Killzone 2 is great but the A.I is crap (spoilers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

I first play through was on hard and the computers were almost helpful but now that I'm playing on elite on the last level they are crap. More specificly Rico, he isn't even a bullet shield.

True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
No, you haven't played KillZone 2 if you think the A.I is crap...confirmitiiive
True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
Oh, thought you were talking about the helghast lol
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 imthebest6

I first play through was on hard and the computers were almost helpful but now that I'm playing on elite on the last level they are crap. More specificly Rico, he isn't even a bullet shield.

imthebest6

Sory I wasn't done posting. On the last level there are so many higs sent at you and I just want Rico to take out the few guys that come from the let balcony while I kill EVERYONE ELSE.I know there trying to make the game challenging but theres a difference between challenging and plain stupid.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
the enemy a.i. is decent the team A.I. is horrible though and makes things much more difficult then it has to be and annoying specially since they repeat the same 2 lines over and over again.
gamer26690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamer26690
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts
killzone 2 suffers from what most games suffer from good enemy ai but poor friendly ai *glares at dom sheva rico etc*
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 imthebest6

the enemy a.i. is decent the team A.I. is horrible though and makes things much more difficult then it has to be and annoying specially since they repeat the same 2 lines over and over again. clarkportmanken

Yeah I'm not questioning the enemy a.i although sometimes I think they have too good of a shot like when there shooting blindfire and can hit you from across the map. Sometimes I wonder how you die when your behind cover if the bullets don't go through walls becaue I know if i was being shot at i would not let anything hang out to get hit.

BlackMamba_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BlackMamba_24
Member since 2009 • 155 Posts

imthebest6
ok?
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 imthebest6
[QUOTE="BlackMamba_24"][QUOTE="imthebest6"]

ok?

I guess you didn't keep reading then
seannn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 seannn199
Member since 2008 • 1137 Posts

at least they(helgast) are intent on killing them(your team) as they are on killing you. because i've seen so many games like resistance 2, where enemys run right past your team and go for you and your team just sitts and watches. while in killzone 2 there attacking whoever they see , not running ast them and going for you.

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 imthebest6

at least they(helgast) are intent on killing them(your team) as they are on killing you. because i've seen so many games like resistance 2, where enemys run right past your team and go for you and your team just sitts and watches. while in killzone 2 there attacking whoever they see , not running ast them and going for you.

seannn199
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 imthebest6

Thats very true but sometimes your teamates just aren't good enough and allow a bad guy to run throughthem then hit you with his gun in your back.

Avatar image for PepitoneConQues
PepitoneConQues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PepitoneConQues
Member since 2008 • 746 Posts

Helghast AI is great

I found that up until stupid useless douche RICO during the Radec fight, the friendly AI was fine, they were good enough to get a few kills but bad enough so that you had to most of the work (which is the way it should be, youre the games hero)

joelgargan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 joelgargan
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

seannn199

True about Resistance 2, in the movie theater i had the auger out and saw like a billion guys, the team went in, killed maybe one, and the enemies all headed out the door for me.

Um i didnt think the KZ2 AI was too bad, but then again theres always occasional glitches.

Katzenbalger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Katzenbalger
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts

[QUOTE="seannn199"]

joelgargan

True about Resistance 2, in the movie theater i had the auger out and saw like a billion guys, the team went in, killed maybe one, and the enemies all headed out the door for me.

Um i didnt think the KZ2 AI was too bad, but then again theres always occasional glitches.

Same here, exactly what happened to me, only i had the shotgun i think.

As for Killzone, it's not a squad based FPS so i never thought of my AI temmates as anything other than window dressing/unwanted companionship through the campaign. It's true that you can't rely on them for much, other than to act as decoys if you're lucky, but still, as many others have said, it's the same as in pretty much every other FPS where you have a team you can't really control; they're usually useless and in the way, like in Gears, etc.

I rarely ever revived them, unless i needed to shift the Helghast attention away from me. It isn't like they can die permanently, and it isn't as though reviving them shifts the battle into your favour or anything.At least the enemy AI is good.

