MaG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by cochisewarrior (676 posts) -

GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!! 256 PLAYERS ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!! ONLY FOR THE PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOING TO BE OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Posted by unholymight (3378 posts) -
256? what the !@#$
#3 Posted by MusashiSensi (9583 posts) -

GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!! 256 PLAYERS ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!! ONLY FOR THE PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOING TO BE OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cochisewarrior

Yes, I do agree that MAG looked like a cool concept.

#4 Posted by DJCUEBALL (2562 posts) -
Looks awesome!
#5 Posted by shabab12 (2613 posts) -
I think, sony JUST murked it.
#6 Posted by cochisewarrior (676 posts) -
looks really awesome, thats the secret game i assume? well im glad that thats what the secret game was. that was a great end to the SONY conference. not many games, but it was the games that were shown that was great.
#7 Posted by wigan_gamer (3293 posts) -
Yea bit gutted its a ps3 exclusive but it looks a great game :) hopefully it wont suffer too much from lag as planetside did...
#8 Posted by Pileofconverse (557 posts) -
gameplay PLZ
#9 Posted by RoganSarine (1490 posts) -
I'm interested to see the monthly fee price :P
#10 Posted by blazemasta (90 posts) -
I was hoping sony would pull something out of thier booties and I almost crapped my pants when i heard it would have 256 players. The trailer looked sik and I crazy hyped over this!
#11 Posted by nyjetsfan5000 (183 posts) -
Im trying not to get too pumped bout this. Im just saying 256 players with those graphics? Pre-Rendered? I hope not but still
#12 Posted by zeriva (4531 posts) -
I'm also excited for this game.
#13 Posted by ronniepage588 (4188 posts) -
that is one mind numbing number of people to be duking it out online at once.
#14 Posted by han_solo13 (148 posts) -
its like Battlefield 2 but 1000 time bigger and better!
#15 Posted by OO7OO7 (702 posts) -

256 players!

this game is going too be CRAZY!!!:D

#16 Posted by JordanKid (1231 posts) -

Can't wait

#17 Posted by cochisewarrior (676 posts) -

though the one big problem that this game is most likely going to have is major lag! just look at COD4 with ground war, 16 players in the game and almost every match had lag, this is definalty going to be a challenge for the devs making the game

#18 Posted by DEF-JAM (115 posts) -
LINKS?
#19 Posted by cochisewarrior (676 posts) -
wat do you mean link, did u not see it?
#20 Posted by DEF-JAM (115 posts) -
No?
#21 Posted by xxxvvvbbb (939 posts) -

I almost crapped my pants as well, haha, being a huge Battlefield fan especially. I love the concept of large scale, massive battles like we were all treated to with the Battlefield series. Even BF3 is supposed to "only" support 80 players, which I thought was huge already.

But 256 players and on a console no less? Holy hell. Can't wait.

#22 Posted by mikeyv1890 (26 posts) -
i cant wait to see the gameplay for the game!
#23 Posted by LegendaryFox77 (1196 posts) -
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4nxx4nPXEE
#24 Posted by jeremiah06 (7169 posts) -

I'm interested to see the monthly fee price :P RoganSarine

Yes, anymore than $9.99 and that's a game that I will never play.

#25 Posted by SoyUnPerdedor (426 posts) -

I just hope they keep the hilarious name

MASSIVE ACTION GAME!!!

#26 Posted by jeremiah06 (7169 posts) -

though the one big problem that this game is most likely going to have is major lag! just look at COD4 with ground war, 16 players in the game and almost every match had lag, this is definalty going to be a challenge for the devs making the game

cochisewarrior

I never had any lag issues with resistance, and That was 32 players. also warhawk $29.99!!!!!!!!!

#27 Posted by Corvan (551 posts) -
MAG, very good concept. Just hope it is done well. I was grinning when they showed this game. Something I would love to play :)
#28 Posted by BRAWLL (307 posts) -

cochisewarrior

yes but thats Infinity wards problem... look at RFOM, NO LAG, look at WARHAWK NO LAG..... MGO NO LAG>>> RFOM 40 players no lag ever...

