Just how much longer will the PSP last?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jts31689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jts31689
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts

Its been a good 2 years now and to be honest, theres only one or two games out there that truly make it worthwhile. All PSP owners do is wait, wait and wait for new games to come out. Gamer's aren't exactly immortal and we do have priorities other tyan waiting for the next greatest PSP game.

I'm just tired of waiting. Anyone dig this? 

Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 Vojkan80001
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

Its been a good 2 years now and to be honest, theres only one or two games out there that truly make it worthwhile. All PSP owners do is wait, wait and wait for new games to come out. Gamer's aren't exactly immortal and we do have priorities other tyan waiting for the next greatest PSP game.

jts31689

Sony recently admit that PSP was in the shadow of PS3, all previous 2 years or pre lauch and preparing for PS3 but they promised to revive it and give more attention since it can make a lot of money for them. Since that time God Of War is one of the games that were announced. If that is not enough that how about 2(TWO) Final Fantasy games in next year and few more games from Square Enix that are exclusive(not ports) for PSP.

I Dont own PSP but now i plan to get it. When it comes to for how many more years will PSP "live". Well i guess 6 more years. Plan was to have it on market for 10 years(acording to Sony) and that is very realistic. Just take a look how that thing is powerful for handheld?! Also one it hits less that 100 buck(in next year or two) pricepoint, than you there will be no reason not to support PSP for many many years.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

jts31689

well that is mearly your opinion on "only one or two games out that truly make it worthwhile."  I can guess from your avatar that MGS:PO is one of your titles...and another would probably be Tekken: Dark Resurrection and/or GTA.    As much as i love Sony ..PS3 blows...atleast right now....and i rather play PSP any day over the PS3.  Too bad you only feel 2 games are worth your PSP's purchase. 

Flodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Flodiac
Member since 2006 • 193 Posts
To me psps seem to be on the rise just look at the games that are coming out!
TheCheat23k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheCheat23k
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts
There are so many good games coming out within the next year, it is just amazing!  I'd say the PSP easily has another 2-3 years of life left in it..and Sony could easily push it further, but I am sure they'll do a PSP2 of sorts somewhere done the road (years away).
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

jts31689
While you're waiting, I've been enjoying Ace Combat X, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, two Prince of Persia games, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Loco Roco, Lego Star Wars, MGS: PO, Syphon Filter, SOCOM, Pirates, two GTAs and Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins, off the top of my head. I guess one man's worthwhile is another man's "meh", but you really shouldn't universalize your opinions and present them as those of all PSP owners.
Pythos77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Pythos77
Member since 2005 • 889 Posts

Im not too happy about my psp. for 1 simple reason MOST of the games out for it SUCK.....ive got quite a few of the GOOD ones and even then they arent entirely great...What's the point of having SUPER DUPER ULTRA MEGA hardware if the software you put out is crap...Sure there are plenty of other things ou can do with it and currently thats the only reason i still keep mine around. But at least i learned something out of this.......DONT BUY A CONSOLE UNLESS IT HAS GOOD GAMES......especially an expensive one **** how much????******coughs***** $600 BUCKS*******.......

But as soon as decent games come out ill be sure to give some of them a try.

ArkansasBoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#8 ArkansasBoy91
Member since 2006 • 2430 Posts
Wait, there is plenty of worth owning games.. But the question is. Are you a person that wants mommyand daddy buying you th games?? or are you willing to ge out and make ther cash to see what goodgames are actually out for PSP????
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

Im not too happy about my psp. for 1 simple reason MOST of the games out for it SUCK.....ive got quite a few of the GOOD ones and even then they arent entirely great...What's the point of having SUPER DUPER ULTRA MEGA hardware if the software you put out is crap...Sure there are plenty of other things ou can do with it and currently thats the only reason i still keep mine around. But at least i learned something out of this.......DONT BUY A CONSOLE UNLESS IT HAS GOOD GAMES......especially an expensive one **** how much????******coughs***** $600 BUCKS*******.......

But as soon as decent games come out ill be sure to give some of them a try.

Pythos77

quite honestly you don't deserve to own the system then if you don't find it to your liking.  Maybe you should try the DS :)  Better than complaining right?

jts31689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jts31689
[QUOTE="jts31689"]

gokuofheaven

well that is mearly your opinion on "only one or two games out that truly make it worthwhile." I can guess from your avatar that MGS:PO is one of your titles...and another would probably be Tekken: Dark Resurrection and/or GTA. As much as i love Sony ..PS3 blows...atleast right now....and i rather play PSP any day over the PS3. Too bad you only feel 2 games are worth your PSP's purchase.

