Just bought a ps4! What exclusives should i get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

getupandboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 getupandboogie
Member since 2013 • 93 Posts

Anything non exclusive will be bought on my Xbone

Im thinking until dawn, looks pretty awesome, much better than telltale things (if they are even similar)

Everybodys gone to the rapture (an old school friend worked on the music :) )

Any others?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Why did you buy a console if you don't know about the games?

Also why would you want multiplats on anything than the console that plays them best? Why would you choose inferior games?

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@getupandboogie: I've heard good things about Until Dawn though I haven't played it myself, not a fan of scary games. If you never owned a PS3 and haven't had the pleasure of playing The Last of Us, it is a must own title. If you don't mind games with QTE's, The Order: 1886 isn't bad if you can find it for $30 or less(You can read my review on The Order here). If you're a fan of games like Dark Souls that are really challenging yet rewarding then I'd definitely recommend Bloodborne. Killzone Shadowfall is okay if you can get it under $20 for the single player game alone, never really tried MP on that one. Lastly, if none of those sound incredibly appealing, The Nathan Drake Collection will be out in about a month, that'll be my next purchase for PS4.

@Jaysonguy:Probably has more friends on the X1 and would prefer to play games with them.

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#4 digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

Until Dawn, Bloodborne, Last of Us Remastered, Everybody's Gone To Rapture (for more of a chill session)
These in my opinion have been the best so far. Be sure to also get Uncharted (either the trilogy collection or 4 when they are released)
I envy those who have a PS4 and have never played the Uncharted series, they will experience great games in better quality for the first time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Bloodbourne, Omega Quintet

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
@Jaysonguy said:

Also why would you want multiplats on anything than the console that plays them best? Why would you choose inferior games?

Indeed, although he might have more friends on the Xbone front and he wants to play MP with them. Otherwise I don't see the reason to put money on an inferior product.

I recommend Infamous: Second Son and Last Light (should get them cheap by now). Bloodborne of course if you're into Souls games, TLOU is a decent game, Uncharted Collection (especially if you haven't played them before, great games), GOW 3 remaster if you haven't played it before. Gonna get Until Dawn at some point, but I can't recommend it since I haven't played it.

Edit: Oh yeah and KZ is decent too, but be sure to get it CHEAP.

getupandboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 getupandboogie

Wow, cheers all for the responses! Let me start addressing:

@Jaysonguy: Basically my friend was selling his ps4 with metal gear solid, and bloodborne for 200 pounds (300 ish dollars), as he just bought the MGS edition PS4. I can sell MGS V for 40 pounds (60 dollars), so I got a ps4 and bloodborne for 160 quid (240 dollars). Was too good to turn down. I was going to buy one anyway when persona came out so figured i should get it now while its this cheap

And yes, although ive had a ps3, xbox has been my main console for last several years. have little friends on ps4 (in fact, i never even check my friends list on it). If its non exclusive, i would prefer it on xbox one as I always have the option of multiplayer with mates, or just party chat in general

@suicidesn0wman (cool name btw :) ) cheers for the list. I have already done TLOU, but might get it remastered. Killzone is a great shout! I will see if i can pick it up cheep

@meathead373 Omega Quintet in a great shout!! never even heard of it, but I love JRPGs. Is there any more out there on PS4?

@Epak_ Haha i thought GOW was Gears of War till I clicked. will have a look into it :)

Cheers all! Any more JRPGs out there too?

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Tales of Zestiria is out in October on the JRPG front...

getupandboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 getupandboogie

@drspoon said:

Tales of Zestiria is out in October on the JRPG front...

sold! any 'tales' games are awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

@getupandboogie: Just be warned Omega Quintet is very... Anime.

If you never played Final Fantasy X, the HD remaster is fantastic, I played it on the Vita when it orignally came out. Next year Megadimension Neptunia VII is getting localized, I'm super hyped for it but I like those, made by the same people as Omega Quintet so very... Anime.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#11 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

If you can get the Order 1886 cheap, it's worth a playthrough

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@getupandboogie: My Xbone is strictly for Exclusives.

My PS4 gets exclusives and the multiplats since it handleds multiplats better.

No Man's Sky looks cool. Infamous: Last Light, Infamous: Second Son, Bloodborne, Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted Collection Ratchet and Clank, GOW 3 remaster, Final Fantasy X, Persona 5, Street Fighter 5, and Tales of Zestiria.

Would recommend getting PS+ as they release 4-5 PS4 games every month. In fact, they just hit 58 games so far just for PS4 (Xbone is at 22 GWG games by comparison). That $50 PS+ goes far for your buck.

Also on the forums dealing with millions it's been like this for awhile, but:

GOW = God of War. It was first and a fantastic series!

GeoW = Gears of War. Just a heads up. I like GeoW too btw, I own those as well.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@getupandboogie: if you want more jrpg/action jrpg keep a eye out for Nier New Project and Yoru no Nai Kuni.

Nier New Project the director and screenwriter is Yoko Taro he's known for unconventional story telling usually dark, the story should be interesting. the composer is Keiichi Okabe the soundtrack will be phenomenal, Niers soundtrack was fantastic! and Platinum Games is the developer they made Bayonetta 1 & 2 so the combat will be first rate!

Yoru no Nai Kuni combat looks decent. very likely to be localized sense it's a Gust Game being released in japan in September so a western releases date sometime in 2016? it has Yuri undertones from the trailer so hoping that's a part of the game. i'm bias i like Yuri.

hope one of these looks good to you.

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#14 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

Right now the only exclusives worth bothering with are inFamous: Second Son, Bloodborne and Until Dawn. Hopefully things pick up on that front in 2016. It took PS3 a while to get going also.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Who's gonna break the news to him?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#16 cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@getupandboogie: Bloodborne, Driveclub, TLOUR, Infamous SS

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#17 cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@getupandboogie: My Xbone is strictly for Exclusives.

My PS4 gets exclusives and the multiplats since it handleds multiplats better.

No Man's Sky looks cool. Infamous: Last Light, Infamous: Second Son, Bloodborne, Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted Collection Ratchet and Clank, GOW 3 remaster, Final Fantasy X, Persona 5, Street Fighter 5, and Tales of Zestiria.

Would recommend getting PS+ as they release 4-5 PS4 games every month. In fact, they just hit 58 games so far just for PS4 (Xbone is at 22 GWG games by comparison). That $50 PS+ goes far for your buck.

Also on the forums dealing with millions it's been like this for awhile, but:

GOW = God of War. It was first and a fantastic series!

GeoW = Gears of War. Just a heads up. I like GeoW too btw, I own those as well.

Ole 'Ty will guide you kindly, son. For me My PS4 is for exclusives and whatever else I may want, my X1 for its exclusives and multis that I want to play with friends.

LiLCookie16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 LiLCookie16
Member since 2014 • 35 Posts

You should pick up infamous second son