking too long to respond" staring me in the face. So even if I wanted to follow their instructions I coulnd't becuase the link is down every time I try it (early today I got in just long enough to see the medalofhonor.com page, but half the stuff on the page wouldn't load so who knows how to actuall process an order or get the code).

In the end I think I'll just stick with my amazon.com pre-order. They send out codes on the 21st anyway, and I'm not even sure I want to spoil it playing a beta. I ended up getting bored of the Port Valdez map in BFBC2 because I had alredy played it so much during the beta..

Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts

too much trouble for 4 extra days/ earlier

Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

Wow MASSIVE Epic fail for a beta. In order to play it today, you need to have Pre Ordered Bad Company 2, you need to have redeemed your VIP and played on line, you need to have registered and set up you gunclub crap and finally you need to have preordered MoH. WTF!!!!

That doesn't sound like VIP that sounds like a customer going WAY out of their way to buy EA games only for a rediculous run around to essentially work for EA free testing their "Beta". Freaking EA at it again.

Taijiquan
Where does it say you need to have pre-ordered BF:BC2? the code i am running on the Username i signed up to gun club with wasn't pre-ordered and all it's waiting for is my beta key from gamestop/Game
CBottom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CBottom7
Member since 2009 • 822 Posts

The Gamestop here won't have the beta keys in until tomorrow. I chose to pre-order online, but with in-store pick up ... so I have to wait until tomorrow - No big deal

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Taijiquan

[QUOTE="Taijiquan"]

TroubleMaker411

Where does it say you need to have pre-ordered BF:BC2? the code i am running on the Username i signed up to gun club with wasn't pre-ordered and all it's waiting for is my beta key from gamestop/Game

Hope that is the case! That is what I as seeing online and MedalofHonor.com is currently overloaded it appears! I should be able to confirm once Medalofhonor.com gets back online if it every does! Still fail!

Avatar image for PreparationH123
PreparationH123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PreparationH123
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

so is anyone in the beta/anyone play yet? I'm thinking about pre-ordering now but their site's down so I dont wanna let that money go without being able to get into the game.

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Taijiquan

so is anyone in the beta/anyone play yet? I'm thinking about pre-ordering now but their site's down so I dont wanna let that money go without being able to get into the game.

PreparationH123

Wait for sure. This whole thing is a disaster. Dice was claiming to be adding more servers... as of 4 hours ago. While good at game development evidently that are lacking in infrastructure. Someone needs to get them up to speed on VMWare and Ghosting. I mean seriously, what could possibly take so long? Are they having AT&T put more T1's in??? Good gosh its unreal.

Problem, servers are overload.

Solution, offsite the traffic, use a portal. Add more servers. Even building these it takes 15 minutes max to Ghost a real machine and they can create a virtual one from scratch in half that time. Maybe they are all just at E3??

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
so if i have BC can i get in, oh and im VIP
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Taijiquan

so if i have BC can i get in, oh and im VIPxfactor19990

You still have to preorder.

Here is update, finally go through their website. Got my PSN code... go to enter the could per the instructions on PSN through account management... FAIL lol.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Taijiquan

Yeah. This BS has made me lose interest in MOH completely. I'd much rather them fix the friggin' lag issues on BC2's online then expect this kind of commitment from us. They stop mickey mousing their online, I'll start committing. Until then, they can kiss my ass. That goes for Onslaught and the Vietnam expansion as well.

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Taijiquan

[QUOTE="Taijiquan"]

Khadaj32

Yeah. This BS has made me lose interest in MOH completely. I'd much rather them fix the friggin' lag issues on BC2's online then expect this kind of commitment from us. They stop mickey mousing their online, I'll start committing. Until then, they can kiss my ass. That goes for Onslaught and the Vietnam expansion as well.

