keep on playing folklore?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skeeter1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 skeeter1255
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts
well i bought this game last weekend and im at the begining and just finshed the first little intro battle yet i am really really bored of this game. there is so much reading to do and there are so many parts where they could of had animation and they did not! so i ask u guys does this game get more intersting? more battles? and have to spend less time going from one place to talk to someone and then find someone else to talk to etc....just to continue in the story?.. becaus this is really getting boring!
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
If you wanna sell it i'd be willing to buy it if you could give me a good price for it.=)
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
I'd beat it. Thats just me though.
skeeter1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 skeeter1255
ok but still doesnt answer my question if it get more exciting and the character talk less.
lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts

It's a thing they call "story progression"- maybe you've heard of it. :P

If you are getting bored with it so early in then maybe action/ rpg type games are not for you. I do agree about the comic-book panel type cutscenes, though- they could have gone fully animated with all of the cutscenes.

Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts
The characters don't talk any less, and yes, you will still have to run around chatting up the town. That said the story does get more interesting as the game progresses, it's just a rather slow start. In my opinion, the areas you go to get more interesting too. Since you already have the game, I'd give it a little more time.
ILOVETHEENOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#7 ILOVETHEENOT
Member since 2005 • 422 Posts
well it does get more exciting later on but it really doesn't pick up till chapter 3 - 5 then it gets really good, the last level however is the best, trust me keep going with it
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
Let me put it this way, I am at the end already, but I am waiting on finishing the game because I want all my folks to be at their maximum level. This is one of the few games (RPG wise) that I am going for perfect completion. Leveling up the folks is addicting, and the story is fantastic.
skeeter1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 skeeter1255

It's a thing they call "story progression"- maybe you've heard of it. :P

If you are getting bored with it so early in then maybe action/ rpg type games are not for you. I do agree about the comic-book panel type cutscenes, though- they could have gone fully animated with all of the cutscenes.

lyndonAPI

well thats the reason that i buyed the game because it was an action rpg and it reminded of of kindomg hearts the only action rpg i ever like. so ya i guess i might as well keep on playing even though i still wished they would of added more voice.

GEMINIVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GEMINIVice
Member since 2007 • 1139 Posts

I'm enjoyin' it alot since I'm alot further into the game right now. I say stay with it, there probably won't be another action/fantasy/rpg game in a while.

As far as reading goes, I have no problem with it. The reason for that is because, I played through Zelda: Ocarina of Time a whole lot when I use to play my N64. In that game, all there was in the cutscenes were text dialogue. Therefore, reading here and there in Folklore doesn't bother me.

rpgfreak15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rpgfreak15
Member since 2004 • 759 Posts
It's a really unique action-RPG. Yes, it can be odd at some times with all the random animations and reading...but the action itself is somewhat fun.
DyneMacron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DyneMacron
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts

At first I thought it was good. After I finished it I felt that it was one of the best RPG's I've played in ages. Yet, there is a problem with it. It is slow to begin with, and doesnt pick up for a little whiles.

And if you are finding it boring now, drop it. And if you dont like reading, drop it.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts
It has a lot of fighting, and a very varied one as you get a lot of folks with different powers you can assign to the 4 attack buttons. I must say I hated the second stage (Warcadia, but I liked very much the Faerie realm), now I'm at the third one wuth Ellen but I can't find the motivation to get back to it, not sure why ...
BViking78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BViking78
Member since 2005 • 390 Posts
I finished it and was running again to catch all the folks...
But since I'm playing "Burnout Paradise" right now I've postponed that... :D
I love the game anyway... like any GOOD rpg there's a story behind it so the reading is a must have...
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

You have to be into RPGs,
it's my fav game for ps3 *because* it's story intensive and dialogue heavy (which I love.)
but, if you are more for fun action with minimal dialogue, get Uncharted, it's fun,
and pretty much nonstop action.

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
you shoulda got uncharted you would love that no doubt
skeeter1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skeeter1255

you shoulda got uncharted you would love that no doubtyonnex

ya i beat that already no doubt a best ps3 game for me i was just looking for someting like kingdom hearts because i really enjoyed that alot!

shmedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 shmedo
Member since 2006 • 228 Posts
Well to be honest i bought Folklore because i downloaded the demo and LOVED it however, its just far too repetitive and frustrating yet i love RPG's (Final Fantasy, Oblivion, etc.) im up to chapter 3 or 4 (whichever Undersea City is) and im currently doing it with Keats now i always dread doing each chapter because i know when i complete it im going to have to do the EXACT same thing again with Ellen i paid $90 online, im feeling lucky cos i was actually considering the $120 price tag at Game Traders but to be honest, i dont find it all its cracked up to be
hsh4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 hsh4n
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
hi, I have a question for ya guys who 've finished it .is it possible to play the game as ellen , after finishing it ? i'd like to power up my folks etc. do i have to play the story again ? i finished the ellen 5th chapter , and now i must play as gay so i dont want to w8 untill i finished his story. any1know ?
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

Folklore was one of those games I was patiently waiting for. Once the PSN store got the demo I was excited as hell to play it. Then, I found out it had mandatory motion controls...and it totally killed the experience. So, unfortunately, I decided to pass this one up.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

i got it when it was first released, since I needed a good RPG... though not an excellent title, i enjoyed the game... its got good graphics and an interesting story...