Also,at least it isn't like Jericho, which is a squad based FPS in which your squad is retarded, running towards exploding enemies and dying every fifteen seconds, ignoring your commands to stay back in order to run into enemies with flamethrowers and get in the way of your grenades.

ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts

The enemiy A.I is amazin, the way they take cover and move around to avoid you its so real, the team A.I is pretty good i havnt had "much" trouble wiv it

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

if the team A.I. was any better they would just kill every one for you. remember they are just there for content and to make it feel like your not alone. not to win the game for you.

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#18 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

Oh, so I guess the A.I in the Metal Gear Solid games are crap too?

.. :|

I don't reckon.

xroguekillax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xroguekillax
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

I couldn't agree more. I'm on an Elite playthrough currently, and I'm now at the **************SPOILERS********************* part on the train just after the turret sequence where you have to take out a tank. The Helghast respawn over and over, and Rico just keeps rushing in and gets cut down quickly each time. He will not lay back and shoot, he runs up and then gets swarmed by Helghast, leaving me to take them all out. I can't revive him, because when I try, I always get killed.

However, I did manage to survive long enough to pick up the VC9 and get 2 shots at the tank a couple times, but with Rico down, no one is there to lay down covering fire, so there I am defensless while reloading the VC9, and of course, I get killed shortly therafter. The friendly AI is a really big problem in Killzone 2, and it's really a big reason why I can't complete this part. It's basically me against a tank, and infinitely respawning Helghst soldiers. I can only hold them off for so long. I'm sure I'll get past this part eventually, but as of now, things aren't looking great because of the abysmal AI of the ISA squadmates.

hinkwokching

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 hinkwokching
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts

Hmm, I've spend a good few hours on the game now, as others have said, the enemy A.I. is quite impressive, especially with grenades. Friendly's A.I. seem to be not on par with that of the enemies though, an attempt to make the player to do more I guess. Rico have, in countless times, move into my line of fire, while I was standing still, shooting. (Although, on many online games, I have human teammates doing the same thing as well, so I guess it's not too bad, but com'on these are supposed to be professional soldiers.) And sometimes Rico with try to Rambo it by running into the middle of a fire-fight with his MG and get blasted into shredds, which left me to clean up his mess by saving his butt while exposing myself to the same threat which took him down.

But I like the game over-all.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

I remember gg saying they intentionally dumbed down the squad ai cause the way they had it original the squad was doing all the work. I mean how fun would the radec fight be if rico killed all the baddies before you could? In the dumbing down they did kinda go overboard I think. I felt the same way about lame rico. I hope he dies like in the first chapter of killzone 3.

Katzenbalger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Katzenbalger
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts

I remember gg saying they intentionally dumbed down the squad ai cause the way they had it original the squad was doing all the work. I mean how fun would the radec fight be if rico killed all the baddies before you could? In the dumbing down they did kinda go overboard I think. I felt the same way about lame rico. I hope he dies like in the first chapter of killzone 3.

sa10kun

If there is a Killone 3, i hope you get to shoot him to death during the tutorial at the beginning. Rico was just an unlikeable character (admittedly much like the rest of the characters, although i thought Garza was alright)

And the dumbing down of the teammate AI seems about right. Playing on normal, the teammates do a fair amount of work, sort of easing you into the harder difficulties, since when you switch to hard and elite, it's all on you. Killzone 2's campaign is forst and foremost a single player experience (hence no co-op) so having a super powerful squad would make it less fun, since you could just hide and wait for the battles to be over. Admittedly the dumb AI make certain parts harder than they needed to be, but i still thought it was fine. Besides, enemy AI is more important imo. I'd rather have retarded teammates than retarded enemies.

RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts
Killzone 2, in terms of enemy AI, in my opinion is the best Ive seen, while Rico is an idiot and a son of a B... I still love that cold hearted Mofo
fuzzyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 fuzzyking
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

Helghast AI is incredible. they move real and when you shoot at them the jump instantly for cover

Team AI are just dumb enough to make the game challenging. GG made the team ai dumb enough for you to actually kill something so. but i had no complaints since i usually do all the killing