Looking for a smexy HDTV for PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Retiring my Samsung 720p HDTV i bought back in 2006 and don't want to be stuck playing games on my 23" 1080p IPS monitor. Any suggestions for a brand and exact model? Preferably the cost must be $800 and under. I heard Plasma are pretty good these days, can i get a quality one for the price? and is it worth it?

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

I did the same a few months ago and upgraded from my 32'' 720p LG to a 47'' 1080p Smart LG that I caught on sale for $650.

I know they run a little more expensive but I've always been partial to the color production of LG LEDs. Some people who have more experience with newer plasmas will have to give you some advice there.

Tanden_Stoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Tanden_Stoker
Member since 2013 • 55 Posts

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL42W653-42-inch-WidescreenFreeview-Smart/dp/B00BV6411Q

You wont regret it. Crystal clear image. Nice looking tv, but foremost LOW input lagg and respons time. Essential for gaming :D

Seeing you are now using 28 inch, you could ofcourse go for the 32 inch model and save some money.

Is it worth it? HELL YEH

I recently switched to a similar tv( sony kdl32w655) and the difference is simply stunning. ( comming from a 720p tv that is :p )

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_

@tanden_stoker said:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL42W653-42-inch-WidescreenFreeview-Smart/dp/B00BV6411Q

You wont regret it. Crystal clear image. Nice looking tv, but foremost LOW input lagg and respons time. Essential for gaming :D

Seeing you are now using 28 inch, you could ofcourse go for the 32 inch model and save some money.

Is it worth it? HELL YEH

I recently switched to a similar tv( sony kdl32w655) and the difference is simply stunning. ( comming from a 720p tv that is :p )

My current 720p tv is only 26" and i wanna stay far from small tv's now, looking for something meaty and over 37". The the tv you posted looks amazing but im in canada and they don't even have them on amazon.ca nor BestBuy so i dunno. If i could find it for my price range i would certainly seriously consider it.

jukev2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jukev2424
Member since 2013 • 269 Posts

@silversix_: If the system is sony, it should be played on a sony. I love my sony bravia 46 inch.

Plasmas are very good for video gaming ,especially in places with little light (basements)

Black friday is the best time to shop for a TV, that is when i think you should upgrade.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Panny plasma, don't know CAD prices so not sure I can recommend, preferably ZT series.

Shelster61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shelster61
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I'm picking up a 40" Sony next week..

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 silversix_

@shelster61 said:

I'm picking up a 40" Sony next week..

which model

dangamit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 dangamit
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts

@silversix_: Just wait till black friday.

costyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 costyssj4
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Retiring my Samsung 720p HDTV i bought back in 2006 and don't want to be stuck playing games on my 23" 1080p IPS monitor. Any suggestions for a brand and exact model? Preferably the cost must be $800 and under. I heard Plasma are pretty good these days, can i get a quality one for the price? and is it worth it?

Hi, I have a Panasonic 50" GT60, Everythink looks great especially in motion compared to LCD and the blacks are great, I use it as a monitor for my PC and for the ps3, had it for about 6 months, no image retention so far, i even coded for 5 hours straight using an IDE and it was static, no image retention even then. There is only one issue with it, it doesnt have a display port so 3D is FullHD at 24Hz, maybe if a new HDMI cable comes along then it can support 1080P 3D at 60hz. I saw that AMD graphics card support this with a technology called framepacking so that means 1080P 3D at 60hz with the HDMI cable. The GT model and higher have great response time 20 ms or so, but the ST has 43 or so.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

My Sony tv and my PS3 can be said to "communicate" well together as my gf notices much better picture quality when compared to her Xbox 360.

Personally, I prefer SONY, but that's just me. Picking a new tv set is a big investment and I prefer it's done correctly. I LIKE to watch the tv in action before I purchase it. My suggestion, dull as it may sound, is to go down to your local tv-distributor and look at the tvs. Check out a few different brands, spend an hour...two! at the store and look at different criterias that you have written down in advance. Write down three that you believe are the best, and check online for better pricing. This is my suggestion to you.
Remember to check the dpi.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Panasonic Plasmas are literally the best gaming TVs I know of for the price. Their best models (2013 models) are their last Plasma lineup. Fortunately I picked up a brand new 42" Panasonic S60 for $400 while the 42" TVs were on their way out during the summer. It's one of the best 42" Plasma TVs you can get, and the best looking TV I've seen in person (I don't know anyone else with great TVs).

Fortunately you can still pick up the 50" edition of the TV for $697, no tax + free shipping, from here.

