Just a topic about Beyond: Two Souls

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#1 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

I have watched the demos, trailers, interviews with the developers and actors on this game..... or interactive movie, what ever you would like to call it. I pre ordered this game the other day because I feel it will be incredible

My question is do you think having an actress like Ellen Page in a game will be heplful to gaming as a whole, or could it result in something quite bad?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#2 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i don't see it as being a big thing for gaming as a whole. there have already been games that feature talented or popular hollywood actors.

however, it will likely help this particular game. one of the bigger things that held heavy rain back from being a capable drama is that the most important actors weren't up to the task. having a better pool of actors to draw from could help, although there are certainly other parts to the formula that i think need work.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

I have watched the demos, trailers, interviews with the developers and actors on this game..... or interactive movie, what ever you would like to call it. I pre ordered this game the other day because I feel it will be incredible

My question is do you think having an actress like Ellen Page in a game will be heplful to gaming as a whole, or could it result in something quite bad?

GamerNerdTalk

If its anywhere near as exciting to play as Heavy Rain was, the actors dont even matter. The game just needs to work.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

I just finished Heavy Rain last night, and let me say that I went from not caring about this game at all to counting down the days for it.  It is not a big deal to me that they grabbed Ellen Page (although I do love her work) so much, but as a whole I like that it is representative that video games are starting to be recognized as a legitimate form of media. It is kind of like when Aaron Staton (Mad Men, August Rush) joing L.A. Noire.  I am just excited about the possibilities as a whole that this is opening up.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Personally, I would love to see more games similar to Heavy Rain and upcoming Beyond: Two Souls in the future. The industry had grown to such realistic level visually that we can actually produce Hollywood level presentation on many levels. 

Can't wait for the game.

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerNerdTalk"]

Coolyfett

If its anywhere near as exciting to play as Heavy Rain was, the actors dont even matter. The game just needs to work.

rwallacefan agrees with Coolyfett :D
ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
I think it's cool having popular actors/actresses in video games. My hope is, that it makes the people that don't understand video games, interested in them.
knightfire35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 knightfire35
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

I'm kind of neutral on this topic, though I don't see it as a problem whatsoever.

Avatar image for The_Golden_Age-
The_Golden_Age-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 The_Golden_Age-
Member since 2012 • 172 Posts

I think that having somebody like Ellen Page as the main character will probably attract more female gamers (which is irrelevant to me but probably a good thing for Sony and Quantic Dream).

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Coolyfett

I just finished Heavy Rain last night, and let me say that I went from not caring about this game at all to counting down the days for it. It is not a big deal to me that they grabbed Ellen Page (although I do love her work) so much, but as a whole I like that it is representative that video games are starting to be recognized as a legitimate form of media. It is kind of like when Aaron Staton (Mad Men, August Rush) joing L.A. Noire. I am just excited about the possibilities as a whole that this is opening up.

Schreek

Coolyfett is in heavy agreement with the God Schreek. Coolyfett just did his review for Heavy Rain. Coolyfett had no clue the game would be that much of a joy to not only watch but play. Coolyfett thinks the industry needs to take notice and add to this new genra that Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Soul & any other mystery game that has different endings depending on choices made. With the industry being so lazy releasing Shooter X part 1, 2 & 3 and Action Hack & Slash Z part 4, 5 & 6. Games like Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls are really needed. Plus Coolyfett things this could be the new genre that pulls women into gaming in mass. more than the SIMS and Motion gaming.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Coolyfett
[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="GamerNerdTalk"]

rwallacefan

Tecmo Bowl high five for the RWallaceFan!!
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I don't see how it could be bad. Voice acting adds a lot to an experience and the better the actor the better you can theoretically connect with a character. William Defoe...I know I spelled it wrong...and Ellen Page is an allstar lineup for this game.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="GamerNerdTalk"]

rwallacefan

Tecmo Bowl high five for the RWallaceFan!!

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#14 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

What about William Dafoe he is an amazing actor. Spiderman aside.