Lair Gets a 4.5 from Gamespot!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts
I thought IGN's score was low, but gamespot's score is even lower. I guess the game really is garbage. Too bad cuz I was looking forward to this game.
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
Old man, but still sad news.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
I thought IGN's score was low, but gamespot's score is even lower. I guess the game really is garbage. Too bad cuz I was looking forward to this game.TraXxX
Players say otherwise
Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Ultra-Alue
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

[QUOTE="TraXxX"]I thought IGN's score was low, but gamespot's score is even lower. I guess the game really is garbage. Too bad cuz I was looking forward to this game.rogerjak
Fanboys say otherwise

Fixed for truth.

No matter how bad an exclusive game is, the fans of that console will say it's great anyway.

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="TraXxX"]I thought IGN's score was low, but gamespot's score is even lower. I guess the game really is garbage. Too bad cuz I was looking forward to this game.Ultra-Alue

Fanboys say otherwise

Fixed for truth.

No matter how bad an exclusive game is, the fans of that console will say it's great anyway.

Gah! yeh. I just hope the GS review of Heavenly Sword is decent so I can justify buying it to myself.

Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 Vojkan80001
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="TraXxX"]I thought IGN's score was low, but gamespot's score is even lower. I guess the game really is garbage. Too bad cuz I was looking forward to this game.Ultra-Alue

Fanboys say otherwise

Fixed for truth.

Exactly! Why is it so hard to accept that game is overall bad? Not every exclusive can be GREAT, it is a logical thing. Especially with new IPs, you never know what you are going to get, since more or less every new ip is unproven horse before the race, you dont know what to expect.

LAIR is bad, hopefully it will sell in decent numbers so that they can make another one and correct their STUBBORN mistakes.

Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ultra-Alue

LAIR is bad, hopefully it will sell in decent numbers so that they can make another one and correct their STUBBORN mistakes.

Vojkan80001

No no, absolutely not. That will just show Factor 5 that they can get away without putting much effort into a game. And the public will eat it up anyway. I really hope Ps3 owners are smarter then that.

If anything, they need to make another Rogue Squadron game and actually do it right.

_DeatH-MetaL_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 _DeatH-MetaL_
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts
no ive played it and i am disappointed it deserved it from the start. i never hyped it and knew it was gna get below a 5 i am a strong PS3 supporter but ther was absolutely no reason to hype this game at all apart from the graphics. now not only do we get a massive flop but we also get lemmings and sheep flaming now. dont hype a game unless you are sure its good. (like me i hyped warhawk for an 8.0 and it exceeded) and i might be the only one here that agrees with that review but it deserved what it got
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Fanboys say otherwise

Fixed for truth.

pretty true

Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vojkan80001

no ive played it and i am disappointed it deserved it from the start. i never hyped it and knew it was gna get below a 5 i am a strong PS3 supporter but ther was absolutely no reason to hype this game at all apart from the graphics. now not only do we get a massive flop but we also get lemmings and sheep flaming now. dont hype a game unless you are sure its good. (like me i hyped warhawk for an 8.0 and it exceeded) and i might be the only one here that agrees with that review but it deserved what it got_DeatH-MetaL_

Its not like it got bad reviews from one or two sites, but it got from MANY! To name just a few big ones. 1 UP, IGN, GameSpot and if you belive that all of them are fanboys that hate Sony, than you have some issues!

I agree with you that P lemmings and sheeps will be flaming a lot in future but you can always mention Blue Dragon, they hyped that game to be AAA and we see how lame it turned.

Makavelimajid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Makavelimajid
Member since 2005 • 51 Posts
ferry corsten rulles
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts
[QUOTE="Ultra-Alue"]

[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="TraXxX"]I thought IGN's score was low, but gamespot's score is even lower. I guess the game really is garbage. Too bad cuz I was looking forward to this game.Vojkan80001

Fanboys say otherwise

Fixed for truth.