You can see CNET's review of this TV model here.

"The bottom line: The Panasonic TC-PS60 plasma TV's low price, high-end picture quality, and bare-bones Smarts make it one of the best values we've ever seen."

And I agree with CNET, I honestly don't think you can do better than this TV at this price point.

It's a decent size and will have better image quality than any LED compared to it. To get the next step up (ignoring the ST60 due to input lag), you'd have to spend over $1,600 I believe.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

do NOT buy a plasma.

i currently own an panasonic ST50. i have had nothing but problems out of the TV since i bought it. people try to lead you to believe that IR and other issues dont exist anymore in plasmas, but that is a complete lie.

if i play a game with a light colored UI for more then 2 hours, i will have IR for weeks. hell, my wife watched netflix with subtitles on for a few days, maybe 3-4 hours a day... and now we have permanent dark bars where the subtitled were at the bottom of the screen. they have been there for months now. it is burn in at this point, as IR does not last for more than just a few weeks at the worst.

there is absolutely no chance i would ever recommend a plasma to a gamer. no chance at all. IR is not the only issue you will run in to with plasmas... you will also see minor to severe horizontal line bleed which can be extremely distracting. also, screen uniformity is a common issue with plasmas as well. we arent talking clouding or flashlighting, we are talking areas of the screen that are tinted either pink or yellow. it is VERY common for panasonic plasmas to have one to two pink or green tinted blobs on the screen. you wont notice this during normal viewing, but if what is on the screen has a grey or light blue background (like the sky) you will see it, and it will be distracting. false contouring is also pretty common on panasonic plasmas. finally, phosphor glow is a big issue that took a long time for me to adjust to. basically what you will see, in fast moving scenes in games that run below 60fps, is a combination of judder and a ghostly image that is the reverse color of what is on the screen. it doesnt last long, but it is long enough for your eye to register that a strange color was on the screen. it took me months to adjust. check out a video i posted on youtube of the issue here:

Loading Video...

make sure the video is set to 720p... and you can clearly see yellow and blue solid colors showing up where they definitely shouldnt be when the image is moving quickly.

LEDs with dimming technology are approaching plasma blacks.... and the drawbacks from plasma sets are too severe to even consider them. i personally will never buy a plasma again, eve with their SLIGHLY superior image quality. LEDs are just getting too close in image quality to consider a technology with so many problems.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KHAndAnime

Dingus, don't think your TV's problems apply to everyone else - because they don't. I'm not sure how your IR could be so awful. Maybe your brightness/contrast settings are set way too high. To put things into perspective, I can play games on my 2009 Panasonic Plasma for 5+ hours, and the resulting IR would be gone minutes after the session. The 2013 Plasma has even less IR. And neither of my sets have your described issues. If this isn't your case, your television isn't working as it should. Perhaps you weren't taking proper care of it during it's initial 50-hour break-in period and ran the brightness too bright.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55FH6003-55-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B00EA650XM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1383808977&sr=8-5&keywords=samsung+55+led

I've got this TV and love it. Samsung 55" 1080p LED 120hz $800. Blurays look really sick on it. My brother lives next door to me and has a Sony Bravia, but he always complements my TV when he comes over.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Geminon

@KHAndAnime said:

Dingus, don't think your TV's problems apply to everyone else - because they don't. I'm not sure how your IR could be so awful. Maybe your brightness/contrast settings are set way too high. To put things into perspective, I can play games on my 2009 Panasonic Plasma for 5+ hours, and the resulting IR would be gone minutes after the session. The 2013 Plasma has even less IR. And neither of my sets have your described issues. If this isn't your case, your television isn't working as it should. Perhaps you weren't taking proper care of it during it's initial 50-hour break-in period and ran the brightness too bright.

or perhaps you are just a fucking idiot and dont know what you are talking about.

go to AVSForums. plasma forum. everything i described is common, and i would take the word of the folks on that forum long before i would listen to anything your pompous dumb ass has to say.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

or perhaps you are just a fucking idiot and dont know what you are talking about.

go to AVSForums. plasma forum. everything i described is common, and i would take the word of the folks on that forum long before i would listen to anything your pompous dumb ass has to say.

Went to the ST50 owner's thread and read the most recent 10 pages. Not a single post sharing your sentiments on the TV, but dozens of posts praising it (even with some users owning it for over a year). Common issues my ass. Rising blacks on Panasonic's were actually a common issue (and you wouldn't have to search through 10+ pages in an owner's thread to hear people complaining about it). To me it sounds like you either got a crap set or you abused the hell out of it with high contrast/brightness settings.

