This topic is locked from further discussion.

CravenMenthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 CravenMenthol
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

Hey people I'm thinking about investing some cash into this game and I wanted to ask some questions. Is there anything I should know b4 purchasing? Are there any offline features at all? How is the ranking system, hard?

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

I don't have the game, but I think the offline consists of basically just the tutorial. (The reason why I didn't buy it was because it was MP only :P)

Rank system seems to be working fine, haven't heard any complaints about it. Though it goes without saying that, if you just started, you might have a hard time against those who unlocked everything.

Hope that helped, I haven't met anyone IRL that has the game, and the MAG threads went silent after the release.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
there is absolutely NO offline at all. only 1 person per console, even online. and no story mode. as for the ranking system, i dont have the game so i cant tell you :P
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
MAG is a squad based game, unlike most shooters like COD. Lone wolfs are not rewarded as much and usually do more harm to your squad's effort than good. It doesnt do your squad any good if your just padding your stats while ignoring the squad objectives and squad mates. That may sound like a rant, but too many people play MAG like teamwork doesnt matter...then lose badly. Its not that hard to figure out. Start with the training, try the suppression mode, then start with Sabotage. Sabotage will get you used to the FRAGO experience points and some of what to expect. Aquisition Mode and Domination you unlock pretty quick (by level 6 or 8 ). These modes have a lot more going on and are where teamwork is more needed. Remember, killing the enemy is not always the way to help. Repair men and medics are crucial to defense and attack. The game still rewards you as much for those support rolls as it does just going for kills. Speaking of FRAGO points...these are extra experience points you get for doing things in your squads target area (wherever the leader puts it). If you kill someone, repair, heal, or revive in the target area, you get extra experience in the form of FRAGO points. This is how MAG encourages squad play. Squad leaders, platoon leaders and officers in charge all have extra abilities to use in game like calling in air strikes, sensor sweeps, etc. They also boost the abilities of squad mates around them. Leveling up is not that hard. The max rank is 60. The experience points per rank spread out as you increase rank, but dont get too high per rank until past level 45. Roll with the squad to get FRAGO points, and you will rank up even faster. There are no offline features. MAG is online only like Warhawk and Socom Confrontation.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
If you join one Faction and you friends are on another i heard you can't join them is this true?
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
If you join one Faction and you friends are on another i heard you can't join them is this true?Fightingfan
you can delete your account on one PMC and join another. but no, if you are raven, and your friends are on SVER (for example) than you cant play on the same team.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fightingfan
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]If you join one Faction and you friends are on another i heard you can't join them is this true?MethodManFTW
you can delete your account on one PMC and join another. but no, if you are raven, and your friends are on SVER (for example) than you cant play on the same team.

Ew, So they don't just have a simple fool around mode? Lame... I stick to battlefield..
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]If you join one Faction and you friends are on another i heard you can't join them is this true?Fightingfan

Ew, So they don't just have a simple fool around mode? Lame... I stick to battlefield..

yup, its made by the socom dudes so its def not a mess around type shooter.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fightingfan
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"] you can delete your account on one PMC and join another. but no, if you are raven, and your friends are on SVER (for example) than you cant play on the same team.MethodManFTW

yup, its made by the socom dudes so its def not a mess around type shooter.

I understand the gameplay but really you can't just join a faction for one game to play with friends just sounds stupid..
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MethodManFTW
yeah, it adds a cool angle to the game i think. ive had it since launch and i really like it. but really, if you wanna play with your friends, just all join the same pmc, its not difficult.