gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

My ps3 yellow lighted before this game came out and didn't get to play it until I got my ps4. What a masterpiece. The ending by far was the most shocking aspect.

As Joel turns out to be the bad guy and a major asshole. I wanted the option to let elle die and hope they use her immunity as a way to save humanity. Instead Joel slaughters everyone and flat out lies to Elle out of his own selfishness. Joel is a flawed character and knew he grew attached to Elle but did not think he would say **** the world in order to be with her. I was shocked.

Naughty Dawg or Naughty gods whatever you want to call them really outdone themselves and created a masterpiece. How did you feel about the ending?

jakesnakeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By jakesnakeel
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

@gamevet77: Hmm, I didn't think it was that cut and dry. Agreed that the game was a masterpiece!

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Loved the game. It instantly made it into my top three games and I played it on the less then stellar ps3. Would love to give it a go on the ps4 someday all the issues I had with it would most likely go away.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

I was okay with Joel's decision, both the all out massacre and lying to Ellie. There was no guarantee sacrificing Ellie would make the slightest difference. So why risk a child's life? Especially one that had become like a daughter to him. Lying to her was merely a way to keep her around. Had Ellie found out what he had done, she would have left. I have no doubt about that. As for his selfishness, if you've ever lost a loved one, would you be so quick to kill off another?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Yet another thread where TLOU's gameplay doesn't get mentioned.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamevet77

@Lulu_Lulu said:

The gameplay is top notch and very satisfying. The real star of the show is the story.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@gamevet77

If that were true... You'd talk about both of them more... Theres something off about the gameplay, everybody knows it, most just don't know exactly what it is.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: I disagree, the game-play matched who you was and the setting, this was never a run and gun game, and the guy is late 40's/50's it was always going to be slower as you play as Ellie it gave you a bit more move-ability and was very satisfying for a game to give you a more realistic game-play element instead of making you more super human.

As for the topic at hand, it was so never that black or white, the audio files you found around the building when you saved her, reassured you that there were no garentee's because they had found more people like her and nothing was done, the fact that she saved his life, reassured him she was worth saving, I believe part was selfishness but it's a young girl who has never had a normal life, he wanted her to grow up and see what a normal life could be, it's easy to see it black and white but it was more than that.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu

@bezza2011

Ellie doesn't have more "movability" she just as slow as Joel and has fewer mechanics to boot.

More importantly realism does make for good game design, In scenario the game adds weapon sway because Realism but in another they get rid of realistic loot droos because Difficulty.... They cherry pick when to be realistic and when to be challenging, one often compromising the other.

jakesnakeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 jakesnakeel
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Best thing would probably be to start your own thread titled "I don't like TLOUs game play, let's discuss" rather than kill this thread which is specifically about the ending.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu

@jakesnakeel

Speaking of the ending, twas full on 3rd Person Shooter, kinda like Uncharted. I didn't like it. But it was nice not having to worry about resources.

Besides if I made a thread about it then yall would just say stop making threads.... just do the smart thing and ignore me, I prefer to bitch and moan without resistance anyway. :p

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#12 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@gamevet77

If that were true... You'd talk about both of them more... Theres something off about the gameplay, everybody knows it, most just don't know exactly what it is.

Opinions... but The Last of Us's story gets rightfully praised more for good reason. I don't think most people actually have a problem with the gameplay. I for one loved it. I thought the pacing was great, the crafting was neat, and the game was just well balanced overall.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu

@SoNin360

You might be right though.... Its Kinda hard to have a problem with the gameplay if gameplay was not the reason you played TLOU in the 1st place.... Doesn't mean the problems aren't there though, it just means they are more likely to be overlooked. :) Thanks for helping me figure that out. I almost missed it.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I thought the game's story and ending was unimpressive and pretty boring. It's unfortunate the story brings the game to a snail's pace, resulting in a not-so-great game unless you like to be forced to sit through a lengthy, derivative, story.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamevet77

@bezza2011 said:

@Lulu_Lulu: I disagree, the game-play matched who you was and the setting, this was never a run and gun game, and the guy is late 40's/50's it was always going to be slower as you play as Ellie it gave you a bit more move-ability and was very satisfying for a game to give you a more realistic game-play element instead of making you more super human.

As for the topic at hand, it was so never that black or white, the audio files you found around the building when you saved her, reassured you that there were no garentee's because they had found more people like her and nothing was done, the fact that she saved his life, reassured him she was worth saving, I believe part was selfishness but it's a young girl who has never had a normal life, he wanted her to grow up and see what a normal life could be, it's easy to see it black and white but it was more than that.

That actually is a mis interpretation. They experimented on others but have never found another immune like Elle. Hence the doctor in one of his logs saying "I haven't seen anything like it before" Elle was the only real immune

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu

@KHAndAnime

The story actually wasn't that, long, it just seemed that way because way too often the game would slow to a crawl because you gotta scavenge for resources, only 25% of the drawers and cabinets you open will have something in there at all, and thats just on Normal Difficulty, on the The Last 2 Difficulties resources dry up so much that it changes the game for the worse. This is the 1st time I've seen a game pads its length using the most useless of content.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

The way I looked at it, is this;

To Joey, if saving humanity meant sacrificing Ellie, then humanity was lost anyway, so why bother?

Amazing ending!

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@KHAndAnime

The story actually wasn't that, long, it just seemed that way because way too often the game would slow to a crawl because you gotta scavenge for resources, only 25% of the drawers and cabinets you open will have something in there at all, and thats just on Normal Difficulty, on the The Last 2 Difficulties resources dry up so much that it changes the game for the worse. This is the 1st time I've seen a game pads its length using the most useless of content.

The story isn't that long? It's like, half an hour into the game before you actually experience any gameplay. That's half an hour I could've been sleeping...

It's pretentious because it thinks I care about their lame-ass story, and I don't.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu

@KHAndAnime

Well thats kinda what I said right ? Atleast I think it is...

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bezza2011

@Lulu_Lulu: I still think the movement for the characters is spot on for the type of game it was meant to be, I mean most games give you a false sense of superhuman abilites with the way you can run around super fast gunning people down and stuff. I think your right about the loot drops, it's hit and miss but I think the game is more about the story, it's a well made game in my eyes, but i'm into this sort of genre so it works for me.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lulu_Lulu

@bezza2011

I don't handle survival type games very well. I actually I do, its the resource thing that bothers me.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu

Plus I dislike how I can't nail a headshot. Against the infected.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bezza2011

@Lulu_Lulu: I think the resources are a little annoying I mean really can we not get a game where I can level up to the max in one play through if I search everywhere, but instead you have to play thru the game again and again just to be able to play thru at maximum level, it's a little annoying i'm not one to play thru a game more than once.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gamevet77

This game won many GOTY awards and I believe it deserves it. The fact is you won't please everybody and somebody always finds things to complain about. To each his own.

The survival horror genre was built out of supplies running low. Resident Evil 1 is what really kicked it off. Overall awesome game and awesome story. As I said you won't please everyone and no matter how good it is somebody will find reasons to bitch.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu

@bezza2011

Actually I believe the upgrades are completely out place in the The Last Of Us.... They shouldn't be there at all.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lulu_Lulu

@gamevet77

1) The Last Of Us isn't Survival Horror.

2) Leveling up and Upgrades don't doesn't properly adhere to Survival Based games, infact I believe they put them there for the express purpose of manipulating the player into doing crap they wouldn't do otherwise. Eg. Scavenging and Looting.