It only means I'm anticipating the arrival og MGS4. MGS:PO was a sick joke for all true MGS fans, it was just a spin off of MGS3 to put it online more suitedly. I don't want dozens of useless soldiers, the only one I wanted was Snake. 

karlgauci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 karlgauci
Member since 2005 • 5504 Posts
until the PSP2 launches.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

That is the reason why the PSP play movies, has an internet browser, and play music files.  Don't be one dimensional and use your PSP for everything else besides gaming.  PSP is doing fine and will continue to be.  There are so many music files to play and movies on UMD to keep you busy while you wait. 

jts31689
karlgauci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 karlgauci
Member since 2005 • 5504 Posts

That is the reason why the PSP play movies, has an internet browser, and play music files. Don't be one dimensional and use your PSP for everything else besides gaming. PSP is doing fine and will continue to be. There are so many music files to play and movies on UMD to keep you busy while you wait.

[QUOTE="jts31689"]

mrvic87

The way I see it...only WE decide if the PSP stops, if sony stops producing games, we can still use it for movies music and internet:) 

jessica492

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 jessica492
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts
I like my PSP. I think it is definately on the rise. There are alot of good games coming out such as God of War. Plus, games isn't the only reason I like it. You can look at pictures, watch movies, and play music. I know what yur thinking 'Can't we do that on an Ipod?' and yes you can, but unlike an Ipod, you can surf the web and play games other than the typical "Dive Bomber" and "Snake". It is a portable media center. I'm suprised you guys even have a DS. Hello? 2-D? No thank you.
trmather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 trmather
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

well, I've had my PSP since launch in Europe, got 17 games, yet don't play it at all anymore, I never really used to play on it as much as I should've in all honesty, but none of the games have been worth playing instead of doing something else.

I guess handhelds really are useless unless you take them with you somewhere, because at home there are far too many other distractions, like a normal console to stop you playing them

KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 KEITH1437
Member since 2006 • 2735 Posts
They sure way to sell psp is to announce Lumines III! Can't wait for that to happen.
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts
another 1 1/2 to 3 will be the rest of the psp's fate
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#18 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

I give it another two years.  I've got to say this is the worst handheld generation ever.  The PSP lacks support and the DS just has no original games that are good despite having a freaking touch screen.....  Oh how I miss the GBA years

KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 KEITH1437
Member since 2006 • 2735 Posts
LUMINES III !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts

I give it another two years. I've got to say this is the worst handheld generation ever. The PSP lacks support and the DS just has no original games that are good despite having a freaking touch screen..... Oh how I miss the GBA years

vashkey

I concur.  I haven't purchased any new DS games since New Super Mario Bros came out, and that was a year ago.  The last PSP game I got was Bomberman, and I plan to buy Killzone: Liberation soon, but the PSP has been lacking games majorly.  I like the PSP, but man, GET SOME GOOD GAMES OUT.  I think the PSP is finally on the rise though, thanks to Square Enix and the new God of War game. 

darkmanure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darkmanure
Member since 2007 • 548 Posts
I'm thinking PSP = Next PS2 for devs. Couple more years maybe?
lime05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lime05
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts

Man you are SO lost....

PSP catalog kicks serious ass!!

WIPEOUT PULSE in Septemeber

Rachet and Clank,LocoRoco,Lemmings, Ridge Racer 1/2, Tekken Dark Ressurrection,Daxter, Metal Gear PortableOps, New Final Fastasy Remakes, Worms Open Warefare 1 & 2 coming ,Street Fighter 3, Lumines! 1&2Silent Hill Origins, GTA's series, Gradius Collection, Megadrive Collection, *Sonic 2D old-skool platformers woohoo! .... 95% of PS1 Games! (yeah thats right we play FF7/8, Resident Evil 123 on our PSPs !). Even some of the sports titles are awesome , Virtual Tennis 3/ Fight Night Round 3!. Being able to verse people all over the world wirelessly is VERY @*$ing COOL! . God of War coming soon, Prince of Persia Rival Swords, Burnout Dominator, Mercury Meltdown !, there is so much quality coming out, i can hardly keep up! 

It plays my own tunes when im out, and i love watching the odd  flick on it, in widescreen ratio of couse , not to mention ill be using the digital camera/microphone released this month :P !, other times i enjoy listening to the radio, checking e-mail, reading PDF and other E-books books. Only thing it doesn't do is cook my dinner !.

Franky, i think you just don't have a clue

jasonbesto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jasonbesto
Member since 2007 • 754 Posts

The psp will last until "something" will outdate it! And that will happen like more than 4 years!