Exactly! Why is it so hard to accept that game is overall bad? Not every exclusive can be GREAT, it is a logical thing. Especially with new IPs, you never know what you are going to get, since more or less every new ip is unproven horse before the race, you dont know what to expect.

yeah how dare people enjoy a game that others do not! they must conform to everyone else's opinions or else! especially gamers who have never played the game and formed their own opinion!
[QUOTE="Vojkan80001"]

Ultra-Alue

No no, absolutely not. That will just show Factor 5 that they can get away without putting much effort into a game. And the public will eat it up anyway. I really hope Ps3 owners are smarter then that.

If anything, they need to make another Rogue Squadron game and actually do it right.

Especially ones talking about intelligence that use the wrong "than" in the exact same sentence :P (just screwing with you on that one lol but it caught my eye)
Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ultra-Alue
[QUOTE="Vojkan80001"][QUOTE="Ultra-Alue"]

[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="TraXxX"]I thought IGN's score was low, but gamespot's score is even lower. I guess the game really is garbage. Too bad cuz I was looking forward to this game.longhorn7

Fanboys say otherwise

Fixed for truth.

yeah how dare people enjoy a game that others do not! they must conform to everyone else's opinions or else! especially gamers who have never played the game and formed their own opinion!
[QUOTE="Vojkan80001"]

Ultra-Alue

Especially ones talking about intelligence that use the wrong "than" in the exact same sentence :P (just screwing with you on that one lol but it caught my eye)

Whoops, I didn't notice that.

longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 longhorn7
And as for the fanboys only like this game statement if you look at the user reviews 14 out of 16 of them are 7 and above while 12 are 8 and above. you guys maybe shouldnt be so harsh on people who like the game. I am picking it up tomorrow since I am pretty good with motorstorm and warhawks motion controls and it looks interesting to my tastes, and it seems as though a lot of people agree. Really i think it comes down to whether or not you like to use motion controls.
AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts

Old man, but still sad news.gp19

i agree but I will still buy the game cuz its something different then a FPS

Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vojkan80001
Just noticed that gamespot gave 7.0 to Two Worlds, that is very unfair in my mind. Maybe Lair deserves 4.5 but Two Worlds definitely doesnt deserve 7.0 That game is full of bugs, framerate drop...overall very bad game. I remember few days ago seeing that some site gave it 3/10
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 longhorn7
Just noticed that gamespot gave 7.0 to Two Worlds, that is very unfair in my mind. Maybe Lair deserves 4.5 but Two Worlds definitely doesnt deserve 7.0 That game is full of bugs, framerate drop...overall very bad game. I remember few days ago seeing that some site gave it 3/10Vojkan80001
whil i do not suscribe to the notion of "teh bias!" sometimes it seems like some of the fanboys are on to something, no?
_DeatH-MetaL_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _DeatH-MetaL_
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

[QUOTE="_DeatH-MetaL_"]no ive played it and i am disappointed it deserved it from the start. i never hyped it and knew it was gna get below a 5 i am a strong PS3 supporter but ther was absolutely no reason to hype this game at all apart from the graphics. now not only do we get a massive flop but we also get lemmings and sheep flaming now. dont hype a game unless you are sure its good. (like me i hyped warhawk for an 8.0 and it exceeded) and i might be the only one here that agrees with that review but it deserved what it gotVojkan80001

Its not like it got bad reviews from one or two sites, but it got from MANY! To name just a few big ones. 1 UP, IGN, GameSpot and if you belive that all of them are fanboys that hate Sony, than you have some issues!

I agree with you that P lemmings and sheeps will be flaming a lot in future but you can always mention Blue Dragon, they hyped that game to be AAA and we see how lame it turned.

