LittleBigPlanet on the PSP???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

punch-145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 punch-145
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Before I start, I want to make clear that I am in no way claiming that LittleBigPlanet is going to be released on the PSP, but merely discussing the possibilities.

LittleBigPlanet has been getting a lot of attention from the gaming press for its gameplay that gives the player more freedom than any other game. So far, As far as we know, Sony is only releasing it on the PS3, but could they have plans of sometime soon porting it to the PSP?

It's not impossible.

The game is pretty simple with its side-scrolling gameplay, so it wouldn't need very complex controls, which would be perfect for the PSP, although they might have to reconfigure some of the controls.

Sure they would have to tune down the graphics a bit, but it would still work.

Why Sony might port LBP.

Sony has been paying far more attention to the PSP this year than ever before, with the addition of Skype, which allows users to use the PSP like a phone when connected to a WI-FI hotspot, and the Playstation Store will be coming to the PSP in the next couple months, allowing users to download games and other content straight to their PSP, rather than through a PC or PS3. What does this have to do with LittleBigPlanet possibly coming to the PSP? Well Sony obviously want to make the PSP more popular, so why not put their second-most popular game on the PSP also, especially when the game's simplicity would allow them to easily port the game to the PSP without having to change much?

Sony is porting some of the popular PSN games to the PSP in the coming months. flOw has already been confirmed to be released on the Playstation Store for the PSP next month, and there have been rumors floating around that Everyday Shooter will follow a similar path.

Why Sony might NOT port LBP.

The only real reason Sony would have for not porting LittleBigPlanet to be the PSP is exclusivity. Why let them play LitlleBigPlanet on the PSP that they already own when Sony could keep it exclusive to the PS3 and that buying a PS3 would be the only way to play it? But, Metal Gear Solid 4 should be far more than enough of a reason to buy a PS3.

Also, Sony could convince the players to buy both versions by putting exclusive content on the PS3 version and exclusive content on the PSP version, so in order to get everything, you'll have to buy both. This strategy has paid off countless times before with Pokemon and many other games.

So what do you think? Leave a comment and say what you think the odds are of Sony porting LBP, and if you would want it on the PSP. Personally, I think it could go either way, although it's very possible.

SGT4EVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 SGT4EVA
Member since 2007 • 1773 Posts
i would buy it, and at first when i saw it i thought it was for psp, but then i realzied it was way to advanced for psp, but i guess they could make like downloadable content and bring down those graphic a bit
psp8976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 psp8976
Member since 2008 • 4310 Posts
if the little big planet comes out for the psp it well be cool for that little thing
-DeStijl-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -DeStijl-
Member since 2007 • 540 Posts
i could totally see some form of LBP playability throught remote play.. Like a limited version of the game where you can explore created levels but not create. Only through remote play tho.. I highly dout any actual PSP port
punch-145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 punch-145

Yeah i'm not sure about the likeliness of a port, but Sony is capable it.

They probably will add remote play, but remember you can only use remote play when at a WI-FI hotspot or in close range of the PS3. I'm talking about a game on a UMD that you could play anywhere.

-DeStijl-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -DeStijl-
Member since 2007 • 540 Posts
yeah that wont happen. All the things you would need to play LBP would not fit on a UMD. If they did it would seem like a demo of the real game.
braindead_hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 braindead_hero
Member since 2004 • 1174 Posts
LBP is looking very exciting I guess they can't really do a straight port because it does look incredible but they might be able to maybe bring over the level editor so you could create levels on your PSP then trade them over to your PS3 to play on the big screen.
punch-145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 punch-145

yeah that wont happen. All the things you would need to play LBP would not fit on a UMD. If they did it would seem like a demo of the real game.-DeStijl-

They can fit a full GTA game on a UMD or the whole island of Oahu in Test Drive Unlimited but not LittleBigPlanet?

That makes perfect sense.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 mosespippy
Member since 2005 • 7501 Posts
LBP has way more complex controls than you guys are giving them credit for. Each arm is controled by an analog stick. I believe each hand can grab independantly of hte other using the L1 and R1 buttons, and moving the character left and right is also a matter of shoulder buttons(L2 to move left, R2 to move right), with X to jump. So, the PSP is missing 2 shoulder buttons and an analog stick. The Dpad is used for Emotion control. You could scrap that from a PSP version and use the dpad and face buttons for arm control, R and L for grabing, and the analog stick for jump and left/right movement, but this would make controls very dificult to use. Either way I'm getting it for PS3.
tomokosasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tomokosasaki
Member since 2007 • 1086 Posts
remote play is more likley to happen.. PSP can't handle LBP.
taker_1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 taker_1192
Member since 2004 • 612 Posts
LBP is a pretty big game for the PS3. I think Sony would want the PS3 succeed over the PSP any day therefore I don't see it happening.
punch-145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 punch-145

How would LBP on the PSP have anything to do with the PS3's success, other than help it?

