Is the PSP worth getting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MangoLlamas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#1 MangoLlamas
Member since 2007 • 2325 Posts
I was thinking about getting a new game system so PS3 was out of the question due to its price and i later discovered that the 360 has a failure rate of 30% so i decided to get the PSP and i was wondering if its worth the investment?
herviross_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 herviross_2
Member since 2006 • 2689 Posts
Well if your willing to use it as a video/music player as well, then you should definitely get it. If you just want to play games with it, then I wouldn't really recommend getting one.
DrummerShane12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 DrummerShane12
Member since 2004 • 2531 Posts
yes but wait until September for the PSP slim , but this year is the best time as we are finnaly getting the great games we have been wanting liek God of war, Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core, a remake of FF tactics, I mean so much good things are in store so I would say its a great investment
herviross_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 herviross_2
Member since 2006 • 2689 Posts

yes but wait until September for the PSP slim , but this year is the best time as we are finnaly getting the great games we have been wanting liek God of war, Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core, a remake of FF tactics, I mean so much good things are in store so I would say its a great investmentDrummerShane12

Actually God of War is postponed to Q1 2008, so it won't be releasing this year...

MangoLlamas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MangoLlamas
Member since 2007 • 2325 Posts
cool cuz i have the PS2 and love it.... anyhow ill invite you guys to a prinnie union i made... wanna join?
DrummerShane12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 DrummerShane12
Member since 2004 • 2531 Posts
sure man
ootp2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 ootp2003
Member since 2006 • 1828 Posts
Some amazing new games are coming out in the next 6 months or so, now is the time to pick one up. :P
Mynx_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mynx_15
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts
I will buy myself psp when the new version came out......i barely wait........
Game_Lover500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Game_Lover500
Member since 2007 • 420 Posts
Yeah and the 360's is 40% but yeah its cool with some awesome titles and some decent upcoming ones
greekboy1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 greekboy1981
Member since 2005 • 481 Posts

Simpy put: PSP beats in games catalogue 360 and PS3! dont get me started with DS...it makes it look like toasted pancakes!!

also PSP's quality is far superior than any other console out there. Oh and yes! GOD OF WAR and Silent hILL + FF.CC ARE COMING!!!!! Everyone Should own a PSP by now :) I have 3!!

MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
With games like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Tekken 5 DR, R&C Size matters, Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, Daxter, Lumines, LocoRoco, Joanne D'Arc, Metal Gear Acid 2, and upcoming games like Final Fantasy CC, God of Wars, and Silent Hill, I would say yeah it is worth it. lol, there are still more great games that are out on the PSP right now.
-F34R-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -F34R-
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts

It's definitely worth the investment I've put into them so far. Right now I have two PSP's and they are used on a regular basis. I usually play something to pass a little time, but my kids play it a lot more than me. They also play their NDS Lite a good bit too. My 6 year old(s) play the DS more than they play the PSP. My 10 year old plays the PSP and 360 the most.

So, in a nutshell, YES ! It's worth every penny.

flover2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 flover2006
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
The answer is a big YES cause even if you are a hardcore gamer like me with more than 20 years experience of gaming from the ATARi days you will like the quality and also the quantity and diversity the PSP will bring to you... I own a psp for almost a year now and i defeneitly 80 percent quit PC gaming but in the long run you should consider getting a PS3 or XBOX360 cause PSP is just a handheld console and if you like me care about the ultimate visual quality PSP won`t be enough for you.
m0ney78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 m0ney78
Member since 2003 • 404 Posts
Hell yeah its worth having/getting one
-F34R-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -F34R-
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts

The answer is a big YES cause even if you are a hardcore gamer like me with more than 20 years experience of gaming from the ATARi days you will like the quality and also the quantity and diversity the PSP will bring to you... I own a psp for almost a year now and i defeneitly 80 percent quit PC gaming but in the long run you should consider getting a PS3 or XBOX360 cause PSP is just a handheld console and if you like me care about the ultimate visual quality PSP won`t be enough for you.flover2006

Great reply ! I agree with you 100%. While the PSP is a great platform to be a mobile gamer with, I can't sit at home and ONLY play it. I do get a lot of use out of my PSP at home doing beta tests for several ongoing projects, iR Shell being the most frequent, but I do have to get my gaming on with my 360. So, as flover said, of course it's worth it, for many many reasons. A good example of what flover said about visual quality, and gaming asthetics is playing Madden 08 for the PSP at home, or playing it on the 360... it's a no brainer. For on the go, and some home fun, the PSP is a great piece of hardware with a lot of software to back it up.