This topic is locked from further discussion.

i_need_help33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 i_need_help33
Member since 2006 • 411 Posts

Hey... just got this really weird message from a sender entitled " * P S N OFFICIAL * or sumthing like that. Anyways it said that the message was randomly sent to different PSN members, and also said that you could have the chance to win $30 in PSN credit if you visit some website called "challenge2.spruz.com" it said you would get ur award there, and then it asked you to send them a message back saying what you recieved... ROFL

This was while i was playing Warhawk btw.. did anyone else get this message too?

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts
Scam, If you look back about 90 - 120 pages, you'll see the "Infamous" Killzone 2 BETA scam.
Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Puscifer_No1
Member since 2006 • 2769 Posts
[QUOTE="i_need_help33"]

Hey... just got this really weird message from a sender entitled " * P S N OFFICIAL * or sumthing like that. Anyways it said that the message was randomly sent to different PSN members, and also said that you could have the chance to win $30 in PSN credit if you visit some website called "challenge2.spruz.com" it said you would get ur award there, and then it asked you to send them a message back saying what you recieved... ROFL

This was while i was playing Warhawk btw.. did anyone else get this message too?

*Sniffs* I detect a hint of bs ;)
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
Sony will never contact you via PSN..
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#5 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

Sony will never contact you via PSN..americahellyeah

This

And even if they did for some odd reason, it would direct you to an official sony site anyway.

FrodoZHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 FrodoZHobbit
Member since 2008 • 435 Posts
[QUOTE="i_need_help33"]

I got this as well and figured it was a scam. I googled it and it is.
albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts
Listen to Frodo. Anytime I have ever received spam, scam or suspicious mail I've done a google search and found it already described. People are really good about reporting it. One of my faves is a site where people report any phone numbers they get hang ups or solicitations from etc. Anytime I've gotten a "who the hell is this?" call and screened it and they didn't leave a message, I was able to find out it was survey or subscription bs calls.
bukkookkub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 bukkookkub
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
Scam, If you look back about 90 - 120 pages, you'll see the "Infamous" Killzone 2 BETA scam. samuraiguns
Lol I was a victim of this, and had gotten that message and asked one of the topics worth about it. I actually sent my info for some dumb reason, then quickly changed my password. I got a strange friend request right after, and gave them a scare message thereafter noting that I have spoken with Sony to scan for the IP address and they will be following up with investigation.
msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts
Sad thing is that some people will try this.
ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

I've received several. One was that i won a ps3 and needed to give my billing address and credit card number (Very creative- win a ps3 via ps3). Another was to become a home beta tester, and then randomly at the end of the message demanded my social security number.

Ahh scams. They're provide a good chuckle

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

i_need_help33

I've seen people posting simular web addresses around here before and other places and many people screamed "hack". It's probably something to hack your account. Anyways, Sony never messages anybody via PSN. Neither does Sony give away money unless it's officially announced because we would even see ads here about Sony giving away $30 PSN cards (or Sony's website for that matter)

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#12 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. One reason I'm hesitant to showoff my tags in my sig. You never know who'll try to add you and leave you messages.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Worst site ever to try and say they are in relation with Sony.
joshius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 joshius
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
hey i had the same thing happend to me it was P-S-N_OFFICE he is a scamer i said it i will ring the police and then he said okok im a scamer get over it was a retard
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
don't revive old topics... last discussion was in late Feb 2009