MAG hit detection?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gunslinger_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 gunslinger_boy
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

Okay, so I like MAG, and lag is nonexistant. Pretty impressive considering its 256 player games. Now, my main issue with the game is hit detection. Countless times I have sniped a player that was either sniping or stopping to reload or heal, and i aim straight for the head, and nothing. It sometimes takes between 3-5 bullets on average to down them. On top of that my M4 with Valor mostly hits, but has its moments. Are you guys having problems?

craftieman05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 craftieman05
Member since 2008 • 349 Posts

I know where you are coming from. It seems like most of the time the damage is random. I wonder if the armor actually makes a difference in how much damage one takes.

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
When sniping, it is suppose to take 3-5 bullets to take someone down, if this wasn't the case imagine how many people would be sniping if it was one shot one kill? Easy XP there. The hit detection seems fine to me, the short time I tried out Valor, the M4 does take a couple more bullets then Sver Assault rifles to put someone down.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
When sniping, it is suppose to take 3-5 bullets to take someone down, if this wasn't the case imagine how many people would be sniping if it was one shot one kill? Easy XP there. The hit detection seems fine to me, the short time I tried out Valor, the M4 does take a couple more bullets then Sver Assault rifles to put someone down.idk761
yup thats true, and like the poster above u said, the armor u wear does have abit of effect on it as well,
gunslinger_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 gunslinger_boy
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

Thats when the bullets connect. Most of the time, the little (X) doesn't show when I make a clean hit.

Darks0ldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Darks0ldier
Member since 2004 • 35 Posts

sometime it is LAG lol. just because YOU dont notice it does not mean its not there. It is IMPOSSIBLE for a game to not have a little bit of lag. I have seen a lot of game play videos and there has been some noticeable lag, at least to me, especially when there is a lot of players on screen or near the area. But the connection of the game has been surprisingly good for a lot of what i have seen.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

The whole gameplay is broken!

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts

sometime it is LAG lol. just because YOU dont notice it does not mean its not there. It is IMPOSSIBLE for a game to not have a little bit of lag. I have seen a lot of game play videos and there has been some noticeable lag, at least to me, especially when there is a lot of players on screen or near the area. But the connection of the game has been surprisingly good for a lot of what i have seen.

Darks0ldier
Funny you say that, because while I levelled to 40, and then another char to 60, I noticed no lag, and yet you seem to be able to see it in videos. When there's lots of players on screen, it does not affect lag. That's frame rate.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts

The whole gameplay is broken!

M0wen10
An no, no it's not. If it did, then every review, and positive opinion on this game so far is apparently lying. But I can tell you that the 12+ people on my list playing it now do not find it broken, so you may want to get a new controller/play the game first.
MrFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 MrFanboy
Member since 2010 • 397 Posts
Hit detection is great. You have to take several things into consideration. 1.Armor 2.Do not aim down the sights. This isn't MW2. Shooting from the hip is much more effective at the lower levels unless you have the Steady Aim ability. 3.Someone might be medicing him at the same time you hit him.