Light Gun Games, The Move, etc.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I heard there was a PS3 port of the recent "House of the Dead" game with upped graphics and such coming... And I thought to myself, if they made more games like "Lethal Enforcers" & the "Point Blank" series that're fun and involving, I would seriously consider buying Move. The hardware has already proven itself technically to be accurate and solid, and this genre seems like a natural. But there's really nothing like the old games on the PS3 at this time. I really miss "Lethal Enforcers II" and "Point Blank", standing in front of the television until all of the blood drained out of my arm. Those earlier games were so much more fun than the dribble of Gun games on the current gen... The genre really needs a shot in the arm (so to speak), but would a proper "repopulation" of the Light Gun landscape interest anyone else?

:)

Avatar image for killertrumpet92
killertrumpet92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 killertrumpet92
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts

I am totally in. I bought the move and the $40 gun peripheral (forgot the name lol) for Killzone 3 and now a days its all collecting dust. I just need one good move game and I'll be happy :)

EABGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EABGamer
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts

Voted Yes but please No. I don't want to buy the Move. Almost bought the Wii for that reason alone. I am a sucker for light gun games.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonkeySpot

Voted Yes but please No. I don't want to buy the Move. Almost bought the Wii for that reason alone. I am a sucker for light gun games.

EABGamer

An honest answer, to be sure!

:lol:

Did either of you (so far) play the "Point Blank" series at all? I would kill for those and a Justifier light gun again! Why did I ever dump those? Pro'ly cuz I needed *koff* gas money...

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Yes, yes yes yes yes!

Arcades have been dead for a long time, and I can still remember the fun I had with my best buddies. Playing Time Crisis 2 or 3 all the way, wasting many a quarter (and later on PS2, many a free continue). If they could come out with an improved Guncon and bring back Time Crisis or House of the Dead to their former glory then I'd be all for it. Provided I got enough content with my purchase of course.

I don't want to spend $60 for a 4 hours game, so if they can add tons of content like Mortal Kombat did with the reboot, or at least price it a bit cheaper then I'm all for it.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Sure. I mean so far aside from the remake of HoTD:Overkill(which I own on Wii) the only other reason to get a Move for me is because my controller is gonna make NMH: Paradise rather hard to play.:P

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

Yes, yes yes yes yes!

Arcades have been dead for a long time, and I can still remember the fun I had with my best buddies. Playing Time Crisis 2 or 3 all the way, wasting many a quarter (and later on PS2, many a free continue). If they could come out with an improved Guncon and bring back Time Crisis or House of the Dead to their former glory then I'd be all for it. Provided I got enough content with my purchase of course.

I don't want to spend $60 for a 4 hours game, so if they can add tons of content like Mortal Kombat did with the reboot, or at least price it a bit cheaper then I'm all for it.

SPYDER0416
Time Crisis Razing Storm has I think 3 separate campaigns and is down to around $25 on Amazon. I picked up The Shoot for $6 and it was pretty good as well.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i have the move (thanks to GS:) ) and i would be up for a point blank.. miss those games
RathiAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 RathiAssassin
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts
Yes to light gun, no to the move.. I have been considering getting a PS2 again so I could get Time Crisis 2, 3 and Crisis Zone and all the other light gun games :)
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonkeySpot

This has gotten a lot more positive responses than I was expecting!

:D

As far as "No to the Move"; If they could bring out several games where it wasn't so optional, and make a really solid bunch of games where the Move actually made the experience better (or indeed, what it IS), then I could see buying a set-up. The gun peripherals you set a Move wand into have gotten better. They just need to have something outside that "Time Crisis" disc.

I would buy one if they made even an up-rez version of the "Lethal Enforcers" games...

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

Yes, yes yes yes yes!

The_Rick_14

Time Crisis Razing Storm has I think 3 separate campaigns and is down to around $25 on Amazon. I picked up The Shoot for $6 and it was pretty good as well.

Damn, forgot about Razing Storm. It has the campaigns from the last 2 games right? Shame it doesn't have 2 or 3's, but I'll manage.

If Guncon's are cheap and I can play with it, then I'll definitely pick it up one day soon.

blaqphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 blaqphantom
Member since 2010 • 1829 Posts
ive been hoping for a House of the Dead Collection, plus i would like more time crisis games (number 3 was my fave) and others like Jurassic Park, even games like Rambo, terminator salvation, heck anything plz.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonkeySpot

I thought I was alone... Sounds like there's a market out there still!

B-boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#14 B-boy
Member since 2002 • 1965 Posts
I wisht capcom release umbrella chronicles and dark side choricles. sega l realease the house of dead series