Madden 09 freezing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

boratinator990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 boratinator990
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts
I just got madden and everything is working fine except when i try to get into lobbies online it freezes, the music still plays and the easports scores are still running on the bottom of the screen but the menu is frozen. Anyone else have this problem, is it my game?
CVM_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 CVM_123
Member since 2008 • 1265 Posts

dude its madden!

farleybt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 farleybt
Member since 2007 • 396 Posts
Same here... I'm trying to go into the lobby to invite a friend...
bootsfansonly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bootsfansonly
Member since 2006 • 378 Posts

my game froze on the fisrt play of the first game of my franchise. In the play selection menu. I could still hear the play going on but the screen was stuck. I even got the ball hiked and the pass was caught lol

Bloody_Demons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bloody_Demons
Member since 2003 • 219 Posts
I got my madden 09 this morning and now playing it for the first time and everytime i try to go to the lobbies it freezes on me too...what is going on? could it be that too many people are in the lobbies or online causing the freezing problem or what!?
captainkelly54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 captainkelly54
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yea, when i first opened the game i got into the lobby fine. but later in the day i tried to get back into the lobby and it froze. idk what to do, plus it has frozen 3 times while i was playing it. anyone help?
ckcsox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 ckcsox
yeah still haven't been able to play my first game on franchise
C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
my game freezes everytime I try to enter a lobby online too :?
machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 machiavell8x8
Member since 2008 • 1399 Posts

yah i forgot about the freezing, this game is beta...

anyways to fix your freezing i beleave the problem is you have to open up the ports, since they arn't open madden just keeps trying to connect and freezes out...i guess EA didn't have enough money to put a little bit of codeing in there to time it out and pop up a message telling you it can't connect......

Poorman1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Poorman1700
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I have been having multiple problems with my Madden '09(s) yes that is multiple. I have now had three and am going to take it back for good now until I read about an update fixing this.. When do my maddens freeze well i will tell you.... i call a play and it stays on the play call screen and you hear Collinsworth talking about how i just got sacked. also, when i try to play online nope it freezes when the icons pull away. what about when i try and do virtual training not in the transition between plays. Now i know what you are thinking " your PS3 must be old and your ready for a new one." yea i thought that too but when i am in these freezes i can go back to my XMB and tell everyone how my madden is frozen at the moment...

I would look out before you buy....

taoki2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 taoki2
i was up 21 - 14 with 1 second left in the game and some douche bag paused the game and it froze. What the **** I'm gonna beat the **** out of you.
korn62586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 korn62586
Member since 2007 • 242 Posts
I finished a game and went in to the training tutorial thing, got all the way to the end and then it just sat there showing the blue virtual stadium. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
richyque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 richyque
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i cant even get online cause the game locks up every time it trys to updates i can play offline fine.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
Don't worry... I'm sure they'll come out with a patch :)
Bloody_Demons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bloody_Demons
so far i have only had problems with my madden freezing up when i try to enter the lobbies online but then again i have only played like a total of 4 or 5 games since i bought it and now i'm about to play it with a friend of mine and start a franchise..i guess i'll see what it does now...it seems like with every game the ps3 comes out with it has some sort of freezing problem...i'm getting real tired of this
Lgmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Lgmagic
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
the game has frozen on me 3 times during my franchise.... it drives me nuts!! not to mention the times when my screen went crazy and i couldnt see anything... there were polygons all over the place...White screen with random colors...!!! WTH?!?
Bloody_Demons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bloody_Demons
well the only time mine has frozen was when trying to enter the lobby and my friend just left and we played twice against eachother and it didn't freeze and now i can access the online lobbies everytime i attempt too. I think the reason why we can't get into the lobbies at certain times cause too many people are on and its causing problems...everyone who is reading this now try to enter the online lobbies now and let me know the results
machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 machiavell8x8
i played madden 03 and it froze my ps3 to a black screen. xmb did not work, the power switch also did not work. had to switch it off at the power block....so sad that even madden 03 did such a thing....was the coding really that hard?
mgdhoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 mgdhoki
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Thanks Polly Positive Parvie, we can all wait quietly for the patch.

I also had a freeze at the instant you chose to enter the lobby, took it back, got a new one and it just barely catches and proceeds to the lobby. I guess I got lucky.

The Dolphins have a 4-3 defense as the default when they are going to TRY to run a 3-4 this year. Any way to change that?

Bitties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bitties
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts
we all know how crappy the EA servers are. I haven't seen it freeze yet, but apparantely it's a common problem.
Myzz617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Myzz617
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
No issues exp with mine xcept ppl quiting like BIT***s with 30 secs left in game. EA servers do suck, I play on my 360 C&C and I play a game and then after it is over i cant reconnect to play another session. :x
machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 machiavell8x8
they really should be allowing people to create their own servers these days as an option.
vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
me too in franchise mode, the image freezes but I can hear the voices of the commentators.
jeterocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jeterocks
I just got madden a few days ago and mine is freezing to mid game...how come this hasn't been addressed and patched yet?
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Happens to me too sometimes.