Little Big Planet 2 Player problems!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gipod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gipod
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts

So I just bought little big planet and a second control so I can play with my brother. I can't figure out how to play 2 player though and it's starting to get really annoying. From what I've read you just have to turn on another control and you can bring in another player. Also, when I try to play the game on 1 player with this control, it won't do anything, but the control works for any other game. Is it because this control is a 3rd party control (logitech)? Does LBP not support 3rd party controls?

Gipod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gipod

Can anyone tell me if they are playing the game with a non sony control?

wiidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 wiidog
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
Just turn on another controller and press start. If that doesnt work than something is wrong with your controller or game
Gipod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gipod
The control works fine in Burnout Paradise, so I really don't understand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 1407
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts
well maybe third party controllers wont work with this game, mines are working good, but there sony so i dont know man.
wiidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 wiidog
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
I dont know i have 2 sixaxis and 1 dualshock and they all work with LBP
Gipod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gipod

I've found out other people are having problems with 3rd party controls working for this game, I dont understand why the brand of my control matters. Apparently though, all controls were working before the latest update, so maybe they messed up something. I tried deleting the patch, but it still won't work =(

It's definately not the control, it works for all my other games.

Weird thing is, it will let me play 2 player with my guitar hero drums, but not the logitech control or my guitar hero guitar. WTF!

Gipod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gipod
Bump
ciso007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ciso007
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
me too i am geting annoyed as well we hold contact MM to fix it.
-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

Yup, same thing happens to me

It used to work in the LBP beta, but now it won't :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
deactivated-5d3f70a961d94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
you have to finish all the introduction levels before you can play with another person - the custom level creator and a whole load of extras are also unlocked with it.
LastRedMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LastRedMage
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts
Dude I would never even dream of using a third party controller. t they're just not reliable. Oh well next time get a dualshock 3.
KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 KengoK
Member since 2006 • 1768 Posts
you have to finish all the introduction levels before you can play with another person - the custom level creator and a whole load of extras are also unlocked with it.joshim982003
can anyone confirm this^ i am planing on buying LBP and a second controller....
sweetiii2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sweetiii2
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I had the same problem with a logitech controller. It just wouldn't work in LBP. Then two days ago I returned the logitech controller and got a sony dualshock controller and now it works fine. All you have to do to get a second player w/ a sony controller is turn the controller on and boom you're in business!
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

Can anyone tell me if they are playing the game with a non sony control?

Gipod

YEs i use an off brand controller i got from gamestop... its the gamestop brand.. and it works fine when playing lbp.... Plug in one controller just one... and load LBP wait to get to your pod... then plug in the second controller... you should see a pop up that says sign in as guess or other user

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
[QUOTE="joshim982003"]you have to finish all the introduction levels before you can play with another person - the custom level creator and a whole load of extras are also unlocked with it.KengoK
can anyone confirm this^ i am planing on buying LBP and a second controller....

No you dont need to play the introduction level first... you can start playing with more than 1 player as soon as you start the game... i know because i started playing the game with friends
Bec0use

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bec0use
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Yes y/ou do have to complete the intro/first place to get stuff but the're really easy the hardest level including the rest of the story is the bunker whitch I need help on.
Codefusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Codefusion
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Ok, I just read through several forums to finally found the solution to this.

First, you start playing 2 players as soon as the pod is up. The intro part where u run through the developers is only 1 player I believe.

Second, this is a third party controller issue. I have an original Sony PS3 controller and a logitech wireless controller. The Logitech wireless controller does no work with LBP at first. I troubleshooted by using the Sony controller first which was fine and then tried the logitech one which the game did not respond to it (only the main menu button worked).

And lastly, the solution is to plug your PS3 into the network and update the firmware using the system update option. After that's done, load the game and it will tell you the game itself needs to be updated. After you update the game, the logitech controller will work and you can play 2 players.