Is Valkyria Chronicles worth cheaping out on food for?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts

Hey guys,

I have an opportunity to get Valkyria Chronicles, and seeing as its getting rare, its a pretty good opportunity, but with Infamous and Pokemon Platinum coming out, and being a student, I'm super strapped for cash. I worked it out, and I can afford all 3 if I dont buy food for the next week or so. All i have is a couple bags of pasta and some frozen chicken, do you think its worth bumming it to pick up the game?

Thanks,

HvK

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Well no...The game is great but you need to eat man. What you need to do is look at how much food you have and see if it can last you till you get payed again. Another thing, when you get more food budget in some Oodles and Noodles, they are dirt cheap and fill you up.
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 coughlanio
Well no...The game is great but you need to eat man. What you need to do is look at how much food you have and see if it can last you till you get payed again. Another thing, when you get more food budget in some Oodles and Noodles, they are dirt cheap and fill you up.K1LLR3175
Oh, I have plenty of food, pasta, chicken, noodles, typical student food. Maybe you should send Martha around to whip me up some stuff :P
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 K1LLR3175
Well if you have the food to survive then go ahead and get VC...You will not regret it....And if Martha comes over I will come over and when you can't get rid of us you will regret.
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 coughlanio
Also just checked, and I have a frozen Pizza, rice and Cajun sauce...Easily, 7 or 8 days food :)
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 coughlanio
Well if you have the food to survive then go ahead and get VC...You will not regret it....And if Martha comes over I will come over and when you can't get rid of us you will regret.K1LLR3175
Damn it :P I'm gonna order it 2mro so...heres hoping I dont starve to death lol
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 K1LLR3175
Then go ahead and get the game....Martha will come over and I will follow....We will be using your bed.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
This might be expected coming from a guy who weighs over 300 pounds, but no game is worth not eating, man. Well.... Maybe there are a few. Pasta and chicken sounds good...... *gets up and heads to fridge*
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 coughlanio
Well I will be eating, just not the best food :P
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

i would save my money and buy a nice juicy steak. valkyria chronicles was trash i my opinion. ( mo, based off the demo)

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 coughlanio
Well, to be honest, my reason of getting it, is get it now while its cheap, because it will cost a lot in a few months, and I mightnt ever get to play it... It does look awesome though...
IceSamuraiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 IceSamuraiX
Member since 2005 • 111 Posts

Doo it! Its a pretty nice game... lol

Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts

This might be expected coming from a guy who weighs over 300 pounds, but no game is worth not eating, man. Well.... Maybe there are a few. Pasta and chicken sounds good...... *gets up and heads to fridge*Nephilim83

:lol: I don't know how many meals I've skipped to play a game

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"]This might be expected coming from a guy who weighs over 300 pounds, but no game is worth not eating, man. Well.... Maybe there are a few. Pasta and chicken sounds good...... *gets up and heads to fridge*Cody13_2012

I don't know how many I've skipped either, but I know it wasn't many. Mostly because I can't take my PS3 and HDTV to McDonalds. :)

i would save my money and buy a nice juicy steak. valkyria chronicles was trash i my opinion. ( mo, based off the demo)

donmega1

Yeah the demo is trash. They should remove that from the PSN. It in no way reflects the great many things that give VC its charm. A little shallow @ss skirmish isn't going to sell a game! They should have offered up a bit on the story and characters. That's what makes the rest of VC so incredible. And once you get used to the battles You will realize that VC offers some of the most fun, addictive, and innovative gameplay in RPG history!

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Great game! one of the best PS3 exclusives! get it... but you gotta eat... you might be able to get the game, but if you passed out, you will not be able to play it. lol seriously, get it, but also eat some food too... maybe you can go to THE LOUNGE... free buffet everyday!

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

I'd say skip infamous, that way you can get valkyria and food. Valkyria is friggin awesome. I just downloaded the dlc a few days ago.

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

buy yourself a couple of tuna cans, and some crackers and you are set to eat and play :P

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Nah, good food > video games

Darth_Sibbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#19 Darth_Sibbs
Member since 2004 • 4234 Posts
Probably not, it's a good game but not good enough to starve yourself for.
Semaphore313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Semaphore313
Member since 2009 • 181 Posts

I'd say get it, and hold off on one of the other two. I haven't played the US Valkyria Chronicles, but I have the Japanese Senjou no Valkyria, and unless it changed alot in translation, its one of the best games on the PS3.

Takuzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Takuzi
Member since 2009 • 251 Posts

Man, it's a game. You shouldn't starve over a game. However, in your case, if not eating the "best" food meant saving money for you, and you still have enough to fill you up, then go for it.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Hey guys,

I have an opportunity to get Valkyria Chronicles, and seeing as its getting rare, its a pretty good opportunity, but with Infamous and Pokemon Platinum coming out, and being a student, I'm super strapped for cash. I worked it out, and I can afford all 3 if I dont buy food for the next week or so. All i have is a couple bags of pasta and some frozen chicken, do you think its worth bumming it to pick up the game?

Thanks,

HvK

havokmaster

You shouldn't be playing games at all. People like you are apart of the problem and give the rest of us gamers a bad name and image. Don't be an idiot and buy your damn food. Video games don't disappear.

