Killzone 2 Story *WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Temps567
Member since 2007 • 663 Posts

I just completed Killzone 2's story on Elite mode for the first time (yes. I completed the story mode, which I never beat before, for the first time on Elite mode (I like challenges and that was a HELL of a challenge, especially trying to defeat Radec.). Alot of reviewers said that the story wasn't really impressive but to me, I felt that it was pretty deep. Especially after Templar got killed (I felt for him even though I hated him in KZ1). The ending made me feel like Sev and Rico were in some deep $%&*. I wanted to know who else felt like this about the story?

killakomando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 killakomando
Member since 2006 • 242 Posts

The thing that pulled the story for me was Sev's reactions, from Garza's departure to Visari's death, I dont know why i just like the way he sat on the step knowing what was to come.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
Yeah i thought the story was better than alot of reviewers gave it credit aswell. i mean it was a JRPG but it was pretty damn good for an FPS..
Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Temps567
Yeah i thought the story was better than alot of reviewers gave it credit aswell. i mean it was a JRPG but it was pretty damn good for an FPS..PoisoN_Facecam0
JRPG????
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

It kinda fit their whole macho attitude i thought. The only things you really experience in a macho war film is a death of a buddy and the hero feeling sad about it. It's funny how they strip away all satisfaction of beating the game with the ending though. Haha after you see all the ships and sev sits down you're like "AWWW F####!!!"

Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Temps567

The thing that pulled the story for me was Sev's reactions, from Garza's departure to Visari's death, I dont know why i just like the way he sat on the step knowing what was to come.

killakomando
wait, wait. This means there may be a sequel. Since Rico killed Visari and Visari kept sayin bull$^&* about the Helghast "will"... and... when Sev went outside and saw all those Helghast ships... and... this may lead to another leader that needs to be killed. Either that or the planet has been overrun by monkeys in Darth Vader costumes.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]Yeah i thought the story was better than alot of reviewers gave it credit aswell. i mean it was a JRPG but it was pretty damn good for an FPS..Temps567
JRPG????

oops. meant *wasn't a JRPG* in terms of story..
Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Temps567
[QUOTE="Temps567"][QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]Yeah i thought the story was better than alot of reviewers gave it credit aswell. i mean it was a JRPG but it was pretty damn good for an FPS..PoisoN_Facecam0
JRPG????

oops. meant *wasn't a JRPG* in terms of story..

ooooo ok. now i understand
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts
the story was fine. reviewers just like to moan...
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

i'm really sorry to be the odd ball out, i never got to this point in the story, and don't worry i don't really care.

I never cared for the setting of Killzone, but i did give Killzone 2 a try, and i.just.could.not. 'go' with it, right after you've saved your squadmates and are heading back into the fight. i just could not care less about the story.

I cannot diss games like Killzone or Halo, neither of which i could get into, i thought Halo's story was solid though, but where Killzone 2 and Halo 3 win big in is the multiplayer and if i couldn't get into the setting and story of the game then it wasn't my cup of tea. i definently will say that it is a great game, Killzone 2 did have some killer graphics (but you can't carry a game purely on that one thing), and some great cover mechanics.

For whatever reason, Halo, Gears of War, and Resistance are much more up my alley and had a far more alluring story to em' (for shooters) then Killzone was.

i eventually sold it (bought it new so i did support Sony somewhat) for $50 bucks to a guy who was a big fan (someone who'll really appreciated it) and picked up myself Resistance 2 new.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

It's not Shakespeare, but I think reviewers don't give it enough credit.

wenzke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 wenzke
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts

The story is actually decent, the delivery and pacing could use some work. I mean, everything important or pivitol happens in the last 3-4 missions, all of which are pretty short. The first couple of missions are without any real push to go forward, and I really didn't feel any connection to the characters. Therefore, when Garza died, it wasn't actually very moving, but it did give some color to the other characters. Now Templar dying, as well as the way Visari died were pretty cool. Not only did this establish a sequal, but it also played off the themes about war, and the how man's rage creates more problems. These events and they way they were handled booste the story for me, but I wished the first 5 acts didn't just feel like filler.

jon_cia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jon_cia
Member since 2004 • 680 Posts

I just completed Killzone 2's story on Elite mode for the first time (yes. I completed the story mode, which I never beat before, for the first time on Elite mode (I like challenges and that was a HELL of a challenge, especially trying to defeat Radec.). Alot of reviewers said that the story wasn't really impressive but to me, I felt that it was pretty deep. Especially after Templar got killed (I felt for him even though I hated him in KZ1). The ending made me feel like Sev and Rico were in some deep $%&*. I wanted to know who else felt like this about the story?

Temps567

im sorry but you cant have finished the story mode for the first time on elite as you cannot select the elite difficulty until you have completed the game on a lower difficulty. Maybee you did it on veteran? (3rd difficulty out of 4)

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="Temps567"]

jon_cia

im sorry but you cant have finished the story mode for the first time on elite as you cannot select the elite difficulty until you have completed the game on a lower difficulty. Maybee you did it on veteran? (3rd difficulty out of 4)

That's exactly what I was thinking.

TC, the 'Elite' difficulty is unlockable after your first playthrough so there's no way you beat the game on 'Elite' first.

ElGreco88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ElGreco88
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts

[QUOTE="Temps567"]

jon_cia

That's exactly what I thought too.How come you played Elite when you haven't even unlocked it yet?

mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

I would like to see a movie or even better trilogy.

The_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 The_Solid
Member since 2008 • 1500 Posts
I liked how Sev just sat there. He must have been thinking"we're screwed" Rico must have been thinking"I'd have capped dat visari good,now to go home and become the next Jan Templar"
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

Temps567
Personally I didn't think the story was that good, but it isn't horrible for an FPS. The story that progressed the game was "alright" at best and for whatever reason I never really got attached to any of the characters, including Sev. I did think the ending was good though and it does a great job of setting up KZ3.
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
i loved it.
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

The story is ok nothing mind blowing.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

KZ2's story plot was good and to the point, it had no twists that would make you go "wtf??" or anything like that. The objective was simply to capture Visari in Helghan, of course there are some small suprises (Templar getting killed was unexcpected for me at least), but nothing complexed. Though when Rico killed Visari, everyone who saw the ending knows right away that there will definetly be a Killzone 3, no question. Now I kinda forgot the exact quote, but Visari mentioned before dying, that, "The maddness... Begins" and you see that Sev walk out and sits down in that "oh #@%# now we are #!%@3d" look on the stairs as the Helghan ships fly above. This war ain't over by a long shot, especially now that their leader is dead.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

Haha I can imagine Rush Limbaugh as the new Helghast leader...He is one creepy mofo.

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

the story was good to me...i think there will be a killzone 3

Meemtyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Meemtyke
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
The story was pretty good. Nothing new, but it works. The last scene was so nice.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
It'd be automaticallyh 10x better if they didn't have a dumbass ape as your squad leader.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

I liked how Sev just sat there. He must have been thinking"we're screwed" Rico must have been thinking"I'd have capped dat visari good,now to go home and become the next Jan Templar"The_Solid

LMFAO that made me laugh so much lmao. Rico is a big idiot man, I really hated this character by the end. He made so many stupid decisions I don't see how someone like that could be considered a leader...Even at the beginning on the New Sun when he introduces you to Evelynn, during Rico's convo with her (if you stay and pay attention) Evelynn says they need visari alive and taken prisoner no matter what. And of course Rico the retard goes and does the dumbest thing possible.