killzone power freezing your ps3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

omg killzone2 is so overwhelming that my ps3 cant handle it!!!

jk, in topic, well i have a ps3 80gb (the model without BC :cry: )and i have killzone2 since 4 days ago, tbh ive been playing a lot, almost the whole day, already discharged 4 controllers, and well the 4th day my ps3 have freezed like 3 times, always when im online, i touched the back of her and asked if she was hot, daam i bet i can fry an egg there, well not an egg but at least warm my hand.

idk if this has been happening to other ps3/killzone2 owners, i already updated the game to 1.20 and this keeps happening, i let her rest since yesterday and ill see today if she is in mood.

thanks for your opinions and feedback

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
[QUOTE="TIGERLIONX"]

jk, in topic, well i have a ps3 80gb (the model without BC :cry: )and i have killzone2 since 4 days ago, tbh ive been playing a lot, almost the whole day, already discharged 4 controllers, and well the 4th day my ps3 have freezed like 3 times, always when im online, i touched the back of her and asked if she was hot, daam i bet i can fry an egg there, well not an egg but at least warm my hand.

idk if this has been happening to other ps3/killzone2 owners, i already updated the game to 1.20 and this keeps happening, i let her rest since yesterday and ill see today if she is in mood.

dang should i not be feeling horny after reading your post
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
its happening to everyone man, my game froze 2 times online within the same hour. I hear it has something to do with the badge system, their is a bug in some of them, who knows though. and the ps3 getting is nothing new man, its suppose to happen, but not to the point where you should hear the fan going crazy like mine does in the summer time lol.
ayyash1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 ayyash1991
Member since 2008 • 280 Posts

it happen also to me many time while playing kz2

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TIGERLIONX
looool bsman well i thought it was only me, i were thinking omg no YLOD plz noo god, but i hope is something related to a bug in the game and not with my ps3, the strange thing is that this didnt happened the frist few days, and yesterday started to freeze, maybe because i was getting more badges or something?
smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

It's not happened to me yet, it's probably bound to happen at least once if you play it for long periods of time.

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TIGERLIONX

It's not happened to me yet, it's probably bound to happen at least once if you play it for long periods of time.

smithster118

i played it for a loong period of time since i got it, i think is that (i hope not) or the badges bug, ill try with the killzone site forums, but if you ppl have experienced this, plz write the circunstances of when that happened, when earned a badge, the syncing clinets screen, online match, etc. thanks to everyone

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

[QUOTE="smithster118"]

TIGERLIONX

i played it for a loong period of time since i got it, i think is that (i hope not) or the badges bug, ill try with the killzone site forums, but if you ppl have experienced this, plz write the circunstances of when that happened, when earned a badge, the syncing clinets screen, online match, etc. thanks to everyone

Well I don't think Killzone is the problem, I think it's just random. It hasn't happened to me on Killzone yet, but it has happened to me on other games.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

has not frozen for me at all.. so it is not happening to everyone..

MasonAaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MasonAaron
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

Mine never frooze, I think you just playing it too long, remeber you should give ur ps3 at least 15-20 min rest every 3 hours

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TIGERLIONX

Mine never frooze, I think you just playing it too long, remeber you should give ur ps3 at least 15-20 min rest every 3 hours

MasonAaron

:shock: oops no rest in like 10 hours, that could be the problem? :?

MasonAaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MasonAaron
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

yeah thats the problem!!!

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

My 3 PS3s perform flawlessly always have. Maybe you need to clean your KZ 2 disc if it's freezing.

