Just finished heavy rain demo.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts

My first time really experiencing a game like this before. Does the full game play like this? And does the story evolve well? Is it worth picking up. FYI I loved the demo. In fact I think im going to play it again...

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

My first time really experiencing a game like this before. Does the full game play like this? And does the story evolve well? Is it worth picking up. FYI I loved the demo. In fact I think im going to play it again...

i5750at4Ghz
Yes, the whole game plays like that. The story is well developed and keeps you going and it is very much worth picking up. If you enjoyed the demo immensely, I highly recommend getting this game.
GramDubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GramDubs
Member since 2010 • 636 Posts

i loved the demo, so i bought the game, and loved it even more, one of the best games i played this gen

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

Heavy Rain is almost my favorite game this gen (it's only beat by Valkyria Chronicles).

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

And when you finish HR, get the game that started it all - "Indigo Prophecy" for PS2.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hxczuner

And when you finish HR, get the game that started it all - "Indigo Prophecy" for PS2.

MonkeySpot
I second that; the spiritual daddy game.
joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

It's a really good game, but it's over really quick. There's a bit of DLC and replayability that extend the game a bit, but you can easily beat the game itself in 2-3 days without trying to, and get a few more days with the DLC.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

It's a really good game, but it's over really quick. There's a bit of DLC and replayability that extend the game a bit, but you can easily beat the game itself in 2-3 days without trying to, and get a few more days with the DLC.

joseph_mach

So its more of a renting type of game :?

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
If you liked the demo you'll love the game.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

The Whole Game is awesome I highly recommend picking it up.

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
Definitely one of the most emotional games till date.
joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

[QUOTE="joseph_mach"]

realistic44

So its more of a renting type of game :?

You know, in all honesty, I really wish I had just rented the game instead of buying it, as I used it for store credit a few weeks later. I played through the game twice to go back and see some stuff I missed the first time around and didn't touch it again. Whether you rent or buy though, you won't be sorry either which way. It's an excellent game. I don't want to sway you from not buying it as you might get more out of it then I did, but ya, it fell into that category in my book.

You can go back and play it a few times to pick different things to say/do during the main story, but again, once you know what you're doing after the first play through, the sequential games go by even quicker. In the end you're still getting from point A to point B in the game, but you can take a few different paths to get there which extend the game to more than a rental period to see all the possible choices.

Again, either way, you'll enjoy the game. If you've got the bucks for it, I'd say buy it. It'll keep you busy. If there's other stuff you really want to play, maybe rent it and use the remaining cash for the other games you want as well.

cheese1756

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cheese1756
Member since 2009 • 58 Posts

i5750at4Ghz

The full game is just like it, but better. The story evolves pretty well, but there was room for impovement. I beat the game and it was amazing, definitely buy the full game.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

It's a fantastic game and shouldn't be missed by any gamer.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

The time and replay-ability of a title like this is the reason why I wait for the price to drop. That being said, I still own select titles for my PS2 and "Indigo Prophecy" is one, because it's such a technical achievement andI like to be able to go back and "visit" those works of art... and in the case of "Heavy Rain" I went back to "Indigo Prophecy" when the devs announced HR's release to sort of "brush up" on the game's tech history.

And, I'm a film nut. Not a Movie fan, but a FILM nut. The cinema is in my blood, and a game like this (or earlier, "Resident Evil") allows me to indulge in the world and actually participate... and in the case of HR or IP, it's really interesting and involving. I marvel at the achievement, and so that is why I like to own certain games like this, and to pass them on to friends who are on the fence about the experience to see if they like the waters. It's a really cool game to show people who believe that the term 'video game' still signifies "PacMan" and "Space Invaders"... my folks, for instance.

At any rate, it's obviously a game to play through that's well worth the time and cash!

:D

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
It's a must-have imo. My favorite PS3 game this year so far.
Immortal--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Immortal--
Member since 2010 • 1415 Posts
You must buy that game. Especially if you love the demo.
teck157713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 teck157713
Member since 2008 • 364 Posts

I played Heavy Rain Demo 30+ times and i really loved it especially the part where Scott Shelby fought with the jackass guy. Should I get this game immediately?

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 frostybanana

I played Heavy Rain Demo 30+ times and i really loved it especially the part where Scott Shelby fought with the jackass guy. Should I get this game immediately?

teck157713
Yes because Scott Shelby kicks so much more ass after that. But I intentionally got my ass kicked because I hated him.
Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts
17 Endings. Play it now.
Zeller--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 Zeller--
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

Highly reccomend this game. Story was great and an unexpected twist. Voice actors are rubbish but that doesn't hinder the game by any means.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 frostybanana

Highly reccomend this game. Story was great and an unexpected twist. Voice actors are rubbish but that doesn't hinder the game by any means.

Zeller--
Yeah, the only part that really irked me was when I was running around as Ethan and he screaming Shaun at the top of his lungs. Which he did in a total of 2 different ways. I was like shut uuuuuuuuuup i'm trying to find the damn kid.
xTpux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xTpux
Member since 2010 • 308 Posts

Great game, I loved it. After playing it once though and then figuring out all the alternate endings, there was no replayability there for me. But its such a great experience. The graphics. The controls. The storyline.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hxczuner

The "Press X to Jason" didn't bother me at all. Think about it, if you were in that situation, how would you be yelling? Would every yell sound completely different? I don't think so. I had no problems with the voice acting..