This topic is locked from further discussion.

donwon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 donwon06
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
Has anyone else had the problem of their ps3 fan kicking in real loud for no reason? I was playing GTA last night (for not even an hour) and the fan kicks into high gear like it's overheating. by the way the ps3 is very quiet, but when that other fan kicks on, it becomes really, really loud. it's never done this before, and my ps3 is out in the open. one of the best things i love about my ps3 is about how quiet it's been. sony said they think it's overheating for some reason and to send it in, but screw that. the only thing is, that i put my hand in the back and the air that's blowing out really hard isn't even hot. this just really pisses me off, because one of the main reasons i bought a ps3, is because i got tired of messing with my pos 360 (gone through 4 of them).:evil:
Basejumper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Basejumper1
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts
There is a whole lot of stuff going on in GTA. My system runs a little hard at times as well. Its no big deal though.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Vacuum clean the vents and every orifice that leads to the inside of the machine (except the BR drive)
Basejumper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Basejumper1

Vacuum clean the vents and every orifice that leads to the inside of the machine (except the BR drive)rogerjak

Dang, thats a good idea. Why on earth didnt I think of that. I have just been using the vacuum to chase the dogs around the house.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rogerjak

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]Vacuum clean the vents and every orifice that leads to the inside of the machine (except the BR drive)Basejumper1

Dang, thats a good idea. Why on earth didnt I think of that. I have just been using the vacuum to chase the dogs around the house.

Cry me a river will ya?
Basejumper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Basejumper1
[QUOTE="Basejumper1"]

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]Vacuum clean the vents and every orifice that leads to the inside of the machine (except the BR drive)rogerjak

Cry me a river will ya?

Ummm, What? So much for trying to complement someone for an idea I have yet to hear. Fade away then.

donwon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 donwon06
some people have said not to use a vacuum like that. i've only had this ps3 since feb., so i don't see how that much dust could have built up, but it's worth a shot.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rogerjak
[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="Basejumper1"]

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]Vacuum clean the vents and every orifice that leads to the inside of the machine (except the BR drive)Basejumper1

Cry me a river will ya?

Ummm, What? So much for trying to complement someone for an idea I have yet to hear. Fade away then.

I still don't know what is your problem. I just gave a suggestion and you act all " STFU that iz a zimple zuggestion it wil nut wurk" Just shut up.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogerjak
some people have said not to use a vacuum like that. i've only had this ps3 since feb., so i don't see how that much dust could have built up, but it's worth a shot. donwon06
low potency vacuum cleaner. Set yours to minimum and you're fine. And trust me, it catches alot of dust!
Basejumper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Basejumper1
[QUOTE="Basejumper1"][QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="Basejumper1"]

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]Vacuum clean the vents and every orifice that leads to the inside of the machine (except the BR drive)rogerjak

Cry me a river will ya?

I still don't know what is your problem. I just gave a suggestion and you act all " STFU that iz a zimple zuggestion it wil nut wurk" Just shut up.

Wow, your a sensitive little guy arnt you? I was being serious and trying to add a joke on the end. Maybe my jokes suck but your attitude towards other posters is just miserable. I feel sorry for you :(

donwon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 donwon06

Vacuum clean the vents and every orifice that leads to the inside of the machine (except the BR drive)rogerjak

There is a whole lot of stuff going on in GTA. My system runs a little hard at times as well. Its no big deal though.Basejumper1

well i've been playing GTA since monday with no problems, and last night it just started acting funny. i think i just have bad luck w/ electronics. 4 360's, now my ps3 is acting funny. it's like companies don't make their products with as good quality anymore. remember when we were young (i'm 2 8), electronics would last forever. my nintendo lasted forever and old tv's would last forever. we had a tv from when i was like 6 years old that worked still when i was in my teens.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
It may be time to get a can of the canned air and use it along with a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the dust build-up on the electronics in-side the console. I use a swifter on my system a couple of times a week and I never turn the PS3 off and it never has had a problem. One day I will take it down and give it a good cleaning before it does have a problem.
donwon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 donwon06

It may be time to get a can of the canned air and use it along with a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the dust build-up on the electronics in-side the console. I use a swifter on my system a couple of times a week and I never turn the PS3 off and it never has had a problem. One day I will take it down and give it a good cleaning before it does have a problem.jimm895

you've used that canned air before? it doesn't mess nothing up blowing air into it like that?