LOL i said it got the rating it deserved lair sux. ive played at friends house and normally when i play games at another persons house for about an hour or so i dnt find the bad stuff bout it so i find most of em gd till i play it LOL but lair i just cant say anything nice about it apart from the graphics or the bit where u get on the ground andtorch the soldiers that i admit was fun

:lol: bout the blue dragon thing but they can always defeat us by mentionin lair agin. i think it was hyped AAA i dunno ive forgotten.and for sheep u can mention metroid but it wasnt that big of a flop.

longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 longhorn7

yup i just averaged out all of the actual user reviews and the average review score is 7.25. note that i said reviews. I really wish they would make it to where you cannot score a game unless you write a review. it would be much more accurate in these days of rabid fanboys who will go to another systems games and score tem all as 1's. also i wouldnt hav had to just do math. damnit. :lol:

but yeah it seems that the users disagree with the score it was given so far. not stellar by any means but it seems as though according to the people it doesnt deserve a 4.5

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
i knew this would happen, sony please dump the stupid motion control idea, it doesnt work and its jsut gonna make games suck
TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts
ferry corsten rullesMakavelimajid
What has he got to do with Lair? :) But yeah, he's kinda okay.
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

Fanboys say otherwise

Fixed for truth.

quite true.. Pretty dissapointed in teh game nonetheless but since I was never looking forward too it to the point that I was going to buy it on launch.. (not a big flight sime fan)

Oh btw you've got a new avatar .. Now I need to memorize that one for all of my cynical ps3 opinions :)

creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts
so how many people that posted in this thread have actually played the game?
GDrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 GDrey
Member since 2002 • 932 Posts
[QUOTE="Vojkan80001"]

Ultra-Alue

I doubt they didn't work hard on their game....it just didn't turn up right. Factor 5 is far from lazy and unpassionate.
TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
I'll probably rent this game then make my own opinion on it, I liked Enchanted Arms and look what kind of rating that got.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
I still really like what i've seen from this game, it was all rented out at my local gameshop but imma have to see what all the bashing is about, i don't trust any review sites anymore.
Tuvac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tuvac
Member since 2007 • 222 Posts

I'm really dissapointed that every time someone discusses any positive views on Lair, they get shouted down and accused of being fanboys in denial. People like games you don't like. I grew up in the NES era. I LOVED 99% of the games I played, I had very few defined tastes and standards in games. I didn't look at them with a critical eye at all, I just played. If I kept playing it was good, if I had no desire to keep playing, it sucked. One of my favorite N64 games was Doom 64, it got a 4 something here as well, I wasn't even online when that review went up, but had i read it, I doubt it would have changed my mind at all.

What I'm saying is, let's give people the benefit of the doubt. With VERY few games is their any kind of universal fact of low quality (Big Rigs is just broken, that's a fact) that can mandate no one will enjoy it, and absolutely no games where their is a universal fact that assures you will enjoy it. (I've played quite a few 9+ rated games that I hated and failed to see the hype for) People are accusing fans of the game of being in denial, when it seems to me that the people making these accusations and attempting to force the critical opinions of the game on others are the ones in denial. Guys, it doesn't harm you in anyway for people to like Lair, nor does it undermine your precious reviewers and the petty justification and validation they give you for your so called "AAA" games you spend more time bragging about on the internet than actually playing. Different folks, have different strokes. Grow up.

That said, I passed on Lair because I tend to dislike all motion based gaming, and it's mandatory in Lair. I'm glad a few peole have found it enjoyable though, I'd hate for them to waste $60 on a game they ended up not liking. It takes a large amount of ASSumptious and elitist snobbery to look down on them and say they are lying, and the people doing it should be ashamed of themselves.

cadahnic1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cadahnic1
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts
Once I learned the controls, Lair was not a horrid game. The story was soft, but there were some cool elements to it. Hell Factor 5 already said they were not into making a game like Lair, so the hype over it was not justified. Well other than the graphics which are beautiful. I would give the game a 6 or so because it is average nothing horid, but has an extremely high learning curve.
Chief9088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chief9088
Member since 2006 • 441 Posts
I actualy enjoy playing lair and when you fully understand the controls the games fun factor practicaly quadruples. Although that is just my opinion. I must admit though , factor 5 should have included the analog sticks as a control option, even if you had to unlock them after beating the game the first time through using only the sixaxis. LOL sorry just a random idea on how they could have shown off the sixaxis without alienating half the gaming fanbase with sixaxis exclusive controls.
sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
god i hate it when pople get all excited when they post old news- they're like proud of themselves but makes them look stupid.