You really need to think things through before saying them, that didn't make any sense.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mosespippy

How would LBP on the PSP have anything to do with the PS3's success, other than help it?

You really need to think things through before saying them, that didn't make any sense.

punch-145
LBP would be a crappy port if it was on PSP. Making a bad game is not what Mm want to do, and ruining the LBP name on a PSP game is not what they want to do either. If someone were to get the PSP game LBP, and think it sucks, because it will suck in comparison to the PS3 game, then they are less likely to get a PS3 for that game. LBP is worth getting a PS3 over, and a bad PSP port could leave a bad taste in the mouth of potential buyers.

Another reason LBP won't work for PSP is the moto is Play Create Share. A scaled down PSP version would have to cut out the Share aspect, and probably the Create aspect as well. That leaves you with just a single player game, which is not what LBP is about at all.
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
The PSP can't handle the physics of LBP. It would be pointless to severly downgrade the physics since that's LBP's shining point.
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
It would be cool if LBP came out for PSP but I'd stick with LBP on my PS3.
taker_1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 taker_1192
Member since 2004 • 612 Posts

punch-145

I'm saying that its one of the big 2008 PS3 games. Its definitely going to move units. If it were to lose its exclusivity then it may not move as many units.

Does that make sense?

BetterGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BetterGamer

Would be cool. The full LBP and level designer on ps3.

While the psp should be only allow to download content and play the levels.

punch-145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 punch-145
[QUOTE="punch-145"]

mosespippy

LBP would be a crappy port if it was on PSP. Making a bad game is not what Mm want to do, and ruining the LBP name on a PSP game is not what they want to do either. If someone were to get the PSP game LBP, and think it sucks, because it will suck in comparison to the PS3 game, then they are less likely to get a PS3 for that game. LBP is worth getting a PS3 over, and a bad PSP port could leave a bad taste in the mouth of potential buyers.

Another reason LBP won't work for PSP is the moto is Play Create Share. A scaled down PSP version would have to cut out the Share aspect, and probably the Create aspect as well. That leaves you with just a single player game, which is not what LBP is about at all.

You shouldn't bother saying something if you can't elaborate.

When you say that it would suck on the PSP, why don't you think ahead and give some reasons to back it up, otherwise, don't waste your time posting it.

kakashi_AnBu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 kakashi_AnBu
Member since 2005 • 1072 Posts
[QUOTE="punch-145"]

taker_1192

I'm saying that its one of the big 2008 PS3 games. Its definitely going to move units. If it were to lose its exclusivity then it may not move as many units.

Does that make sense?

Makes me wonder why everyone keeps asking for God of War and FFVII to keep on being ported to the PS2 since its one of PSP's biggest games and will "move units'

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mosespippy
[QUOTE="mosespippy"][QUOTE="punch-145"]

punch-145

You shouldn't bother saying something if you can't elaborate.

When you say that it would suck on the PSP, why don't you think ahead and give some reasons to back it up, otherwise, don't waste your time posting it.

I already did elaborate. See.
LBP has way more complex controls than you guys are giving them credit for. Each arm is controled by an analog stick. I believe each hand can grab independantly of hte other using the L1 and R1 buttons, and moving the character left and right is also a matter of shoulder buttons(L2 to move left, R2 to move right), with X to jump. So, the PSP is missing 2 shoulder buttons and an analog stick. The Dpad is used for Emotion control. You could scrap that from a PSP version and use the dpad and face buttons for arm control, R and L for grabing, and the analog stick for jump and left/right movement, but this would make controls very dificult to use. Either way I'm getting it for PS3.mosespippy
In summary. PSP can't hadle the Create and Share aspects of PLAY CREATE SHARE, and the controles are way more complex than you guys realize, and it wouldn't be a simple game on PSP because the controles just wouldn't be easy to use.
haseeb_1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 haseeb_1989
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
Flow is a good addition lbp and everyday shooter should also be ported.