Looking to buy some HD collections...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 psx2514
Member since 2008 • 425 Posts

I'm looking to buy HD collections for games I already own and can play on my PS2 (hooked up to 32" LCD via component cables). I just would like to know, which of the following HD collections should be avoided at all costs based on technical aspects ONLY?

Devil May Cry HD Collection

Silent Hill HD Collection

Ratchet and Clank Collection

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Ratchet and Clank HD Collection and Devil May Cry HD Collection should not be avoided by fans looking to pick up the HD collections. I ran into zero issues with those two collections. I re-beat all three R&C games and had a blast. I re-beat DMC1, DMC2, and DMC3 as well.

Silent Hill HD Collection though needs a patch (which is available online) and is less refined as the two above as Konami didn't do as good a job with that collection.

I feel like you asked this question (are a very similar one) before many months ago. These collections are super cheap by now, so you should be good to go even with the Silent Hill HD Collection which you can nab cheaply.

If you are looking to avoid at all costs based on technical aspects only, I would avoid only Silent Hill HD Collection though considering my playtime with the three collections only the SH HD was rough.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 psx2514

@SolidTy said:

Ratchet and Clank HD Collection and Devil May Cry HD Collection should not be avoided by fans looking to pick up the HD collections. I ran into zero issues with those two collections. I re-beat all three R&C games and had a blast. I re-beat DMC1, DMC2, and DMC3 as well.

Silent Hill HD Collection though needs a patch and is less refined as the two above as Konami didn't do as good a job with that collection.

I feel like you asked this question (are a very similar one) before many months ago. These collections are super cheap by now, so you should be good to go even with the Silent Hill HD Collection which you can nab cheaply.

If you are looking to avoid at all costs based on technical aspects only, I would avoid only Silent Hill HD Collection though considering my playtime with the three collections only the SH HD was rough.

What is the maximum amount of money (U.S. currency) I should spend on each of these if I choose to buy them?

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get the Silent Hill HD collection. Even if I wanted to play SH3, I think I'd be better off getting a PS2 copy, and playing that. (Agree?)

As for Devil May Cry HD collection, would you agree that the jump in technical quality from the PS2 versions are worth the purchase of the HD collections?

As for Devil May Cry HD collection, would you agree that the technical issues aren't major enough to forego a purchase and just stick with playing my PS2 copies?

As for Ratchet and Clank HD collection, would you agree that the jump in technical quality from the PS2 versions are worth the purchase of the HD collections?

As for Ratchet and Clank HD collection, would you agree that the technical issues aren't major enough to forego a purchase and just stick with playing my PS2 copies?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolidTy

@psx2514:

1. $15-$20 new Maximum, less for used
  2. Agreed (SH is better on PS2, although there was a SH patch...)
  3. Agreed (assuming you have a nice HDTV)
  4. Agreed
  5. Agreed
  6. Agreed
psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By psx2514

@SolidTy said:

@psx2514:

4. Agreed
  5. Agreed
  6. Agreed

What's the max I should spend if it's used?

2.. Does that go for both SH2 and SH3?

3. I have a 32" 720p HDTV

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidTy

@psx2514 said:
@SolidTy said:

@psx2514:

4. Agreed
  5. Agreed
  6. Agreed

$12-$18 Maximum for used.

Buy SH Collection at your own risk. You need to download a patch and you need to make sure you get the PS3 version because the 360 version doesn't have a patch last I checked...it's iffy, but if you find SH Collection cheap, I would bite for $15 or less.

That's a much smaller screen and a lower resolution that I would have imagined...you may not notice the improvements as I did, but you should still see improvements even over a component video enabled PS2.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By psx2514

@SolidTy said:
@psx2514 said:
@SolidTy said:

@psx2514:

4. Agreed
  5. Agreed
  6. Agreed

Buy SH Collection at your own risk. You need to download a patch and you need to make sure you get the PS3 version because the 360 version doesn't have a patch last I checked...it's iffy, but if you find SH Collection cheap, I would bite for $15 or less.

That's a much smaller screen and a lower resolution that I would have imagined...you may not notice the improvements as I did, but you should still see improvements even over a component video enabled PS2.

$18 max for used? That's pretty high, don't you think?

At least Devil May Cry will be in widescreen now.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidTy

@psx2514 said:
@SolidTy said:
@psx2514 said:
@SolidTy said:

@psx2514:

4. Agreed
  5. Agreed
  6. Agreed

I gave maximum prices ($12-$18), not the best prices.

I don't buy used games often, you'll have to check around.

I wouldn't pay more than $18 for a used, but personally I would rather get it new for $20 or less myself...

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By psx2514

@SolidTy said:
@psx2514 said:
@SolidTy said:
@psx2514 said:
@SolidTy said:

@psx2514:

4. Agreed
  5. Agreed
  6. Agreed

I wouldn't pay more than $18 for a used, but personally I would rather get it new for $20 or less myself...

Wow. I thought you wouldn't say any more than $10. By the way, you really should look into buying games used. I bought all the games in my collection used; saved me hundreds of dollars.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 psx2514

Anyone else have something to say on this topic?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidTy

@psx2514 said:
@SolidTy said:
@psx2514 said:
@SolidTy said:
@psx2514 said:
@SolidTy said:

@psx2514:

4. Agreed
  5. Agreed
  6. Agreed

Wow. I thought you wouldn't say any more than $10. By the way, you really should look into buying games used. I bought all the games in my collection used; saved me hundreds of dollars.

I'm very particular for my collection.

If I can find a used game with a near perfect case with no stickers or rough spots, all the booklets, and a near perfect disc with no fingerprints or scratches, I'll buy it used, otherwise I opt for new.

Sometimes I can find a used in a shape I would buy, but it's rare. That said, I am good at finding good deals for new games.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14788 Posts

There's a Ratchet HD collection?!?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points