Kingdom Hearts HD Collection Might be Coming, is Better Than you can Imagine

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Oh... my... God.

Kingdom Hearts HD Collection Might be Coming, is Better Than you can Imagine

I'd love to say don't get your hopes up, but when you hear something like this there's just no keeping them in check.

Before you continue reading this rumour post, ask yourself something: what could be the absolutely most awesome thing Square Enix could do whilst releasing a HD bundle of all the already released games? If you came anywhere even close to what they might actually be doing, usually you'd be wrong.

According to a source who apparently revealed the existence of Castlevania: Lord of Shadows II before it was practically officially confirmed, Kingdom Hearts Remembrance (or HD Remix) is the bundling together of Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep in a single collection, to be available on PlayStation 3, Wii U and Vita.

But pick up your chin, dear reader, because there's more. Not only will these fantastic titles be available in one collection, but 358/2 Days will be re-rendered in the engine for Birth By Sleep and new quests will be added throughout the series to tie things up more effectively.

And all this is supposed to be announced next week at E3, presumably at either the PlayStation or Nintendo conference. File this one in the "that's how you do a HD collection guys" column and hope that at least some of this turns out to be true. Will it? We only have to wait five days to find out.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/7090/article/kingdom-hearts-hd-coll ection-might-be-coming-is-better-than-you-can-imagine/

Could be false but if true... wow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Unless they completey redid the graphics of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days.. I don't see how you could make that game look good in HD... It looks like a PS1 game. I'm calling fake on this one.. That collection seems far too generous to be made SE. :P But if it is real I'd want them to be final mix versions of KH1 and KH2.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

That would be very awesome in fact. Though I'd imagine the price would be 60 bucks instead of the usual 40 haha. Still, if this is SE's surprise then I am kinda disappointed, I'm still hoping for some Versus info.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

that sounds pretty awesome except the fact i've beaten all those games already (but should i buy them again?)

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
I'd definitely pick this up. I did everything in KH2 and just about everything in KH1. Would be a good collection if it turns out to be true.
slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

Wow that would be pretty awesome. I'll be picking it up if true.

mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

Not getting my hopes up until officially confirmed.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

Not getting my hopes up until officially confirmed.

mikeyMKII
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
I'm Guessing it will be announced at the Sony conference and then mentioned again during Nintendo's, but I still believe it will be released in two packages to the likes of the GOW HD collections, I do hope this rumor is true, I never had a PSP, so I never played BBS, and really want to, and any god they are changing days a bit, hopefully they manage to revamp the visuals a great deal too, otherwise I may just skip it, if this turns out to be real, it is the worst of KH games.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I really don't know if they'd actually do the PSP and DS ones but I can't wait for an HD collection. A friend and I were just remembering how much we loved those games.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

It sounds awesome......buuuuuut....very unlikely. I'll wait until E3 hits & see if anything Kingdom Hearts related is mentioned.

darktx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darktx2005
Member since 2009 • 396 Posts
If true I'm in. Ive always wanted to play the KH games but never got around to it. Please please please be true.
IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts
Really, really, really awesome if true. But I'd be happy with just the PS2 games.
Roxas658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Roxas658
Member since 2012 • 111 Posts
I really don't think they'd put all those games on one disk. It would be awesome but not getting my hopes up until confirmed.
SlykReviewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 SlykReviewin
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts
I swear if this turns out to be true, I would not have to buy a new PS2 and 60 bucks to buy the 3 KH games onn it. I would, but I would just love to acquire a complete remastered edition of the games so I can finally experience all of them since I've always wanted to.
GHO5T-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GHO5T-
Member since 2011 • 419 Posts
I've only played the first Kingdom Hearts so if this does release and I hope it does, it's a day one purchase.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
That many games on one disk? ...I highly doubt it. But would buy if it does happen
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Hopefully Kingdom Hearts collection will surface before the end of this generation.

