Little Big Planet Hype

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fodpea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Fodpea
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts
To be honest and its just what i think but i dont see what all the hype is about little big planet
Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts

Being able to create your own game and then see (and play) what other people have made is an awesome concept.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

Being able to create your own game and then see (and play) what other people have made is an awesome concept.

Gabe11cap
I really am amazed on what people have made on the beta.
accesdenied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 accesdenied
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts
I agree with you I dont see what so special about this game, and no that concept is not "cool" its a cliche now get it together now.
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts
Do your own research pal! If you don't understand the hype of the game we don't have to explain it to you:evil:
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts
I agree with you I dont see what so special about this game, and no that concept is not "cool" its a cliche now get it together now.accesdenied
how is it anywhere near cliche? also a lot of the hype is coming from industry folks so imo it seems pretty reliable. check out the 1up video about it they are super stoked
jojo198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 jojo198
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts
let me tell u why it is hyped! cause its like everything 2D game in one disc, got it? if u still don't understand than stop bother it and play ur FPS that already gets old!
MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts
The hype is because it's something actually original. Jesus, these threads are becoming as bad as 'Why Does Everyone Hate Resistance 2?' threads.
Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts

To be honest and its just what i think but i dont see what all the hype is about little big planetFodpea

You must not be in the beta.

2SmokinBarells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 2SmokinBarells
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts
The hype is because it's something actually original. Jesus, these threads are becoming as bad as 'Why Does Everyone Hate Resistance 2?' threads.MorbidToaster
Didn't know about the resistance 2 threads? That's just plain stupid, the game is not even out yet.
MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts
Yeah, I know. It's really dumb. There's been 5+ of those stupid "Why is Everyonr Hating on Resistance2?" in the past few days.
ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

To be honest and its just what i think but i dont see what all the hype is about little big planetFodpea

then u need glasses, junior.

watchmen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 watchmen89
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

I'm in the beta and, personally, the "create" part is awesome. If you like that kind of stuff, and you're a creative person, you will most definetly spend a lot of hours playing with that and enjoy it. But, to be honest, there's not a single level made by the community that is fun, at least to me. Most of them end up being boring and they all seem like a sketch for a bigger game. And there are some really bad ones out there. Maybe the ones made by Media Molecule that come in the blu ray will be great, but this aspect of the beta is dissapointing me. And of course, sometimes you look at something and you go "wow, the guy who did this is great", but so what? Nice concepts don't make a game. Just look at that "tetris level". Of course it is great that someone, with no experience making games, could create a tetris game while using another game, but just watching the movie makes me sleepy. And what about the Mario level? Some folks just go bananas and go all "OMFG, a mario level made with little big planet!!!". But isn't there a Mario game that's just like 100 times better? I think that's the question we have to ask ourselves.

Also, the game has some issues and minor bugs. Sometimes when your sackboy is holding something and you fall or something like he becomes elastic man and his arms turn huge!

There's one thing, that, for me, is the worst and should really be corrected. When you're playing a level and you die, when you appear on a past checkpoint, the level stays the same as it was when you died. This is especially annoying on those levels with a car. If you turn on the motor of the car and just die in the middle of your trip and respawn, you don't have the car waiting for you where it was intended to be by the creator of that level. This also happens with plataforms, elevators and that kind of stuff. It's really messy as it can totally ruin the experience of the level for you

Right now i'm having a blast creating my first level. I like to put my creative side out there,lol. I just hope that whoever plays it has as much fun playing it as i had creating it.

This game is not about the hype, it's about you and what you like and want to obtain from a gamming experience.

Just ask yourself questions like:

"Would i like to create my own levels?, "Do i have the creativity to do so?", "do i have the time?", "do i prefer more casual games?", things like that. It really is up to you to decide.

Trick933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Trick933
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts
The person above me deserves a cookie.....and a slap in the face.
jm1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jm1080
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts
I seriously dont get this game either, Ive seen videos, but all you do is make levels, not games like people say. I wouldnt pay 60 bucks for a simple game like this. Do you even do anything in the game except make levels? I just see in videos little character run through mazes (levels) seems boring to me and an easy way to make money if you ask me.
Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

I seriously dont get this game either, Ive seen videos, but all you do is make levels, not games like people say. I wouldnt pay 60 bucks for a simple game like this. Do you even do anything in the game except make levels? I just see in videos little character run through mazes (levels) seems boring to me and an easy way to make money if you ask me.jm1080

The game is, at heart, a platformer. It's supposed to come with quite a few levels which should provide hours of play to the consumer. The level creator adds to it by allowing the community to create their own levels (really, it encourages it) and upload them to the "inerwebs" to allow other players to expand the experience. Some of these levels will be free, other may ask for a contribution to the creator (of the level, not the Media Molecule. Actually, I'd imagine the devs will want a cut, but you get the point).

The hype is centered around the idea that the game will be constantly growing, thanks entirely to a dedicated community (and a lot of the extra content will be free. The creator is sort of a playground that people will be able to show off to others), and will have a big draw in it's coop multiplayer environment, as a lot of levels will reward a few friends getting together to conquer certain challenges.

The problem is, of course, should the game flop (god forbid), this experiment will turn sour quickly.

I think this is a rather new idea in this area. PC games have seen the idea of "mods" for some time now. Half-Life is a shining example of what a dedicated community can bring to an experience they enjoy. Should LBP be able to touch gamers like HL did opn the PC, we could really get more than our money's worth from this title.

watchmen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 watchmen89
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

The person above me deserves a cookie.....and a slap in the face.Trick933

Oh, the kids who can't stand different opinions...sad.

Well, it isn't "easy money", making a game like this is way harder than making a Resistance 2, giving this much power and tools to the user.

I haven't decided if i'll get it or not, will see.