Leaving Msg's in Demon's Souls Pointless?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Foxh0und666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Foxh0und666
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

I got Demon's souls about 3 days ago and already understand why this game is receiving so much praise. Absolutely fantastic, and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a good rpg. That aside, I just want to say that, to me at least, leaving messages isn't really all that it's cracked up to be. I mean, they're there to be used for helping other players, however all I ever see is "Hi" or "I'm in trouble-please recommend this". I've left at least 20 messages saying stuff like "watch out for enemy ambush" or "make sure to use blunt attacks" or other helpful advice, and yet I never get recommended. I also notice that other tags similar to those never get recommended either. I don't mean to say that it's a useless part of the game, because it's not, but it doesn't seem like people care enough to thank someone for taking their time and providing a hint or clue to help YOU. What do you guys think?

EkoHoshunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EkoHoshunin
Member since 2009 • 76 Posts

well, i sort of agree with you. i always try and recommend a helpful message especially after boss fights and they usually have more or less 26-30 recommendations so i'm know i'm not the only one, but it does bother me when i see the "Hi." message with 3356 recommendations. -_-

sogni_belli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sogni_belli
Member since 2010 • 950 Posts

I leave messages all the time, and I get recommended quite often. I usually leave messages about ambushes and about hidden treasure. It's really helpful when you get health back from a recommendation, especially when you're in the middle of a tough fight.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
I do see a lot of pointless comments, but there are the occasional helpful ones that make the entire system totally worth it. I would never have found the freakin' Monumental were it not for that single, sweet message, "Here it is." Thanks a billion to whoever left that little gem! I was looking for some wizardly looking guy on the top floor! :P
custerke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 custerke
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts

Well... I think you are the only one with that problem then, cuz I also leave quite alot of messages and everytime I log into my game again the other day or so I get a message that one of my messages has been recommended. And I seldomly come across useless messages like Hi or something