Furthermore, you're uselessly complaining about dated models that no one is looking to buy. It's unfortunate your TV didn't meet your expectations, but it met the expectations of A/V critics who see dozens of different models by the year. Your case simply isn't typical and doesn't apply to the Plasma he may be looking to purchase.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Geminon

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Went to the ST50 owner's thread and read the most recent 10 pages. Not a single post sharing your sentiments on the TV, but dozens of posts praising it (even with some users owning it for over a year). Common issues my ass. Rising blacks on Panasonic's were actually a common issue (and you wouldn't have to search through 10+ pages in an owner's thread to hear people complaining about it). To me it sounds like you either got a crap set or you abused the hell out of it with high contrast/brightness settings.

Furthermore, you're uselessly complaining about dated models that no one is looking to buy. It's unfortunate your TV didn't meet your expectations, but it met the expectations of A/V critics who see dozens of different models by the year. Your case simply isn't typical and doesn't apply to the Plasma he may be looking to purchase.

oh shut the **** up KHAndAnime. you go around these forums acting like you are some know it all bigshot when you are just a giant asshole. you are no better than SkaREo. first fucking page of the ST50 owners page... "IR issues".... i mean its right fucking there.... and has like 50 pages of posts. all of those issues are incredibly common for all plasma sets. one glance at the plasma forums shows that.

but no. you would rather walts around wagging your dick at everyone like they couldnt POOOOSSIBLY have issues... and nothing anyone else says could POOOOSSIBLY be correct, because you said so.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I own a led tv and the picture quality is amazing for watching movies and gaming I had a panny plasma tv and the picture quality was terrible.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

oh shut the **** up KHAndAnime. you go around these forums acting like you are some know it all bigshot when you are just a giant asshole. you are no better than SkaREo. first fucking page of the ST50 owners page... "IR issues".... i mean its right fucking there.... and has like 50 pages of posts. all of those issues are incredibly common for all plasma sets. one glance at the plasma forums shows that.

but no. you would rather walts around wagging your dick at everyone like they couldnt POOOOSSIBLY have issues... and nothing anyone else says could POOOOSSIBLY be correct, because you said so.

Why are you making things up? OP, please, check the thread yourself and see how many people are complaining about his issues. Go to the last page and work your way back - you might discover one person complaining about their IR for every 20 pages of people praising the TV.

I don't care if you have issues. You probably didn't take proper care of the TV during its initial break-in period. Everyone in that thread should be complaining and sharing your issues but obviously only an extreme minority do. Stop acting like your problems with your TV are everyone else's - if you can't accept that your case isn't typical, then you're straight delusional. If everyone shared your issues with the TV, it wouldn't be one of the highest rated models of the year - would it?

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I just got the Samsung UN5400f50 I think it was.

It's a really nice set.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By silversix_

@KHAndAnime said:

Panasonic Plasmas are literally the best gaming TVs I know of for the price. Their best models (2013 models) are their last Plasma lineup. Fortunately I picked up a brand new 42" Panasonic S60 for $400 while the 42" TVs were on their way out during the summer. It's one of the best 42" Plasma TVs you can get, and the best looking TV I've seen in person (I don't know anyone else with great TVs).

Fortunately you can still pick up the 50" edition of the TV for $697, no tax + free shipping, from here.

You can see CNET's review of this TV model here.

"The bottom line: The Panasonic TC-PS60 plasma TV's low price, high-end picture quality, and bare-bones Smarts make it one of the best values we've ever seen."

And I agree with CNET, I honestly don't think you can do better than this TV at this price point.

It's a decent size and will have better image quality than any LED compared to it. To get the next step up (ignoring the ST60 due to input lag), you'd have to spend over $1,600 I believe.

wow this looks absolutely perfect. Do you think i should wait Boxing Day for this TV or it won't be available anymore? Because right now i have the 42 and 50" in my local BestBuy and FutureShop

samus_my_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#23 samus_my_life
Member since 2010 • 327 Posts

Sadly what i got is LG Al6031 HD 1080 3D ....

Shelster61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shelster61

@silversix_: Sorry for the delay! been working LoL... I'm going Thursday to Costco and picking up a 40" KDL-40R450A Sony...I also saw it on amazon for the same price as Costco..

