Just got a Vita for Black ops, what other games should I pick up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

Just purchased a Vita for Black ops and will be picking it up at midnight, any other games I should be picking up as well? I can imagin little big planet would be fun to play on the Vita? also im a big fan of assassins creed games but is it any good on the Vita?

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#2 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
LittleBigPlanet is the one must-have for the system, I think, so don't even give it a second thought. AC is good, but the story's not that great and some of the gameplay falls short of the standard. It's still a quality game, though, and has the proper AC feel. The reviews pretty much spell it out for you. I'd suggest Lumines: Electronic Symphony (it's pretty cheap at this point), Sound Shapes, Retro City Rampage(fun but very flawed GTA demake with NES-style graphics), and Wipeout 2048 is an excellent Wipeout game (and you receive the HD+Fury packs for free if you own them for PS3). If you're into shooters(as I suspect), Unit 13 is a bit of a sleeper hit with a great feel. The weapons have great audiovisual feedback and the gameplay is engaging enough to make it stand out as one of the best portable shooters.
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

MGS HD collection is a strong pick if you didn't get the console version it's a great collection and really sweet to have them on the go. Rayman origins, is another good game looks great on the Vita and i've gotten alot of time out of it collecting everything. Despite what some people may say i REALLY enjoyed Gravity rush, and would even go so far as to put it in the running for portable game of the year. Little Big planet, is alot of fun to and even better if you can find a group of SackBoys/SackGirls to play with. Personally i didn't really enjoy Assassin's creed, but i think it was because i really didn't give it a shot since i have heard the beginning is slow and i just gave up. You could also wait a week and then Persona 4 Golden, and Playstation all stars, comes out. Seems like P4 is getting alot of hype and good early reviews and i personally have PSAS preordered. :D

Also if you're interested on some game deals i would recommend checking out Amazon Warehouse, or Gamefly. I've gotten quite the collection built up from their good deals.

remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
Retail: Uncharted: Golden Abyss NFS: Most Wanted Rayman: Origins LBP PSN: Dokuro Motorstorn RC Super Stardust Delta
Mikako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Mikako
Member since 2012 • 81 Posts

Dokuro

Silent Hill

best games on my vita so far..

im waiting for Patapon 3

Call of duty

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Granpire
im waiting for Patapon 3Mikako
You mean Patapon 4, right? Unless 3 isn't on your region's store?
Avatar image for GamespotSux_IKR
GamespotSux_IKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GamespotSux_IKR
Member since 2012 • 66 Posts

None. Play the crap outta Black Ops. See how the Vita does~

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Totalgym9000

None. Play the crap outta Black Ops. See how the Vita does~

GamespotSux_IKR
After seeing Black ops on that guys Youtube account, I was sold on the Vita, the multiplayer looks like COD on the go! Much better than what was shown at E3, The Vita has more games out than I expected since everyone seems to luv to hate on it I never realized it's line up is actually pretty decent.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Granpire
Yeah, take advice from the guy named GamespotSux. That's a brilliant idea.
Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Totalgym9000
Yeah, take advice from the guy named GamespotSux. That's a brilliant idea.Granpire
Lol didn't pay attention to his name, either way I've decided i'm going to be picking up LBP, assassins creed and download super stardust as I love the ps3 version.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Need for speed,ninja gaiden,resitance,unit 13 are what I have enjoyed so far.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Granpire
[QUOTE="Granpire"]Yeah, take advice from the guy named GamespotSux. That's a brilliant idea.Totalgym9000
Lol didn't pay attention to his name, either way I've decided i'm going to be picking up LBP, assassins creed and download super stardust as I love the ps3 version.

I wasn't replying to you, so I intended no offense. The Vita does have plenty of good games.
Kukurochan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kukurochan
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Mikako"]im waiting for Patapon 3Granpire
You mean Patapon 4, right? Unless 3 isn't on your region's store?

oh patapon 4! i really love to play that too!
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Granpire
Uh, maybe you were being sarcastic, but Patapon 4 doesn't exist, at least not yet.
SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Prepare for A LOT of buyers remorse. Reviewers are saying CoD: BOD has a 45 minute longer campaign and the multiplayer is completely broken.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/Call+of+Duty%3A+Black+Ops+-+Declassified/review.asp?c=46568

"Everything about Declassified is a massive middle finger to the fans."

EDIT: Giant Bomb just gave it a 1 outta 5.

http://www.giantbomb.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified/61-38542/reviews/

Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Uncharted Wipeout 2048 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Need for speed etc.
yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

Prepare for A LOT of buyers remorse. Reviewers are saying CoD: BOD has a 45 minute longer campaign and the multiplayer is completely broken.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/Call+of+Duty%3A+Black+Ops+-+Declassified/review.asp?c=46568

k3ck

Dont worry black ops is good on VITA there is no actual campaign. Its just 10 special ops missions. I like to think of it as training for the Online which is actually very good. There is a 500mb patch which has fixed all the problems i was having. Although the match making system sometimes wont connect first time every go. It may take up to 3 times to join a game. But its not a deal breaker. And this isnt uncommon with online games anyway.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

[QUOTE="k3ck"]

yonnex

there is no actual campaign

Jesus christ. A portable system and a game that only has multiplayer? What a turd.

Kukurochan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kukurochan
I prefer CoD than Black Ops.. Patapon 4 i really will try this game out if ever this will be out.. Currently bought Dokuro..love this puzzle game! It gives my mind a little workout while playing
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

So far i like the multiplayer a lot. I dont care about single player which is what a lot of reviewers dont seem to like.

As for other games, I have enjoyed Unit 13 a lot. Very underrated game, however mine crashed everytime I took the update. I just deleted and reinstalled the game without the update and its fine.

Mod Nation racers has been a surprise good game for me. I like its pacing and single player better than PS3. Plenty of stuff to download too.

NFS Most Wanted is excellent too. Its the complete console game on Vita.

Kukurochan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kukurochan
i also love playing some racing games..nfs has good graphics into it but on vita i really dont like it..frame rate is low.. that's the second pick of my game genre..first of course is puzzle games like dokuro..on my ipad i also have puzzle game like cut the rope, Puzzle and Dragons etc.