Jetpack Joyride free version

This topic is locked from further discussion.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 0

#1 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Didn't see it mentioned in the board here but in case you missed it, a version of Jetpack Joyride is now available for free for the PS3 and the Vita.

Its almost the same as the $3.99 Mini version except that while the Mini lets you control your jetpack with the X button, the free version has you controlling the jetpack with the back or front touchscreen and doesn't seem to allow you to map to a button.

The free version is geared towards getting you to buy coins with real money but for a free game, it's pretty darn fun.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#2 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I've sunk a scary amount of hours into this game. I kind of feel uncomfortable about this kind of game. It's completely geared to addicting you into playing it obsessively, and the gameplay itself is admittedly pretty simplistic. It's the rewards system surrounding the game itself that makes it so addictive, and I find it difficult to appreciate a game that tries to manipulate you into wanting to buy in-game currency. It's the same sort of way I felt about Treasures of Montezuma Blitz. Uber-simple games with devious reward systems.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I have download Jet pack joyride for the PSvita. I haven played it yet. Touch panel controls would seem hard to learn? but it is a "free" game.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I played it for like 3 hours, its a nifty little game, awesome that its free.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#5 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

I've sunk a scary amount of hours into this game. I kind of feel uncomfortable about this kind of game. It's completely geared to addicting you into playing it obsessively, and the gameplay itself is admittedly pretty simplistic. It's the rewards system surrounding the game itself that makes it so addictive, and I find it difficult to appreciate a game that tries to manipulate you into wanting to buy in-game currency. It's the same sort of way I felt about Treasures of Montezuma Blitz. Uber-simple games with devious reward systems.Granpire

I started with the Mini version - you could try that. Its easier to control with the X button and there's no buying coins to buy stuff in-game.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

I've sunk a scary amount of hours into this game. I kind of feel uncomfortable about this kind of game. It's completely geared to addicting you into playing it obsessively, and the gameplay itself is admittedly pretty simplistic. It's the rewards system surrounding the game itself that makes it so addictive, and I find it difficult to appreciate a game that tries to manipulate you into wanting to buy in-game currency. It's the same sort of way I felt about Treasures of Montezuma Blitz. Uber-simple games with devious reward systems.Granpire

Not much of a Trophy whore but I thought to myself hey I might see if I can start getting them all on my Vita. Basically I have sunk also a few hours into this game and regreting it, getting Plat for this game would be hell on earth, Guess Ill get it in a year or two if I play it every now and then.:?

sun_spirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 sun_spirit
Member since 2006 • 920 Posts

I downloaded the paid version a couple of weeks ago. It's amazing! I swap the data between the PS3 when I'm home and Vita when I'm out and at work.
Also, great for when firends are over on the PS3, simple to pick up and play with one button controls. A good pass the controller game to see who can do best. And your friends can help you save up for those expensive jetpacks and power ups ;)