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 silversix_

@shelster61 said:

@silversix_: Sorry for the delay! been working LoL... I'm going Thursday to Costco and picking up a 40" KDL-40R450A Sony...I also saw it on amazon for the same price as Costco..

how much are you paying? the look of the tv, price and brand is pretty good

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

The Vizio M series line is fantastic if you don't mind spending like 30 minutes adjusting the color settings... Got a 60" for 900$... Can't beat that.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/m-series-50-class-49-1-2-diag--led-1080p-240hz-smart-3d-hdtv/8768104.p;jsessionid=64E453B644E2A0068FB89B74C7F892F1.bbolsp-app04-186?id=1218890758669&skuId=8768104&st=vizio%20m&cp=1&lp=10

^^ This.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Geminon

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/55-class-54-5-8-diag--led-1080p-240hz-smart-3d-hdtv/8653079.p?id=1218882642697&skuId=8653079&st=sony%20W900A&cp=1&lp=4

the best LED TV you can buy right now. the price is higher than others of its size... but you are buying the best picture, response time, and features that you can find in a TV of its type currently. blacks approach plasma quality, and colors are actually reported to be BETTER than the panasonic plasma line.

i know it seems expensive, but it is worth it. 16ms response time... you wont find better for gaming.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Geminon said:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/55-class-54-5-8-diag--led-1080p-240hz-smart-3d-hdtv/8653079.p?id=1218882642697&skuId=8653079&st=sony%20W900A&cp=1&lp=4

the best LED TV you can buy right now. the price is higher than others of its size... but you are buying the best picture, response time, and features that you can find in a TV of its type currently. blacks approach plasma quality, and colors are actually reported to be BETTER than the panasonic plasma line.

i know it seems expensive, but it is worth it. 16ms response time... you wont find better for gaming.

First off, you're way over budget with that recommendation. Second off, CNET says about that specific TV's picture quality

Unsurprisingly, the fantastic Panasonic ST60 plasma was better in all areas, and at half the price of the Sony, too. Sure you can pay a lot extra for a picture that's almost as good as a plasma, but why should you?

OP, sounds like if you just grabbed the Panasonic S60 I recommended, you'd have picture quality just as good as that $2,000 TV (because the S60 is only very slightly worse than the ST60, just like that Sony 55"). Really, it's a no brainer...

The Sony has about 20ms input lag, and the Panasonic S60 has 34ms - it would be nigh impossible to be able to tell the difference on a console.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Geminon

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

First off, you're way over budget with that recommendation. Second off, CNET says about that specific TV's picture quality

Unsurprisingly, the fantastic Panasonic ST60 plasma was better in all areas, and at half the price of the Sony, too. Sure you can pay a lot extra for a picture that's almost as good as a plasma, but why should you?

OP, sounds like if you just grabbed the Panasonic S60 I recommended, you'd have picture quality just as good as that $2,000 TV (because the S60 is only very slightly worse than the ST60, just like that Sony 55"). Really, it's a no brainer...

The Sony has about 20ms input lag, and the Panasonic S60 has 34ms - it would be nigh impossible to be able to tell the difference on a console.

why would you? because plasmas are garbage, that is why. sure they have nice PQ, but there are too many drawbacks to list.

According to AVSForums and several professional calibrators that have posted, with adjustment, the W900A actually has better color than any of the panasonic plasmas.

get over it. nobody wants a plasma... that is why panasonic is ending all production. as soon as late next year, you may not be able to even find a plasma TV, and good riddance.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KHAndAnime

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

why would you? because plasmas are garbage, that is why. sure they have nice PQ, but there are too many drawbacks to list.

According to AVSForums and several professional calibrators that have posted, with adjustment, the W900A actually has better color than any of the panasonic plasmas.

get over it. nobody wants a plasma... that is why panasonic is ending all production. as soon as late next year, you may not be able to even find a plasma TV, and good riddance.

Good one. Plasma's are still the most fawned-over tech at the AVS forums. After calibration, the color would be about the same - but the contrast wouldn't be. Purely because of its weaker contrast, the PQ is incapable of reaching plasma levels, which is quite pathetic considering how much it costs...

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Geminon

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

Good one. Plasma's are still the most fawned-over tech at the AVS forums. After calibration, the color would be about the same - but the contrast wouldn't be. Purely because of its weaker contrast, the PQ is incapable of reaching plasma levels, which is quite pathetic considering how much it costs...