It is SUPER frustrating. I work with complex networks daily. There is NO excuse for this. What is worse is advertising this the way they do. We have to go through all this crap and I mean this is the most process driven beta I have ever seen to get involved with and they have the nerve to even mention VIP is insulting. Not to mention realistically we are all working for them for FREE testing it!!
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Khadaj32

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="Taijiquan"]

Taijiquan

It is SUPER frustrating. I work with complex networks daily. There is NO excuse for this. What is worse is advertising this the way they do. We have to go through all this crap and I mean this is the most process driven beta I have ever seen to get involved with and they have the nerve to even mention VIP is insulting. Not to mention realistically we are all working for them for FREE testing it!!

Indeed. I've beta tested several MMO's, and the fact that EA are treating this like a privelege is hilarious. While less inolved than an MMO, beta testers of a shooter will have to deal with a variety of problems. I really doubt they're going to go in there and have a smooth experience. Sure, some parts will be fun, but they're basically just testing the server load, maybe reporting on possible overpowered/underpowered weapons, map abnormalities, etc. But they treat it as a special, exclusive privelege. I'm damn near considering switching to COD.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

Ironically enough you gotta preorder (too) to have access to the beta that will make you decide whether to get the game or not. --'

whataguy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 whataguy69
Member since 2009 • 238 Posts

i guess i wasn't listening lol, i thought if you have bfbc2 vip or pre-ordered moh, you'll get access to beta earlier on 17th, but if not, you'll get access on the 21st regardless if your vip or pre-ordered.

Darkknight_13x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Darkknight_13x
Member since 2010 • 432 Posts
Not interested if I have to preorder.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

[QUOTE="Taijiquan"][QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

Khadaj32

Indeed. I've beta tested several MMO's, and the fact that EA are treating this like a privelege is hilarious. While less inolved than an MMO, beta testers of a shooter will have to deal with a variety of problems. I really doubt they're going to go in there and have a smooth experience. Sure, some parts will be fun, but they're basically just testing the server load, maybe reporting on possible overpowered/underpowered weapons, map abnormalities, etc. But they treat it as a special, exclusive privelege. I'm damn near considering switching to COD.

The thing is, they call it a beta because the game isn't finished, but it's basically a demo. This isn't a "Check for bugs and report them" beta like the one's we're used to, it's a "ZOMG I get to play the game early" beta. Because of that, and I hate to disagree with you Khadaj, it is a privilege. All of that being said, you don't have to have even owned Bad Company 2 to be in the beta; just preorder MoH. Said MoH preorder doesn't even have to be paid for. My key is on the way and I gave exactly $0.00 to Gamestop. As I've said several times, if you order online, you do not have to put money forward to preorder.

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
I deff want to play this game. Mostly because the multiplayer is by dice. And bc2 is a perfect online - the lagging latley
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Taijiquan

Wow it gets better. After a mass of users are unable to authenticate with their legit PSN codes for who knows what reasons, they get this PSN Error 80023156. Thats a 24 hour ban! LMFAO!

Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nerkle01
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts
[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

I do have VIP. I'm going to the gun club website, I created the account. The box for "VIP" is already checked, but there is a 2nd box that says "redeem your beta key after pre-ordering medal of Honor". Then the link. Nowhere is it giving me a beta code just for being a BFBC2 VIP member, you have to BOTH be a VIP member AND pre-order through medalofhonor.com.

Apparantly medalofhonor.com link is still not working, I've got a "server is taking too long to respond" staring me in the face. So even if I wanted to follow their instructions I coulnd't becuase the link is down every time I try it (early today I got in just long enough to see the medalofhonor.com page, but half the stuff on the page wouldn't load so who knows how to actuall process an order or get the code).

