Left 4 Dead comeing to PS3, but do we want it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts

The game seems like it might be fun, but this game will be ported by EA, just like the orange box, and we know how THAT turned out. They not only gave us a much more inferior version of it, but didnt care to support the game after the release with more patches and DLC. And since this game is all about the online, should we be even more worried?

I will pass on this game, because I am sure this will happen again, since ports on PS3 are allways horrible. So I advise you to think it twice too.

Also, I still remember all the **** valve has talked about the PS3, but they still release their games on it, but leave the development to a crappy studio,all so they can make a quick buck. They see PS3 owners as morons, or less important. I wont suport this attitude.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
everyone is thinking the same way as you. I personally think its great for people that dont have 360's or good gaming PCs.....but im definitely steering clear from the ps3 verison. Only because of what EA did to the orange box.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
i know i dont want it im sick of FPS i want more RPG's :cry: right now xbox seems like a more RPG console(only game im getting on there is infinite undiscovery so dont go crazy)but serisouly the PS2 and PS1 were known for there RPG's now theres hardly any
comeon123987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 comeon123987
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts
MAybe depends what games come aorund that time

Photobucket

Photobucket

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Hopefully, history doesnt repeat itself.
Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tlahui

MAybe depends what games come aorund that timecomeon123987

Also another problem, does anyone even want this game around the time when bioshock, R2, Far cry 2, LBP, motorstorm PR, mirrors edge, and god knows what are comeing out?

Leon_Kennedy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Leon_Kennedy1
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

Valve Games is a piece of trash

PS 3 doesnt need L4D and espically me

i got enough from FPS and the last 2 FPS i am gonna buy them for next 6-9 months are R2 and K2

broqz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 broqz
Member since 2003 • 773 Posts

[QUOTE="comeon123987"]MAybe depends what games come aorund that timeTlahui

Also another problem, does anyone even want this game around the time when bioshock, R2, Far cry 2, LBP, motorstorm PR, mirrors edge, and god knows what are comeing out?

well...of all those games u mentioned only one has a type of "zombie" in it. (R2, some of the infected humans act very left 4 dead-y in the preview video's i've seen)

and i think this game will offer a unique co-op exp that some gamers might really enjoy. but yes, let's hope they get their act together and make the game playable for any and all who get it for the PS3.

in all fair disclosure i plan on getting this game for my PC so i really don't care too much if it's comes out o the PS3. (but since i also own a PS3 i want as many good games on it as possible to help it's game libary)

Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tlahui
[QUOTE="Tlahui"]

[QUOTE="comeon123987"]MAybe depends what games come aorund that timebroqz

well...of all those games u mentioned only one has a type of "zombie" in it. (R2, some of the infected humans act very left 4 dead-y in the preview video's i've seen)

and i think this game will offer a unique co-op exp that some gamers might really enjoy. but yes, let's hope they get their act together and make the game playable for any and all who get it for the PS3.

in all fair disclosure i plan on getting this game for my PC so i really don't care too much if it's comes out o the PS3. (but since i also own a PS3 i want as many good games on it as possible to help it's game libary)

I agree with you, The director is the feature that I want to see in action, but my PC cant even run Half Life 2 well enough.

I guess I will hav to wait for RE5 toget my zombie killing on, but that game looks like RE4 too much. Maybe Ill just buy dead space later on.

broqz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 broqz
Member since 2003 • 773 Posts
[QUOTE="broqz"][QUOTE="Tlahui"]

[QUOTE="comeon123987"]MAybe depends what games come aorund that timeTlahui

I agree with you, The director is the feature that I want to see in action, but my PC cant even run Half Life 2 well enough.

I guess I will hav to wait for RE5 toget my zombie killing on, but that game looks like RE4 too much. Maybe Ill just buy dead space later on.

yes the director feature will probably make or break this game. hopefully the former.

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

i got enough from FPS and the last 2 FPS i am gonna buy them for next 6-9 months are R2 and K2

Leon_Kennedy1

Either thats your honest opinion or your fanboy is talking. Valve made one of the greatest FPSs(Half-life). While yes its kinda crappy that they hate PS3 developing but thats because their a PC developer. The only reason they put it on the 360 is to get more cash and its not that much harder. If Valve didn't port all the PC games to the 360 they'd have at least 1/2 less profit.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 XxAnubisxX
Member since 2003 • 4978 Posts

everyone is thinking the same way as you. I personally think its great for people that dont have 360's or good gaming PCs.....but im definitely steering clear from the ps3 verison. Only because of what EA did to the orange box. ReaperV7

i agree for the most part... i'll buy it for my computer cuz i can

Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
Well it depends on how bad the port of the PS3 is. :)
Leon_Kennedy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Leon_Kennedy1
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
[QUOTE="Leon_Kennedy1"]

