Killzone 2 Comparison - E3 2005 VS E3 2007

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dagnelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dagnelli
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

What is your impression?

http://www.n4g.com/M/8/Images//51000/51316.jpg

GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts

Looks just as good, if not better (the real time footage)...however the E3 '05 CGI does have better fire/smoke affects, i think the blast/smoke/fire effects from the real time footage was pretty mediocre.

MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
Just the facial is lower in the new one, but everything else seems to match up to what was shown at E3 2005.
tHeFuTuReHeAd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tHeFuTuReHeAd
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
gotta say i prefer the original trailer, it was a lot brighter (the new one seems to be in the dark a lot, hope theres a nice balance), and the people looked a lot better imo (the people in the the new trailer are all oversized and look like criminals, a bit like gears of war). but it was nice to see somegameplay, and i would just like to clarify, ive got nothing against the new trailer and i still intend to buy killzone when its released.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts
I like the more gritty look from the 07 trailer, I think they really proved they could deliver a game with crazy-awesome graphics. :D
SmokenAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SmokenAshes
Member since 2005 • 1580 Posts
War is hell....how would you wanna look? Like a cute little fairy with a gun? Or a bad mofo who will make the enemy think twice about shooting that gun. I'll take the latter.
tHeFuTuReHeAd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tHeFuTuReHeAd
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts

War is hell....how would you wanna look? Like a cute little fairy with a gun? Or a bad mofo who will make the enemy think twice about shooting that gun. I'll take the latter.SmokenAshes

i just wish it didnt look like a rip off of gears of war (i am starting to wonder if thats why they changed the people, i hope its not).

BigChiefFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BigChiefFan
Member since 2005 • 113 Posts
The latest footage is awesome, IMO. The Hellghasts looked liked tough-ass brutes and the sound of propoganda blaring over the speakers really gave an eerie feeling to the game. The visuals were stunning. I don't know how anybody could be disappointed.I can't wait to buy this-it looks like a wicked FPS.
inspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 inspectre
Member since 2004 • 476 Posts
Close enough for me.
sPOON_f33dU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sPOON_f33dU
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts

the new one looks better in most areas. the old one had better fire/smoke and some environments. i'm more than satisfied.

it's only pre-alpha and what not. got a year to improve

salty500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 salty500
Member since 2004 • 205 Posts

TBH they both look very similar, not that it matters, am sure we will be very impressed with the final product and it looks at least as good as gears of war or anything else out there for that matter.

hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 hama666
Member since 2004 • 3061 Posts

Honestly the older trailer looked better, but im happy that they've managed to get pretty close enough with this trailer.

Says come good things about the PS3 too.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Supposedly what was shown this E3 is still pre-pre-alpha. Lots of polish on the way.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#14 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

War is hell....how would you wanna look? Like a cute little fairy with a gun? Or a bad mofo who will make the enemy think twice about shooting that gun. I'll take the latter.SmokenAshes

Let me take a moment to laugh at this.........

Done...Now on to my reply to this...

ROTFL! XD

GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
The old trailer looks superior but the level design is a lot better in the new trailer. Also I don't like the obsessively dark and gritty look of the new trailer. This is certainly the best looking console game currently shown (wish we could see some more FF13).
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 -oG-ShAdY
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts

[QUOTE="SmokenAshes"]War is hell....how would you wanna look? Like a cute little fairy with a gun? Or a bad mofo who will make the enemy think twice about shooting that gun. I'll take the latter.tHeFuTuReHeAd

i just wish it didnt look like a rip off of gears of war (i am starting to wonder if thats why they changed the people, i hope its not).