PSP OWNS!!! 

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Thank you for this post.  You just gave these clueless people reason why the PSP is such a hot handheld.  None of the other handhelds (I mean all handhelds and Ipods)  is able to pull of some the amazing things that the PSP can do.  I was a bit surprised of many things the PSP can do.  This actual thread is a joke.  The PSP isn't going anywhere.  People are too focused on the gaming aspect of the PSP which is why they foolishly sell it or just don't play it anymore.  The fact that this amazing system is under $200, it's a rip off (a steal)! 

I have a bunch of PS2 games I have yet to complete but I find more fun in playing my PSP since it's portable.  I love the fact that you can actually turn it off during gameplay or a movie, shoot some hoops, shop, or work, and turn it back on later and pick up exactly right where you left off.  You can beam or share your game to another PSP without the other gamer having that actual game disc to play.  The only thing that it doesn't do is have AOL messenger on it.  PSP is where it's at! 

Man you are SO lost....

PSP catalog kicks serious ass!!

WIPEOUT PULSE in Septemeber

Rachet and Clank,LocoRoco,Lemmings, Ridge Racer 1/2, Tekken Dark Ressurrection,Daxter, Metal Gear PortableOps, New Final Fastasy Remakes, Worms Open Warefare 1 & 2 coming ,Street Fighter 3, Lumines! 1&2Silent Hill Origins, GTA's series, Gradius Collection, Megadrive Collection, *Sonic 2D old-skool platformers woohoo! .... 95% of PS1 Games! (yeah thats right we play FF7/8, Resident Evil 123 on our PSPs !). Even some of the sports titles are awesome , Virtual Tennis 3/ Fight Night Round 3!. Being able to verse people all over the world wirelessly is VERY @*$ing COOL! . God of War coming soon, Prince of Persia Rival Swords, Burnout Dominator, Mercury Meltdown !, there is so much quality coming out, i can hardly keep up! 

It plays my own tunes when im out, and i love watching the odd  flick on it, in widescreen ratio of couse , not to mention ill be using the digital camera/microphone released this month :P !, other times i enjoy listening to the radio, checking e-mail, reading PDF and other E-books books. Only thing it doesn't do is cook my dinner !.

Franky, i think you just don't have a clue

lime05
Avatar image for deactivated-61f554adcef90
deactivated-61f554adcef90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 deactivated-61f554adcef90
Member since 2005 • 8056 Posts
[QUOTE="gokuofheaven"][QUOTE="jts31689"]

jts31689

well that is mearly your opinion on "only one or two games out that truly make it worthwhile." I can guess from your avatar that MGS:PO is one of your titles...and another would probably be Tekken: Dark Resurrection and/or GTA. As much as i love Sony ..PS3 blows...atleast right now....and i rather play PSP any day over the PS3. Too bad you only feel 2 games are worth your PSP's purchase.

It only means I'm anticipating the arrival og MGS4. MGS:PO was a sick joke for all true MGS fans, it was just a spin off of MGS3 to put it online more suitedly. I don't want dozens of useless soldiers, the only one I wanted was Snake.

Let me , guess , you never even played any MGS game sbefore , but youve seen the trailer for MGS 4 , and afther playing MPO you probably sayed : ,, Uuuuuu I want PS3 quality graphics not PS2 " . And dont get me wrong , a nother thing that shows that your not a long time MGS fan , is the fact that you didnt liked the story , which answered lots of questions .

And to answer your question : there are many great PSP games , the fact that you dont like them doesnt means nobody can , and if you really hate it , sell it away , and leave us alone , and go to a consolewar thread , where you can pray that youve finally bought yourself a DSL . 

Andydym1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Andydym1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
man if u dont hold out and wait for new games than u shouldn't have a psp
4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts
3 years at most that is if they go the way that nintendo did, but if they stick it like their other PS brands it would last for a good 5 years
nowhatisthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nowhatisthat
Member since 2003 • 231 Posts
Can you really play final fantasy 7 on the psp?
trmather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 trmather
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

man if u dont hold out and wait for new games than u shouldn't have a pspAndydym1

well, really, the average gamer only has a certain amount of patience before they get fed up of having no new releases, most of the games that do come out aren't very good anyways

I'm currently 50/50 on selling it, plus 17 games so I can get some money for PS3 games, but theres no new releases for that either!

NinjaBlade753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NinjaBlade753
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
If the PSP does not get a big game within a year I think that the PSP should begin to dig its grave. Its sad but true:(.
jts31689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jts31689
Wow, this post is going somewhere.