Just bought a PS4, a couple questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Sooo, I bit the bullet and bought a ps4... was always planning to I had ps1, ps2, ps3...was just waiting for some games to come. I bought Infamous and battlefield 4... my question is does battlefield 4 put a strain on the console? I heard it crashes all the time and is unplayable at times, I just couldn't buy COD anymore I am done with it. Another question I have is how is Outlast? Looks like my kind of game, is it long enough to warrant a purchase?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Looking at your name, your a troll, go away.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I never heard of bf4 straining the system. The game does have lots of bugs but I never had game crash cause of it. I haven't played the game in like 2 months though

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PS4hasNOgames

@GTR12 said:

I made that name around the time of ps4 release, when it had no games... you mad bro? lol

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Battlefield 4 has a lot of bugs yes (most of which have been fixed through patches), but it does not strain the system so that it crashes. Outlast was free on PS+ and it's a shame you missed out on it, but after playing it and finishing it I can reassure you it's worth all of it's price tag, and some. So far out of all the games I've played on my new consoles Outlast was my favourite.

Play Outlast by yourself, with all the lights off during the night and a pair of headphones. Just be prepared to need a new change of underwear.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

outlast is worth buying, gets repetitive towards the end and is a little short but still a great experience,

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

BF4 issues are more "buggy game" and less "PS4 being strained."

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PS4hasNOgames

@BattleSpectre: cool, yea Im an old school gamer who loves old school type horror games.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

I made that name around the time of ps4 release, when it had no games... you mad bro? lol

Yup, 8th March 2014...PS4 had no games then...

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

I can understand that "BUT" considering the "OTHER" system wasn't doing much better I think just about anybody would think you where a troll! Anyway, back on topic, Outlast is worth the purchase but it's only about 4-8 hours of gameplay! The tension, atmosphere and lack of weapons do make up for it though! Outlast isn't anything innovative but it does put the "survival" back into the horror platform

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PS4hasNOgames

@GTR12 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

@MarcRecon said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

I can understand that "BUT" considering the "OTHER" system wasn't doing much better I think just about anybody would think you where a troll! Anyway, back on topic, Outlast is worth the purchase but it's only about 4-8 hours of gameplay! The tension, atmosphere and lack of weapons do make up for it though! Outlast isn't anything innovative but it does put the "survival" back into the horror platform

They still have no games, admit it, its not a bash but more of a complaint, there are hundreds of articles and blogs that say the same thing....these consoles were rushed to market and the devs didn't have enough time to make games. If drive club and the order made launch like it was supposed to I wouldn't be saying this.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MarcRecon

You state the obvious and most people over the age of 10 know that there are no games for a console that's a little over 6months old. So what point are you trying to make about an issue that 9 out of 10 gamers know is pointless? :)

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

@MarcRecon said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

They still have no games, admit it, its not a bash but more of a complaint, there are hundreds of articles and blogs that say the same thing....these consoles were rushed to market and the devs didn't have enough time to make games. If drive club and the order made launch like it was supposed to I wouldn't be saying this.

The console just launched genius. Look at any console 6 months after launch and the lines are pretty much always poor. Look at the PS3 launch window line up.. Way worse than the PS4 launch window.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PS4hasNOgames

@MethodManFTW said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

@MarcRecon said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

The console just launched genius. Look at any console 6 months after launch and the lines are pretty much always poor. Look at the PS3 launch window line up.. Way worse than the PS4 launch window.

I get my thang in action

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MethodManFTW

@ps4hasnogames: Huh?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MarcRecon

@MethodManFTW:

I'm a little lost on that too Meth!!! lol

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

I bet you're regretting it now. :P

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

@MarcRecon said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

Not true, many consoles had great games to play at launch...or at least one game worth owning the console for on launch day. The Dreamcast had Soul Caliber, Power Stone, Sonic Adventure... Nintendo had some great success in their console's launch lineups with Super Mario+Duck Hunt, Super Mario World, F-Zero, Mario 64, Tetris, Wii sports. Then the original playstation had Ridge Racer, Tekken, Twisted Metal (within the launch window). Even the PS2 had some games worth playing; SSX, Armored Core 2, DOA. The original xbox had Halo, and DOA3. You don't need a ton of games to have a great lineup, but at least one blockbuster title that every gamer needs to play. The PS4 had one decent title (Killzone) before Infamous, but Killzone wasn't worth owning the system for.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MethodManFTW

@a55a55inx: This is all subjective, but I would disagree with you. Nintendo would be the exception but the Dreamcast launch line up was shit to me, the Xbox launch line up was shit to me.. PS2 launch line up was generally shit to me. PS4 has Assassin's Creed 4, Resogun, Battlefield 4, etc... Not a great launch line up by any means but I would say it is par for the course.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PS4hasNOgames

@MethodManFTW said:

@ps4hasnogames: Huh?

its a method man song ...with a name like yours I thought you'd know.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MethodManFTW

@ps4hasnogames: not relevant...