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TIGERLIONX

My 3 PS3s perform flawlessly always have. Maybe you need to clean your KZ 2 disc if it's freezing.

patriots7672

the disc is clean, i think is the loooong period of time playing or some bug, im watching the killzone forums if i found something related to this

Haze-and-Ses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Haze-and-Ses
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts
my blu ray laser died the day after i got killzone, i played it most the day basically, next morning ps3 wont read any discs... and the warranty just finished
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
its happening to everyone man, my game froze 2 times online within the same hour. I hear it has something to do with the badge system, their is a bug in some of them, who knows though. and the ps3 getting is nothing new man, its suppose to happen, but not to the point where you should hear the fan going crazy like mine does in the summer time lol. SiKh22
oohh... that reminds me. I have to get a mini fan for my ps3 since summer is approaching.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No it hasn't happened to me yet.

zouhou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18 zouhou
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

I think it freezes when u play with 32 people i played a body count with 16 people an it ran fine i tryed 32 twice and the game kept freezing. also when your ps3 freezes always turn it off from the front never the back

Meemtyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Meemtyke
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
Nothing here
TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TIGERLIONX

I think it freezes when u play with 32 people i played a body count with 16 people an it ran fine i tryed 32 twice and the game kept freezing. also when your ps3 freezes always turn it off from the front never the back

zouhou

lol i would never dare to turn off from the back, that would mess up the machine for sure

and ive played a few 32 ppl matches, even one with 33 :D and havent froze it

it happened like 3 times, one in the syncing players screen, the other when i was choosing a song in the XMB and then came back to the game, the other one just after finished a match.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

funny it never happened to me, yet almost every other game i played it happened, seems like it will happen to me soon

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

i have not had the ps3 freeze while playing but one time when i cut the game off and went back to the XMB it beeped a few times at me and turned off my controler. then when i went to eject the disk i had to press hard on the eject pad a couple of times before the game would eject. first time thats happend. worked fine after that though.

rollercolster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rollercolster
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts

yeah its froze on me once while playing online, but there was alot happening at the time like grenades going off and people flying everywhere lol so i just put it down to that. Its never happend since though :D

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TIGERLIONX

yeah its froze on me once while playing online, but there was alot happening at the time like grenades going off and people flying everywhere lol so i just put it down to that. Its never happend since though :D

rollercolster

jajaja yeah sometimes is happening a lot of stuff in the game, ppl flying everywere, grnades, explosions, helmets flying, turrets, air support, lol

but mine havent freezed in the middle of all that action

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

smithster118
yea same here, i played 8hrs straight max, but not more. but i never experienced anythin like that so far
slipknot44144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 slipknot44144
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

I have never had that problem. The game runs great. and I love the game solid 10/10.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

COD4 is the only game that makes my PS3 run hot. Every other game is fine.

Solid_Cipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Solid_Cipher
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts

[QUOTE="TIGERLIONX"]

bsman00

dang should i not be feeling horny after reading your post

Lol?

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Never had any freezing problems with Killzone. I even play for long periods of time in the SP but I've only gone close to 2 hours online.

Solid_Cipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Solid_Cipher
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
Mines froze about 2 times since day one of KZ2. Although it seems Im not the only one experiencing this issue...
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

is this just when you play online or playing the game

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

mine froze 1 time in sp campaign ( 6 straight hours ), and 1 time online but i think it happened because my router is not working properly so i got disconnected and thats why it froze i think

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It actually froze once on me today for the first time. And the 1.20 patch came out yesterday.
Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
It happens, I heard its a bug.
brian6751

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 brian6751
Member since 2003 • 2993 Posts
I noticed yesterday that the fans were running at afterburner level while I was on the last level. Only happens when the action gets REAL crazy and I was storm'n in the palace entrance for a while.
L33T_TI200P3I2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 L33T_TI200P3I2
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts

Havn't you answered your own question, you're playing on your PS3 too long lol. I have never had a problem with my PS3 except when I play Fifa 09 and on the loading screen it freezes, but no other problems. I play my80GB PS3 for a max of 5 hours at one time.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

LOL the freezing has never happened to me. I have had the game for a week now and its never happend also I have been playing to game all day today (since 8:40 this morning to be exact) and nothing has happened to me durring the online or the PS3 overall. I really dont think there is a bug in the game or a glich in the badge system.

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts

Yep. My PS3 freezes and it also kicks me out of games saying that I have been disconnected. It has never done that before. It's starting to annoy me.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

The Only Time Killzone 2Froze On Me Was When My Friend Kept Messaging Me And I Was Online To...After That Happen I Felt Like To Smack Him Though The Phone,After I Called Him And Told What Happen...After That It Never Froze On Me Yet....