Just pre-orderd the ps vita

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ComBaTsOuL (507 posts) -

Ive just pre-orderd the ps vita and i can only get one game. i was wondering what you guys recomend to get out of the launch games..

#2 Posted by Nophoria88 (410 posts) -
Wipeout for the fast arcade-like racing with tight controls, online vita tracks + ps3 tracks as well, impressive graphics and awesome soundtrack. Uncharted for the great level of detail to the entire game, but it is a lower resolution which kinda sucks, but still hearing rave reviews from it. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has impressive 60 FPS with minimal amount taken out from the console version, online matches (with new spectator mode), very fast arcade-like fun to be had here! Or possibly Dynasty Warriors NEXT, it looks really good for a hack n slash game on a handheld, they are usually pretty long games. Those are my nominations based on how I view them. If I only had to pick one... well I couldn't honestly, if I could only get one, I don't think I would buy the system. That's because those games compliment each other in terms of gameplay and I know I'd be kinda bored only having one of them.
#3 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8949 posts) -
I for one am impressed with the launch lineup, unlike many other people think. Only thing I'm disappointed with is there not being a Crash Bandicoot or Ratchet & Clank type game.
#4 Posted by ComBaTsOuL (507 posts) -
is uncharted a proper ful length game? not a striped down version of the ps3 games...
#5 Posted by icy1007 (168 posts) -

is uncharted a proper ful length game? not a striped down version of the ps3 games...ComBaTsOuL

Yes, it is a full-length game. It is a completely seperate entry in the Uncharted series.

Avatar image for looseyourself87
#6 Posted by looseyourself87 (307 posts) -

I'm getting uncharted definitely to check out the vita's capabilities... and obviously because its uncharted... and I'm getting UNIT 13 coz it has over 35 missions all playable co-op ( me and my friend gettin unit 13 to play co-op) plus i hear that unit 13 will use NEAR to drop weapons and high value targets in geographical areas....definitely wanna try that out...

#7 Posted by ComBaTsOuL (507 posts) -

I'm getting uncharted definitely to check out the vita's capabilities... and obviously because its uncharted... and I'm getting UNIT 13 coz it has over 35 missions all playable co-op ( me and my friend gettin unit 13 to play co-op) plus i hear that unit 13 will use NEAR to drop weapons and high value targets in geographical areas....definitely wanna try that out...

looseyourself87

that sounds cool, i cant believe all the hate its getting, i for one cant wait to play console games on the go or while your wife is watching her programs on the tv :)

Avatar image for looseyourself87
#8 Posted by looseyourself87 (307 posts) -

yeap... Im doing my masters so i'm either on the go or a the uni or library most of the time ...havent been able to play any game on my ps3 coz i don't have time.... the vita is a blessing for me :)

#9 Posted by Nophoria88 (410 posts) -

is uncharted a proper ful length game? not a striped down version of the ps3 games...ComBaTsOuL

It's a fully fleshed out game of its own, but it does only last anywhere from 8-12 hours on a playthrough, just fyi.

#10 Posted by _Matt_ (10219 posts) -

I'm getting Rayman and Uncharted off the bat. Will probably get Unit 13 down the road though

#11 Posted by Supabul (4152 posts) -

forget abot the sequels and ports and get Army Corps of Hell

#12 Posted by Basinboy (12366 posts) -

The one "must have" IMO is Uncharted, it's comprised of an orginal storyline which makes it a platform exclusive game. Other great games worth taking a look at are Rayman:Origins, Army Corps of Hell, FIFA, Hot Shots Golf, or Wipeout 2048.

#13 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Honestly, out of all the games in the lineup, Rayman Origins seems to be the perfect game for a handheld. Dynasty Warriors Next is a good choice too for gaming on the go.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#14 Posted by darkspineslayer (21917 posts) -
I'm starting off with little deviants, Super Stardust Delta, Modnation Road Trip, Rayman Origins and Ninja Gaiden Sigma plus. Refuse to support a $50 premieum for a handheld game, uncharted or not.
#15 Posted by JohnF111 (14185 posts) -
Pre-order the 3G version, even if you don't want or will ever use 3G, for the added cost you get a game(Wipeout) and a 8GB card plus 3G if you ever want to use it, better to have and not need than to need and not have.
#16 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -
I preordered at target cause u get 20 dollar gc. It doesn't say what version it is
#17 Posted by ankor77 (1246 posts) -
I have the wifi preordered at best buy. I went today to try and upgrade that to the first edition bundle just so i can play a week earlier, but they were sold out of first editions. Ugh. Oh well, didnt really want little deviants anyways and i want at least a 16gb memory card. Going with wipeout, hot shots, uncharted, and super stardust. Cant wait