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

If this does happen it will be two different collections God Of War Collection & God Of War Origins style or it will be two disc one containing the PS2 games and one with the handheld games.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

awesome...definite pick up

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#21 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9178 Posts

Nice idea, but why does it say Wii U? I thought the series has been Playstaton exclusive for both KH and KH II

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DrRockso87

Nice idea, but why does it say Wii U? I thought the series has been Playstaton exclusive for both KH and KH II

benleslie5

Kingdom Hearts games have been released on Nintendo systems (predominately just handhelds) since the release of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on the Gameboy Advance in 2004 followed by new installments on Nintendo DS and now 3DS, etc.

If you mean why would these two PlayStation 2 exclusives head multiplat, just look at the Devil May Cry trilogy on the PS2. The HD collection is now multiplat on the PS3 and 360. Square-Enix is a third-party developer so they'll try to maximize revenue as much as they can by releasing games multiplat.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

I'd get it for the handheld titles. :)

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

[QUOTE="benleslie5"]

DrRockso87

Kingdom Hearts games have been released on Nintendo systems (predominately just handhelds) since the release of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on the Gameboy Advance in 2004 followed by new installments on Nintendo DS and now 3DS, etc.

If you mean why would these two PlayStation 2 exclusives head multiplat, just look at the Devil May Cry trilogy on the PS2. The HD collection is now multiplat on the PS3 and 360. Square-Enix is a third-party developer so they'll try to maximize revenue as much as they can by releasing games multiplat.

Exactly. If this proves true, then it would probably be to try and unify the fanbase so they could play all of the games that hit the important parts of the story, especially when you consider that many only played the numbered console titles. If they didn't bother with the other games, they'll have no idea why Castle Oblivion is so important, who Xion is, or anything in Birth By Sleep, which was meant to be a numbered title before they put it on PSP. Similarly, if you only owned Nintendo systems, you've got parts of the story that will be important later but missed the main tales. I hope this is real, but more importantly, that they use the Final Mix versions as the base. If they don't, then there's no reason for this to even exist.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

I'm imagining Kingdom Hearts 3.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I might get it. Please be a bit creative with the trophies.

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

For some reason I only see these games having generic trophies beat this boss unlock that world possibly a glide this many seconds trophy.

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

This sounds great. I REALLY want to be able to play it with the MOVE controller. THAT would make it worth it to me. Have tight controles so its not just waving your arm around.

I would also like to see it use 3D.

Remake the games so the Graphics are not just upgraded but new graphics engine a new FF engine or quantic Dream engine, basicly a great engine.

MegaMatt91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MegaMatt91
Member since 2011 • 462 Posts
Id definately get it because the only one I played was KH2, because KH1 was so hard to find.
halo2_4_pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 halo2_4_pc
Member since 2005 • 1561 Posts

I'd definitely pick this up Day 1! Hopefully if this is true all of the games will be the Final Mix versions.

UKINGDOMHEARTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 UKINGDOMHEARTS
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I dont think all the games will come on 1 disk i think it will be a box with the games, i think it will be around 153.72 dollars, i think this because come on its a lot of games what do you expect, but no matter i am still going to buy it ( if it comes out )
E3Abe09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 E3Abe09
Member since 2009 • 129 Posts

If this is true whats the need to play any other games they have the best right in the collection

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#33 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
This better be true dammit, only HD Collection I really want.
Avatar image for ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ThePhantomGamer
Member since 2005 • 1816 Posts

If that's true, I'm getting it for sure.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DrRockso87

I dont think all the games will come on 1 disk i think it will be a box with the games, i think it will be around 153.72 dollars, i think this because come on its a lot of games what do you expect, but no matter i am still going to buy it ( if it comes out )UKINGDOMHEARTS

Nah. If true then my guess would be $60+ at most. Most HD collections that release with either two or three games release for $40 (Metal Gear Solid HD Collection being an exception due to how recent Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker released).

I'll admit I'm skeptical that they would add five games but who knows. Maybe it'll come true. Hopefully we hear this collection announced at either Sony or Nintendo's press conference.