Please... please... just stop with all the Gears comparisons. They are all completely made up. Killzone is and will never be like Gears of War. The guys are small compared to the people in Gears. Also, Gears wasn't the first game that had big brutes of men; anyone remember Unreal (same people made it). I do think that there is a lot in the new trailer that looks better than the old. I really prefer the new one when it comes to the look of the weapons, character interactions, helghast movement and look and also the (closer to Killzone 1 style) eerie feel. BTW. Even though I just did it. I think that comparing the old CGI trailer to the new in-game trailer is stupid. Which do you think, really, is going to look better 9/10 times? CGI, exactly.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#17 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
[QUOTE="tHeFuTuReHeAd"]

[QUOTE="SmokenAshes"]War is hell....how would you wanna look? Like a cute little fairy with a gun? Or a bad mofo who will make the enemy think twice about shooting that gun. I'll take the latter.-oG-ShAdY

Please... please... just stop with all the Gears comparisons. They are all completely made up. Killzone is and will never be like Gears of War. The guys are small compared to the people in Gears. Also, Gears wasn't the first game that had big brutes of men; anyone remember Unreal (same people made it). I do think that there is a lot in the new trailer that looks better than the old. I really prefer the new one when it comes to the look of the weapons, character interactions, helghast movement and look and also the (closer to Killzone 1 style) eerie feel. BTW. Even though I just did it. I think that comparing the old CGI trailer to the new in-game trailer is stupid. Which do you think, really, is going to look better 9/10 times? CGI, exactly.

You know what?

...Your sig saddens me.:(

jk, but that's still fluffed up!

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

tHeFuTuReHeAd

KZ had the same art direction. That came out quite some time ago.

bballboy986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bballboy986
Member since 2003 • 272 Posts

The old trailer looks superior but the level design is a lot better in the new trailer. Also I don't like the obsessively dark and gritty look of the new trailer. This is certainly the best looking console game currently shown (wish we could see some more FF13).GIJames248

Why does everyone keep comparing the graphics... graphics were never the problem with Killzone. If this game is going to live up to the hype, its got to improve the gameplay and AI, which SUCKED in Killzone 1. It takes more than just a pretty face to be a killer app.

-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -oG-ShAdY

[QUOTE="GIJames248"]The old trailer looks superior but the level design is a lot better in the new trailer. Also I don't like the obsessively dark and gritty look of the new trailer. This is certainly the best looking console game currently shown (wish we could see some more FF13).bballboy986

Why does everyone keep comparing the graphics... graphics were never the problem with Killzone. If this game is going to live up to the hype, its got to improve the gameplay and AI, which SUCKED in Killzone 1. It takes more than just a pretty face to be a killer app.

I'm going to add to the list of things that needed to be improved.

Hit-detection, voice sound (repetitive), environments, gameplay modes (they were all the same... very few alternatives ie supply drop and domination), co-op, 4 player offline..., (should I say it...) LAN capable, re-game (similar to Resistance).

-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -oG-ShAdY
[QUOTE="-oG-ShAdY"][QUOTE="tHeFuTuReHeAd"]

[QUOTE="SmokenAshes"]War is hell....how would you wanna look? Like a cute little fairy with a gun? Or a bad mofo who will make the enemy think twice about shooting that gun. I'll take the latter.Symphonycometh

You know what?

...Your sig saddens me.:(

jk, but that's still fluffed up!

What do you mean by this statement?

SmokenAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SmokenAshes
Member since 2005 • 1580 Posts

The way the bodies react to the bullets from being shot is almost...disturbing. But thats how it is in real life...disturbing. Do you think people are gonna have Post Dramatic Stress Syndrome after playing this game? LOL you gotta admit the animations look pretty realistic.

-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -oG-ShAdY

The way the bodies react to the bullets from being shot is almost...disturbing. But thats how it is in real life...disturbing. Do you think people are gonna have Post Dramatic Stress Syndrome after playing this game? LOL you gotta admit the animations look pretty realistic.

SmokenAshes

Dude, there were days when I was playing the original and after killing a bunch off people and getting killed by unanticipated shotgun headshots... I just had to walk away... it got the the point where you would freak out... not because of anger but because of stress. (read: atmosphere)

henry4th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 henry4th
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts
If you don't tell me which one is the CGI, which one is the in-game trailer, I won't be able to tell the difference in those pics!