FF6fan

Either thats your honest opinion or your fanboy is talking. Valve made one of the greatest FPSs(Half-life). While yes its kinda crappy that they hate PS3 developing but thats because their a PC developer. The only reason they put it on the 360 is to get more cash and its not that much harder. If Valve didn't port all the PC games to the 360 they'd have at least 1/2 less profit.

yeah i will admit i am a fan boy.. but trust me this my honest opinion

some people may disagree me but i played half-life on the PC and didnt like it all

all i like is counter-strike lol

gwf123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gwf123
Member since 2007 • 411 Posts
um did i miss something? when was l4d confirmed for the ps3?n if so i wanna buy it cuz.. we aint got any other zombie games on the ps3 so why not ?
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

um did i miss something? when was l4d confirmed for the ps3?n if so i wanna buy it cuz.. we aint got any other zombie games on the ps3 so why not ?gwf123

yup...just go on www.N4g.com go to the ps3 section..and bam..confirmation that ps3 is getting L4D

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#17 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
I'm uninformed. This game was made by.......Valve? /Puts on ignore list.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#18 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
that's cool, i didn't know that PS3 would be getting this game. my initial thoughts are of course, "great, another glitchy mess like the orange box." but i actually feel a little optimistic about this one, too. EA had sort of a practice run with the Source engine on PS3 when they developed the orange box, so they have that experience to look back on while developing L4D. plus, it was recently revealed that EA's games for some reason sell far better on the PS3 than on any other platform (link: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/30/ps3-raking-in-the-big-bucks-for-ea/) so they would be stupid to tick off such a large part of their audience again.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#19 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
[QUOTE="FF6fan"][QUOTE="Leon_Kennedy1"]

Leon_Kennedy1

yeah i will admit i am a fan boy.. but trust me this my honest opinion

some people may disagree me but i played half-life on the PC and didnt like it all

all i like is counter-strike lol

i have to agree with the half life part. HL2 did nothing for me.
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
I kind of want dead rising more. But since people are saying this is a pretty good game, I'd probably try it out with some of my friends.
halfbreed11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 halfbreed11111
Member since 2007 • 578 Posts
idk if it is good i might but ur right about the orange box though jerks
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
It isnt even confirmed. Its in the RUMOR section of the ps3 mag.
FulciLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FulciLives
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I don't own the Orange Box for the PS3 (or any version of it) but I thought it looked pretty kewl from some of the on-line videos I saw of game play.

Now I did read about the mess with the PS3 port but I also read that a patch (or patches) were released that supposedly "Fixed All" or is that NOT the case?

Can you guys fill me in because I was thinking I might pick this up at some point but not if it is all glitchy like. Perhaps Unreal Tournament is a better choice?

meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#24 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts

In my opinion a bad port is better than no port and besides, i think i am one of the few that encountered no problems with the orange box port. The only downside to it for me was the lengthy load times which totally detracted you away from the gameplay.

With regards to this game, i don't think it looks all that great, sure the gameplay is solid and the graphics are nice, but at the end of the day the game is only a few hours long and despite what the developers say about how its a unique expirience every time, you will have learnt of all major plot points and know what is going to happen next, scaling difficulty will not solve the problem.

JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts

that's cool, i didn't know that PS3 would be getting this game. my initial thoughts are of course, "great, another glitchy mess like the orange box." but i actually feel a little optimistic about this one, too. EA had sort of a practice run with the Source engine on PS3 when they developed the orange box, so they have that experience to look back on while developing L4D. plus, it was recently revealed that EA's games for some reason sell far better on the PS3 than on any other platform (link: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/30/ps3-raking-in-the-big-bucks-for-ea/) so they would be stupid to tick off such a large part of their audience again. fmobliv06

My thoughts exactly.

watson_twenty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 watson_twenty5
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts

In my opinion a bad port is better than no port and besides, i think i am one of the few that encountered no problems with the orange box port. The only downside to it for me was the lengthy load times which totally detracted you away from the gameplay.

With regards to this game, i don't think it looks all that great, sure the gameplay is solid and the graphics are nice, but at the end of the day the game is only a few hours long and despite what the developers say about how its a unique expirience every time, you will have learnt of all major plot points and know what is going to happen next, scaling difficulty will not solve the problem.

meischris39

I didn't encounter any real "glitch" problems either. EA's been kind of turning a new leaf. So I hope they don't f*** this up. I still have a little bit of faith. But only time will tell.

I know that you don't have to play it online with your friends. AI takes over your teammates [obviously]. I just hope they include some split screen gameplay. I'd love to play this game with a friend sitting right next to me. That would just help make the entire experience. I already have the friend picked out that I want to play this game with.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I thought it looked dumb the whole time. I'm really shocked there's even a slight amount of buzz around this title.

EA's been kind of turning a new leaf. So I hope they don't f*** this up. I still have a little bit of faith.

watson_twenty5
I think so. A couple of their games are being lead developed on the PS3 and their titles aren't looking like utter crap on the PS3.