Basejumper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Basejumper1

[QUOTE="jimm895"]It may be time to get a can of the canned air and use it along with a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the dust build-up on the electronics in-side the console. I use a swifter on my system a couple of times a week and I never turn the PS3 off and it never has had a problem. One day I will take it down and give it a good cleaning before it does have a problem.donwon06

you've used that canned air before? it doesn't mess nothing up blowing air into it like that?

Just be careful with that (canned air). If you tilt the spray can even a little it will spray out a liquid. I'm no electronics expert but I do know that moister is a very bad thing. Go for the vacuum, I'm gona when I get home.

donwon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 donwon06
yeah i don't like the idea of blowing air into it. wouldn't that just unsettle the dust in there and just kick it around? it really has nowhere to get out but the vents in the back. you know what i'm sayin? i'm going to just try the vacuum thing when i get home. appreciate everyone's feedback.

Avatar image for soaringmongoose
soaringmongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 soaringmongoose
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Heh... I saw the thread topic and I thought you were griping about an obnoxious PS3 fan[boy].
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
[QUOTE="donwon06"]

[QUOTE="jimm895"]It may be time to get a can of the canned air and use it along with a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the dust build-up on the electronics in-side the console. I use a swifter on my system a couple of times a week and I never turn the PS3 off and it never has had a problem. One day I will take it down and give it a good cleaning before it does have a problem.Basejumper1

Just be careful with that (canned air). If you tilt the spray can even a little it will spray out a liquid. I'm no electronics expert but I do know that moister is a very bad thing. Go for the vacuum, I'm gona when I get home.

The liquid that comes out is non conductive and it evaporates almost instantly. When I use the liquid the electronics are dry before I can turn something back on. I have used this stuff in electronics for years (I have even used it in a PC while it's still running without a single problem).

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogerjak
[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="Basejumper1"][QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="Basejumper1"]

Cry me a river will ya?

Wow, your a sensitive little guy arnt you? I was being serious and trying to add a joke on the end. Maybe my jokes suck but your attitude towards other posters is just miserable. I feel sorry for you :(

In that case, I'm sorry. But no I'm not THAT sensitive :P
Basejumper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Basejumper1
[QUOTE="Basejumper1"][QUOTE="donwon06"]

[QUOTE="jimm895"]It may be time to get a can of the canned air and use it along with a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the dust build-up on the electronics in-side the console. I use a swifter on my system a couple of times a week and I never turn the PS3 off and it never has had a problem. One day I will take it down and give it a good cleaning before it does have a problem.jimm895

The liquid that comes out is non conductive and it evaporates almost instantly. When I use the liquid the electronics are dry before I can turn something back on. I have used this stuff in electronics for years (I have even used it in a PC while it's still running without a single problem).

Cool, Good to know. In the Military we would spray that stuff into our boots (the liquid) to cool our feet off. We could get canned air but God forbid they gave us ice.

donwon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 donwon06
[QUOTE="Basejumper1"][QUOTE="donwon06"]

[QUOTE="jimm895"]It may be time to get a can of the canned air and use it along with a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the dust build-up on the electronics in-side the console. I use a swifter on my system a couple of times a week and I never turn the PS3 off and it never has had a problem. One day I will take it down and give it a good cleaning before it does have a problem.jimm895

if the vacuum thing don't work, i'm going to try the canned air. what else can it harm really? it was pretty hot in my apartment last night, so i kicked the ac on lower to try to cool the living room down, but that seemed to not work either. once again, i appreciate everyone's help.

Basejumper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Basejumper1
The temp of the room is one of my main factors. The "Game Room" is on the hot side of our house (which is why the wife let me have the room). Add to that the 42 inch plasma and the fact that I live in Arizona and you can see the heat issue. I'm thinking of getting a mini-fan and just setting it next to my system.