Is this worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SkullSpliter12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 SkullSpliter12
Member since 2006 • 62 Posts

I got my PSP maybe a year ago and have kept all scratches off it, exept the stupid plastic screen protector that left a few dents in my screen. It is still basically new and i have never dropped it and i could get year's of more use from it. I was looking at a PSP Slim Piano Black and thought i might buy one but was wondering if i should wait until my old one was old and out of sevice. Is it worth it to buy the PSP Slim or should I just get a few more years of use from my old PSP?

Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts
I also have old one, and gonna buy a slim next year, because Crisis Core is coming out, it is surely a must have, but load times in old PSP i waaaay long, so psp slim next year also be a must have :)
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts

loading times, maybe on yours. It depends on the game, and there's not much improvement on the slim one either.

I think you should give your old psp a bit more use, I don't think is really worth it to get a slim, well only if you have some extra cash you don't know what to spend into.

It's what I'm doing with mine, although mine has many more little scratches on the screen and the buttons feel a bit loose LOL, I was thinking about getting a faceplate from camyprogear, the thing I don't know is where to buy the little rubers that go under the buttons, so they'll feel like new

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
If you have some extra cash laying around to be able to buy it, i'd go for it.
emosoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 emosoul
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A GOOD, NEW, PSP THAT IS STILL WORKING IN GOOD CONDITION... AND YOU SAW THE PSP SLIM AND YOU REALLY WANT IT.... just wait until your old psp dies out of battery etc. of doesn't work anymore then you get the slim -.- and i don't really like the psp slim idk y lol.
B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts

get the slim you'll notice the difference as soon as you remove it from the box, better feel, improved screen, improved controls, improved screen, better power management (about 10 to 12hrs with old psp battery).

Load times depend of the game, seems like new games are going to use the slims increased memory and umd caching feature.

But if cash is a issue or you really dont play your PSP that much then wait otherwise go for the slim. I have both and really like the improvement of the Slim. oh and the video out feature is a nice touch.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
i don't see any need to upgrage if nothing is wrong with your current psp. im still using my old psp.