#29 Posted by HellsAngel2c (5540 posts) -
the concept is so mind blowing i peed a little :P not really, bt i may as well have cause the idea is just too unbelievable!!! Magnificent Mag!
#30 Posted by cochisewarrior (676 posts) -
[QUOTE="cochisewarrior"]

BRAWLL

yes but thats Infinity wards problem... look at RFOM, NO LAG, look at WARHAWK NO LAG..... MGO NO LAG>>> RFOM 40 players no lag ever...

whoa there, my bad, did look through those games, just thought of the most recent one, im just hoping they do it right so that there is no lag

#31 Posted by Elviathan (5052 posts) -
Let's see how stable it will be when it comes out.
#32 Posted by cochisewarrior (676 posts) -
yup
#33 Posted by thekingisme (92 posts) -
the game looks like it could own a lot of other online shooters... But i will have to see some gameplay footage first (then maybe try it)
#34 Posted by juicetino (17873 posts) -
=| Unbelievable
#35 Posted by ownzone55 (557 posts) -
Sure it depends in the popularity of the game. I mean i struggle just to get 4 ppl on gta. You know how long it would take just for ppl to fill up in the room of 256. This game came out of nowhere and you expect this to get alot of ppl's attention. That was a cgi trailer by the way Plus your dealing with ppl who are quitting and lagging out. The numbers of this game will be difficult for the game developers. I suggest a held game that starts every half an hour will help. Like tournaments, times, scedhules for when these games start. Honestly i see this game unorganized and going to be a mess. If it works, i can see this game succeeding into some fun virtual war.
#36 Posted by solaris1979 (1592 posts) -
[QUOTE="cochisewarrior"]

MusashiSensi

Yes, I do agree that MAG looked like a cool concept.

One that I am sure they are going to have problem to carry out... Syncing 256 players for FPS is not going to be an easy job. It's doable, but will take a lot of computing power... however, this is just another generic shooter for me at the moment unless they can show a beta server with at least 128 players playing.
#37 Posted by GreyFoXX4 (3612 posts) -
Don't know if this has been said about the tactical part of the game yet. But from that footage did yall notice that the bad guys walked through the dead bodies to chk for living good guys. I'm thinking there may be no respawn so therefore you've got to make your moves and be careful. Definitly setting up true perimeters and such. Being tactical as to how to infratrate and over come while staying alive. If there was respawn it may have been as a group on that 2nd wave of paratroopers. And if this is correct I can't wait for this. No more running around with your head cut off but seeing a full force of troops and killing and trying to live through all of it puts bumps on my arms lol.
#38 Posted by Duckman5 (18934 posts) -
Yeah it's like Battlefield 2. (Awesome game) but bigger! On the top of my list now!
#39 Posted by carneyfolk (608 posts) -
Yeah, if they pull it off, then the 360 will be in loads of online multiplayer trouble :P
#40 Posted by cochisewarrior (676 posts) -

Don't know if this has been said about the tactical part of the game yet. But from that footage did yall notice that the bad guys walked through the dead bodies to chk for living good guys. I'm thinking there may be no respawn so therefore you've got to make your moves and be careful. Definitly setting up true perimeters and such. Being tactical as to how to infratrate and over come while staying alive. If there was respawn it may have been as a group on that 2nd wave of paratroopers. And if this is correct I can't wait for this. No more running around with your head cut off but seeing a full force of troops and killing and trying to live through all of it puts bumps on my arms lol.GreyFoXX4

wow, dude if your right, this is gonna be one hell of a game. no respawning so its kinda like real war. a very good game it will become if they pull it off. and i do think they will pull it off with flying colors. i just have a feeling this is gonna play out to be really good

#41 Posted by Concrete-Jungle (217 posts) -
The game looks interesting, i gonna be following it.
#42 Posted by cochisewarrior (676 posts) -

The game looks interesting, i gonna be following it.Concrete-Jungle

agreed