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"]

Nephilim83

I don't know how many I've skipped either, but I know it wasn't many. Mostly because I can't take my PS3 and HDTV to McDonalds. :)

donmega1

Yeah the demo is trash. They should remove that from the PSN. It in no way reflects the great many things that give VC its charm. A little shallow @ss skirmish isn't going to sell a game! They should have offered up a bit on the story and characters. That's what makes the rest of VC so incredible. And once you get used to the battles You will realize that VC offers some of the most fun, addictive, and innovative gameplay in RPG history!

you make me wanna buy it now....kinda...:)
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 coughlanio

[QUOTE="havokmaster"]

Hey guys,

Thanks,

HvK

Denji

You shouldn't be playing games at all. People like you are apart of the problem and give the rest of us gamers a bad name and image. Don't be an idiot and buy your damn food. Video games don't disappear.

lol? I'm not on about starving myself...I have food, if you read my post you would know that... I didn't know saving to buy a game gives gamers a bad image, I'm dreadfully sorry...
VivaRevolucion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VivaRevolucion
Member since 2009 • 175 Posts

Also just checked, and I have a frozen Pizza, rice and Cajun sauce...Easily, 7 or 8 days food :)havokmaster

Nice inventory. I got... some frozen meat... but it's from cosco!!!

It's a great game but I'd wait for a fatter check honestly. And being a student you should be spending cash on partying. :D

bennae66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bennae66
Member since 2005 • 951 Posts

the game is amazing. only worth a hunger strike if you seroously have patience. emotional, brilliant, engaging. this game has it all

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 K1LLR3175
Buy the game. Eating cheap for a week will not hurt you. I have had to do it for years so doing so until your next pay check will not hurt. Survival Skill...Use them so you can play VC.
VivaRevolucion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VivaRevolucion
Member since 2009 • 175 Posts

[QUOTE="havokmaster"]

Hey guys,

Thanks,

HvK

Denji

Woah, woah, woah...someones getting alittle to serious up in here. The only thing that matters is survival in the end right? So why the harshness man?

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#29 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

I know the anime is, and the game is much better apparently. So I say yes.

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts
imo, it really depends on how patient you are with SRPGs This was my first SRPG since FF Tactics, and I found it mindblowingly frustrating to play.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

think you can hold out on pokemon or infamous til you get paid next...whats 2 weeks right? its not like those games are going to dissapear netime soon....esp pokemon

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Havok, you know me. You know there's two things I love in life: good food (especially cheese) and Valkyria Chronicles. As much as I love VC, you gotta eat the good stuff, dude. Don't miss out on some good grub. Of course if you have the willpower to eat student food for the next week go for it. VC is the absolute bomb, but I'd bathe in blue cheese and/or gruyere anyday before I played VC.

Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Thetaguru
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts

Just buy VC, you won't even taste the food while you are playing anyways. Plus eating that stuff is better for you than eating out anyways.

falconzss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 falconzss
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts

definitely, i did the same thing. bought the game a few days ago, now i have only 50 bucks left for the rest of the month :P

probably a dumb move but i had go get this game ;)

KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KapG
Member since 2007 • 1037 Posts

Not like he is going to starve himself to death. The OP already made it clear that he has the essential "student food".

I would say go ahead and buy the game man! They aren't going to make anymore of them so its only going to become more difficult to find and the price will probably eventually go up!

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 coughlanio

Not like he is going to starve himself to death. The OP already made it clear that he has the essential "student food".

I would say go ahead and buy the game man! They aren't going to make anymore of them so its only going to become more difficult to find and the price will probably eventually go up!

KapG
Thanks guys, I've found two sources where I can get it for cheap enough, so I will go to the bank 2mro and put money on my card to order it. Wish me luck :P
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Hell, selling your body is probably worth Valkyria Chronicles.
McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#38 McMJ3
Member since 2008 • 2441 Posts
Yes! It's worth not eating for a week! Go run, to the store and buy it now, I don't care if you die from starvation, at least you will be praised for owning Valkyria Chronicles.
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 coughlanio
Yes! It's worth not eating for a week! Go run, to the store and buy it now, I don't care if you die from starvation, at least you will be praised for owning Valkyria Chronicles.McMJ3
Will that be mentioned at my funeral will it? :P
McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 McMJ3
[QUOTE="McMJ3"]Yes! It's worth not eating for a week! Go run, to the store and buy it now, I don't care if you die from starvation, at least you will be praised for owning Valkyria Chronicles.havokmaster

Of course, it would be the bulk of it too:D
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 coughlanio
[QUOTE="havokmaster"][QUOTE="McMJ3"]Yes! It's worth not eating for a week! Go run, to the store and buy it now, I don't care if you die from starvation, at least you will be praised for owning Valkyria Chronicles.McMJ3

Ha, just added you, cause I like your style :P
McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 McMJ3
[QUOTE="havokmaster"][QUOTE="McMJ3"][QUOTE="havokmaster"] Will that be mentioned at my funeral will it? :P

I now like your style too, because you like my style. You seemed cool already though;)
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 coughlanio
[QUOTE="McMJ3"][QUOTE="havokmaster"][QUOTE="McMJ3"] Of course, it would be the bulk of it too:D

I now like your style too, because you like my style. You seemed cool already though;)

Thank you kind sir :D