MAG or 3d dot game heroes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chilloutcolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chilloutcolin
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts

So, about to buy a new game and cant decide between MAG or 3d dot game heroes. I plan on getting both eventually but am wondering which will be better value to get now. There both roughly the same price currently. Which game will last longer? Will MAGs online community remain strong for a while? Does anyone forsee a price drop in the future for either game?

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

As for length, I would probably have to give it to MAG. I really did enjoy playing 3d dot though, it's a good game.

Personally I would pick 3d dot, but if you are wanting a game to play for long lengths of time, I would think that all the MP of MAG is going to get you many many more hours.

Chilloutcolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chilloutcolin

Thats pretty much exactly how I feel about it, I think I'd prefer 3ddgh but that MAG would be better value/entertain me longer, I really cant decide.

Maybe I'll flip a coin and leave it up to chance.

schizo_talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 schizo_talon
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

Considering you have a link avatar from the original Legend of Zelda, I would go with 3D Dot Heroes. It's an awesome game and a lot of fun.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

3D Dot Game Heroes easily. MAG's online community is not going to last very long with all the other shooters out there, and for a FPS that's online only eventually it's going to be dead.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Not to sound like a jerk, but this thread is bound to be locked soon.

So for next time, please use the game recommendation thread.

Chilloutcolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chilloutcolin

Thanks for the replys, went with 3ddgh in the end, just coulkdn't resist a bit of old school dungeon exploration/puzzle solving and I've enough fps games I suppose. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, thought about posting in recomendations but figured since both the games are ps3 exclusives I'd recieve a faster more reliable response here.

Thanks again

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Thanks for the replys, went with 3ddgh in the end, just coulkdn't resist a bit of old school dungeon exploration/puzzle solving and I've enough fps games I suppose. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, thought about posting in recomendations but figured since both the games are ps3 exclusives I'd recieve a faster more reliable response here.

Thanks again

Chilloutcolin

Glad things worked out in the end. Enjoy the game.

Avatar image for GrizzlyBear1976
GrizzlyBear1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GrizzlyBear1976
Member since 2010 • 140 Posts

Is there a 3rd option? both of those games sucked. BFBC2 is good and cheap buy that.

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

3D Dot Game Heroes easily. MAG's online community is not going to last very long with all the other shooters out there, and for a FPS that's online only eventually it's going to be dead.

Gxgear

Your opinion. I don't think this community is going to be dead any time soon. The communities for COD:Modern Warfare, COD:WAW, COD:Modern Warfare 2, Killzone 2, and BFBC2 are still going, and some of these games are older than others.Maybe slightly lighter now with COD:Black Ops, but still going. Just played COD:WAW online last night. No problems getting into a match.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Please use the game recommendation sticky.