it has been proven GS is biased

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DRXgamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 DRXgamer93
Member since 2008 • 290 Posts

i have played borderlands, and fallout two games in they have recieved .5 lower scores than the xbox counterparts due to "technical difficulties". Fallout was understandable to an extent, because the glitches popped up, but rarely. Now theres Borderlands and i havent encountered any online difficulties what-so-ever. The runs smoothly, except for the big firefights online, but even then its manageable, not anything to deduct points over. There GS its ok to admit you like 360 better than PS3, but dont think you can hide it.

Manticore7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Manticore7
Member since 2009 • 864 Posts

i have played borderlands, and fallout two games in they have recieved .5 lower scores than the xbox counterparts due to "technical difficulties". Fallout was understandable to an extent, because the glitches popped up, but rarely. Now theres Borderlands and i havent encountered any online difficulties what-so-ever. The runs smoothly, except for the big firefights online, but even then its manageable, not anything to deduct points over. There GS its ok to admit you like 360 better than PS3, but dont think you can hide it.

DRXgamer93
No.. This was back when they decided that they would have .5 intervals meaning isntead of docking a .1 for these technical difficulties they had to deduct all .5. And the online problems have already been fixed. Thats why you dont notice them
DRXgamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 DRXgamer93
Member since 2008 • 290 Posts

if its been fixed then why does it still have a 8.0, and if they knew it was going to be fixed then why would they still give it an 8.0

ninja_where

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ninja_where
Member since 2008 • 2447 Posts

Of course GS is biased, they REVIEW games. Reviews are never unbiased, they will always be biased. They gave PS3 Borderlands an 8, which is less than the 360 score, because of some difficulties the PS3 version faced on its launch.

Since it's fixed, stop complaining, and play the damn game. They're just voicing their opinion, and I understand you are, too. But putting blame on GS isn't the way to go. Keep playing, it's just a number. So, the 360 one got .5 higher, there's a lot of better games on the PS3. It's not like Borderlands is the only one.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#7 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

if its been fixed then why does it still have a 8.0, and if they knew it was going to be fixed then why would they still give it an 8.0

DRXgamer93

Does the score matter that much to you that you want them to change it now? The game lists it as bad online functionality at launch. If it's been fixed, and games do get patched often, then quit whining. They haven't gone and changed their scores for other games that later received patches because games are reviewed on these sites when they first release. What would be the point of changing the score for every damn patch made available? Plus, IT'S A SCORE. A number attached to a game to tell you the general quality of a game and since 8 and 8.5 both designate "great" I don't see the problem here.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I have beef with GS' system of knocking a game like Borderlands for launch issues. They aren't going to be forever. Same thing happened with Socom for PS3.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

I just buy and play games, I can care less what people score it. :)