In the end I think I'll just stick with my amazon.com pre-order. They send out codes on the 21st anyway, and I'm not even sure I want to spoil it playing a beta. I ended up getting bored of the Port Valdez map in BFBC2 because I had alredy played it so much during the beta..

lol me too. I played that map and that beta for 24 hours lmao.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#32 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I'm looking forward to playing it when it becomes available on the Playstation store

Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nerkle01

I'm looking forward to playing it when it becomes available on the Playstation store

Venom_Raptor
that might be a while. But Im downloading the beta as we speak!
PreparationH123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PreparationH123

game is good but this beta is terrible. in one hour my ps3 froze 4 times from it.

co-oper182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 co-oper182
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts
lol ouch
gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gamerfan85
Member since 2009 • 652 Posts

Got my code today. I'll probably check it out somewhere over the weekend.

PreparationH123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PreparationH123

so far all it is is a run and gun bad company 2.

Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Reemer99
Member since 2009 • 875 Posts

Why are people making a big deal about this? All you have to do to get access is preorder. This is a "beta" people, not a demo. Betas are for die hard fans that want to help find issues in the software. If you want something to help you to determine if you want to buy the game, wait for the demo.

BFBC2 VIPs get early access to the beta and believe me that was not a good thing since it is really buggy right now. By the time it opens to everyone else, it will probably go much smoother.

co-oper182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 co-oper182
Just think everyone with PSN+ we wont have to go through the trouble of pre ordering since we would get exclusive access :D
PreparationH123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PreparationH123

yea I am about to give up for now, the freezing is so bad you cant finish a full game, I've reset my ps3 over 6 times now. Fun though while it lasts :P

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
No, for some reason gun club isn't recognizing my EA ID. I'm probably going to have to link my VIP status to a new psn account... *sigh* EA's website always caused me nothing but headaches.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Honk if you think the term "Beta" should be changed to "Gamer-Funded Interest-Free Loan".

:lol:

I love how they're trying to get all of the knee-jerk MP addicts out there to hand over a substantial amount of the final game cost months and months in advance by preying on their "need" to be at the top of a leaderboard or other meaningless tripe like "exclusive" weapons. Brilliant.

No... I think I'll wait if I even buy into it at all. The game isn't going to be any better at the end of the day.

co-oper182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 co-oper182
Honk
Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nerkle01

yea I am about to give up for now, the freezing is so bad you cant finish a full game, I've reset my ps3 over 6 times now. Fun though while it lasts :P

PreparationH123
exactly! In my 3 hrs of playing, i had to reset mt PS3 at least 20 times lol. It is so annoying when your playing a great game and all of a sudden.. FREEZE!
mexicanFOB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mexicanFOB
Member since 2010 • 95 Posts

Servermaintenance right now. Hopefully it will fix some bugs up.

Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Nerkle01

Servermaintenance right now. Hopefully it will fix some bugs up.

mexicanFOB
really? lol imma check it out and see what happens :D
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Khadaj32

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="Taijiquan"] It is SUPER frustrating. I work with complex networks daily. There is NO excuse for this. What is worse is advertising this the way they do. We have to go through all this crap and I mean this is the most process driven beta I have ever seen to get involved with and they have the nerve to even mention VIP is insulting. Not to mention realistically we are all working for them for FREE testing it!! hxczuner

The thing is, they call it a beta because the game isn't finished, but it's basically a demo. This isn't a "Check for bugs and report them" beta like the one's we're used to, it's a "ZOMG I get to play the game early" beta. Because of that, and I hate to disagree with you Khadaj, it is a privilege. All of that being said, you don't have to have even owned Bad Company 2 to be in the beta; just preorder MoH. Said MoH preorder doesn't even have to be paid for. My key is on the way and I gave exactly $0.00 to Gamestop. As I've said several times, if you order online, you do not have to put money forward to preorder.

Ah, my mistake then. Even so, it's a little screwy. I just want a company to be like "We are very proud of this product, we want y'all to get in on this. No BS, no pre-ordering, no having to sign up for yet another registered dealie, just come and play this awesome game." That is a company I'll throw money at.

Darkknight_13x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Darkknight_13x
Member since 2010 • 432 Posts

Anyone want a code?

Go here: http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/command-conquer-4-open/

Get your code.

Sign in your EA account here: www.medalofhonor.com/beta