Sony W900A Black Luminance: 0.003

Panasonic S60 Black Luminance: 0.004

Panasonic ST60 Black Luminance: 0.00373

So your precious plasma S60 is actually WORSE in contrast than the Sony.... and the ST60 is VIRTUALLY identical.

what was that about the contrast being SOOOOOOO much better on a plasma? yeah, that is what i thought. plus with a little bit of calibration you get better color out of the sony.

face it, plasmas are not as amazing as they used to be. the LED's coming out this year are capable of producing a very similar PQ. the only real drawback you will find with a LED is clouding/flashlighting.... which you can easily eliminate by just returning your sets until you get one without any (1-2 returns typically). plasmas you have to baby for the life of the TV, and it is completely ridiculous.

Shelster61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shelster61

@silversix_: $429.00.. Amazon is $ 428.00

Tanden_Stoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tanden_Stoker
Member since 2013 • 55 Posts

just get one of the two sony bravias i posted here earlier :p

Goood tv's :D

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

I'm repeating it again, go with the M series dude.. 800 bucks for a 50 inch with 240 hz and the rare occasion you actually want to see things in 3d.

50" Vizio M Series 240 hz

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KHAndAnime

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

So your precious plasma S60 is actually WORSE in contrast than the Sony.... and the ST60 is VIRTUALLY identical.

what was that about the contrast being SOOOOOOO much better on a plasma? yeah, that is what i thought. plus with a little bit of calibration you get better color out of the sony.

face it, plasmas are not as amazing as they used to be. the LED's coming out this year are capable of producing a very similar PQ. the only real drawback you will find with a LED is clouding/flashlighting.... which you can easily eliminate by just returning your sets until you get one without any (1-2 returns typically). plasmas you have to baby for the life of the TV, and it is completely ridiculous.

Zzzz.... measured specs of every TV varies and those numbers are well within a margin of variation. Even variation differs based on the measurement software used. You're sitting here, arguing, comparing a TV flagship LED model to the lowest end Plasma model, it's pathetic dude...did you forget you're comparing these Plasma's to a TV that costs twice as much?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KHAndAnime

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

Zzzz.... measured specs of every TV varies and those numbers are well within a margin of variation. Even variation differs based on the measurement software used. You're sitting here, arguing, comparing a TV flagship LED model to the lowest end Plasma model, it's pathetic dude...did you forget you're comparing these Plasma's to a TV that costs twice as much?

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Geminon

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

oh ok.... so now you are completely changing your argument from "no LED TV is as good as a plasma" to "you are comparing a flagship model to a low end model" because i proved you wrong. you just have all the answers dont you?

also... all TVs were measured by the same software/hardware, by the same people and are an average of multiple tests completed.... i got those numbers from CNET.... so your argument of "margin of error" is out the window.

you wanna compare high end models? ok fine....

Panasonic VT60 Black Luminance: .002

Sony W900A Black Luminance: .003

almost an indistinguishable difference in contrast, and the TVs cost an identical amount on amazon. both 55" models. so there you go, i think i have made my point. if you are on a budget and want good PQ then fine, buy a plasma and live with the nightmare that is having to baby your TV rather than just being able to use it like normal. otherwise, buy the sony, get the same PQ (or better), and enjoy your TV without any worries.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

oh ok.... so now you are completely changing your argument from "no LED TV is as good as a plasma" to "you are comparing a flagship model to a low end model" because i proved you wrong. you just have all the answers dont you?

also... all TVs were measured by the same software/hardware, by the same people and are an average of multiple tests completed.... i got those numbers from CNET.... so your argument of "margin of error" is out the window.

you wanna compare high end models? ok fine....

Panasonic VT60 Black Luminance: .002

Sony W900A Black Luminance: .003

almost an indistinguishable difference in contrast, and the TVs cost an identical amount on amazon. both 55" models. so there you go, i think i have made my point. if you are on a budget and want good PQ then fine, buy a plasma and live with the nightmare that is having to baby your TV rather than just being able to use it like normal. otherwise, buy the sony, get the same PQ (or better), and enjoy your TV without any worries.

We're going in circles. CNET, the same people who you grabbed those specs from, said this about your TV:

Sorry dude. Your point is lost when the very people who give you these specs say the Plasma is better at half the price. PQ is more than measured specs, and measured specs differ from each individual TV (you can't discredit this).

Back to the beginning - your individual problems don't apply to everyone else. Typically, people are extremely satisfied with their Plasma TVs (especially those picky about good IQ). You don't have to baby your Plasma, just follow a couple easy guidelines when you buy it (such as being careful about brightness settings).

jaminator45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jaminator45
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I have four Panasonic VT plasmas dating back to 2007 and the newest being the 65"VT that just came out six months ago. THey have all had heavy gaming use and not a trace of IR on any of them, so maybe you just got unlucky.