Last of Us Online still active and hacker-free?

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

Played this a fair amount after beating the campaign, is it still something people play? Is it just overwhelmed with hackers?

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

nope, lots of people still play it. they are coming out with more dlc fairly soon actually.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Essian: i play it just about every day lol that multiplayer is a love-hate thing with me. It's so unique and strategy based but unfair and cheap as well.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@jcrame10: Unfair? What are you talking about? *throws molotov from across the map at you*

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@SoNin360: matching is uneven half the time, dunno if its cuz fewer and fewer people are playing or what. i get matched against people who are in the 400-500 levels (im at 43). I hate how the new players dont have access to the assault rifle, flamethrower, military sniper and so forth. Not only do you have to play against people who are way more experienced than you, you have to face off against them with shitty guns lol

Yeah, but those molotovs tho....

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

@jcrame10: the silenced semi and revolver are the only thing you need man. put some covert 3 and brawler on and you're golden ponyboy.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

@Essian said:

Played this a fair amount after beating the campaign, is it still something people play? Is it just overwhelmed with hackers?

I've just went back to this after a few months away and it's still pretty active. I never wait more than 2 minutes for a match and I've only came across one hacker in my 40+ hours on the multiplayer. The one thing you'll find is there's 100s of alts around now. Guys on level 1-2 who rack up 10-12 kills without dying. Matches can still be a little one sided as well as the matchmaking doesn't seem to have improved at all.

Quick tip is to run with only a small firearm (revolver) and get the el diablo as your purchasable weapon. Then just buy ammo for it and watch the kills rack up.

I roll with:

Revolver
Brawler 2
Explosion EX 2
Crafter 2
marathon runner 1
El Diablo

and I average 7-8 kills per match (survivors) and I'm not very good at at the game at all.