It's about damn time! (Skyrim DLC)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/skyrim-dlc-is-close-to-a-release-on-playstation-3/

And I literally just finished listing my copy on Ebay! :lol:

So, what's it going to be Skyrim owners? Planning on showing Bethesda some love or ending this relationship once and for all?

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

Don't Care.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
I personally can't wait! But if its buggy, god help Bethesda
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#4 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

This is great news. Just hope it works right. Bethesda needs to get more experience with other systems.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Bethesda lost a LOT of money by not getting the issues ironed out sooner.
WhiteStormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WhiteStormy
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

Unless it's free, I'm passing. I haven't touched Skyrim in more than 6 months, and I've moved on to other games.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I don't see why people that complained so loudly about the state of the actual game would even consider paying even more money for DLC that could potentially be the same. Maybe that's just me though, I only touched the hot stove once.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Finally, but waiting on the gotye...
WhiteStormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WhiteStormy

Why do people assume there's even gonna be a Game of the Year Edition? For a game to be "Game of the Year" doesn't it have to be just that? Skyrim on the other hand, while ambitious and grand is scale, was a buggy mess that was literally unplayable for the first few months. Then after multiple patches, still suffers from frame-rate issues, freezes, and GIGANTIC save files. Game of the year my ass!!!

enjoy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 enjoy07
Member since 2009 • 120 Posts

Wonderful! And I just started my first character of Skyrim too.

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts

This game is garbage, I put 5 hours into it and most of those have been repeat hours where I forgot to save every 15 minutes... I mean fvck this game... It isn't enough that you end up staring at unlimited loading screens when walking around towns, but the second you get in the wilderness you can't relax because you gotta be at the menu saving every other minute...

It's not an open world game if you're at the menu 40% of the time...Garbage.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#12 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I'm not planning on paying full price for them... I've been playing on and off for the last 5 months and have put 140 hours into it so I've gotten more than my money's worth already. Not going to pay $20 for maybe 10 hours or so of gameplay. I havn't experienced too many significant issues other than some occasional freezing, but of course this was all after most of the patches were released.
ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

They should give us Dawnguard & Hearthfire free... But I don't see that happening so you can count me out for the DLC.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

Why do people assume there's even gonna be a Game of the Year Edition? For a game to be "Game of the Year" doesn't it have to be just that? Skyrim on the other hand, while ambitious and grand is scale, was a buggy mess that was literally unplayable for the first few months. Then after multiple patches, still suffers from frame-rate issues, freezes, and GIGANTIC save files. Game of the year my ass!!!

WhiteStormy

Probably because its pretty much GUARANTEED to happen? Whether its released as the GOTY edition, Complete Edition, Skyrim with all the other **** edition, or whatever they eend up calling it. The game and all DLC will be released on one disc at some point...most companies "usually" do it, Bethesda pretty much "always"does it

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Unless it's free for PS+ members I ain't buyin'
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

WhiteStormy
some call the "complete editions" , the points its a re-release with all DLC
WhiteStormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WhiteStormy

[QUOTE="WhiteStormy"]

AmnesiaHaze

some call the "complete editions" , the points its a re-release with all DLC

Ah, then one would think they would just call it that rather than giving it an undeserved title.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

WhiteStormy

All opinions on the game aside, the game was indeed nominated for several GotY awards and actually did win in some websites/organizations.

In any case, I hope they provide Dawnguard and Hearthfire discounted for PS3 players for having to wait so long, it's the least they can do. They're already gonna have a hard enough time with any of their future titles on any Sony platform current or next gen.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
In any case, I hope they provide Dawnguard and Hearthfire discounted for PS3 players for having to wait so long, it's the least they can do. They're already gonna have a hard enough time with any of their future titles on any Sony platform current or next gen.mav_destroyer
As noble and altruistic as that may be, I wouldn't hold my breath for any discounts. That would send a message through the industry and gamers would come to expect that type of "compensation" each and every time something like this happened. Granted, this kind of situation is very RARE but it can still happen, and I don't think Bethesda has the grapes to be the first to make that kind of move.
SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

I hope we can get something of a discount for waiting so long, but I plan on purchasing it no matter what. I don't think I should not get a DLC that I'm really excited about to prove a point or something. I really want to play it, so I'm going to buy it, doesn't make sense to avoid a great game if I don't have to

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
[QUOTE="Kravyn81"] As noble and altruistic as that may be, I wouldn't hold my breath for any discounts. That would send a message through the industry and gamers would come to expect that type of "compensation" each and every time something like this happened. Granted, this kind of situation is very RARE but it can still happen, and I don't think Bethesda has the grapes to be the first to make that kind of move.

I know it probably won't happen, just wishful thinking I guess. With Bioware bending over after what happened with ME3 I don't think any studio would want to be put in the same situation.
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
I've been enjoying Skyrim, but I am not particularly excited over the DLC...who knows, I might get it, but I'll let others be the Guinea pigs.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I'm still playing the main game I paid for, it's very unprofessional to keep the PS3 and PC owners in such gaming politics (I will not buy into "we had difficulty with certain versions" excuses).

However in my case, by the time I actually finish the game, hopefully the DLC is properly implemented.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#24 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Im waiting on the inevitable GOTY disc edition anyway, hope Bethesda can finally stop neglecting a third of their fans.