is the psp slim better

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psp_kid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 psp_kid13
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
cause i bought a psp fatalong time ago and all of my other friends got a psp slim and when they go online to play they get better reception sometimes and they look better
BAm-bAM_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BAm-bAM_
Member since 2007 • 238 Posts

Its 33% lighter and 19% thinner system than the original. Internal changes to achieve this include the removal of a metal chassis (used to reduce damage in the event of sudden trauma to the system resulting from the user dropping the system on a hard surface), improved WLAN modules and Micro-controller, and a thinner and much lighter LCD display.

Although dubbed "PSP Slim and Lite", the PSP-2000 offers several other tweaks and improvements from the older generation. To target the original PSP generation's poor load times for UMD games, the internal memory (RAM and FlashROM) was doubled to 64 MB from 32MB to improve load times and accommodate for an improvement in the web browser's performance.

The D-Pad was raised in response to complaints of poor performance, while buttons offer improved responsiveness

Oh and you can connect it to the tv... And no that's not my writing, got it somewhere else, (Not spaming), but if you already have one, not worth the upgrade.. Its just a gimick to get sales back up, well at least that's my opinion, it not like its gone from a ps1 to a more powerful ps2 with different games, its exactly the same as when they made the ps smaller, so deffinetly not worth the upgrade if you have one.

motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts

I like the black slim better than the black fatty.

Here's the order I prefer them in:

Black Slim

Black Fatty

White Slim (changes battery cover, burns the vader one)

silver slim.

Black complements the visuals more. people are probably getting tired of me saying that lol

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
Yes...Yes it is...
J-link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 J-link
Member since 2004 • 4805 Posts

Only marginally.. Waste of money if you ask me, unless playing on your tv is that important to you.

ywywyw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ywywyw
Member since 2005 • 2297 Posts
i personally think if u have a fat one dont bother getting one, i have a slim and i absolutly love it but a long time a go i made the mistake of lending my psp to my bro to go to some dudes house and one of the peeps there stole it, so i just got one for christmas this year and been lovin in ever since. still tho i say if u have one just keep it, unless u got a lot of money :)
Autobon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Autobon
Member since 2007 • 927 Posts

Well i have a slim, and i used to have a fat too. Its basically the same, i dont really use the tv out function, just because i like the portability more.I have a 360 so i dont really have any need to play PSP on my TV.

Also, its totally worth paying for a slim if you dont already have a PSP, but its not worth the upgrade if you have an already working fat psp. (the buttons feel a lot better though)

KevinPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KevinPSP
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts

I would say its worth it even if you already have the old one but as long as you sell the old one or something like me.

BAm-bAM_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BAm-bAM_
Member since 2007 • 238 Posts

I would say its worth it even if you already have the old one but as long as you sell the old one or something like me.

KevinPSP

Why you say that?

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Why yes, Yes it is.
psp_kid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 psp_kid13
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
well i am just going to keep mine old one because i dont have the mmoney for a new slim thanks for the help
canesfan8193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 canesfan8193
Member since 2007 • 477 Posts
The slim is better.
Alveia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Alveia
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I wouldn't say either one is "better." They're both essentially the same machine, so it's kind of silly to look at it like that.

Just go with which one you prefer. The physical changes aren't exactly significant enough to make one better than the other, though I like the way the Slim feels compared to the original. The only additional feature REALLY worth mentioning is the TV output. If you don't care about that, keep your fat model. If you want to play games and watch videos on your TV, get a Slim. Getting a Slim when you own a fat for any reason other than that is kind of pointless.

mtburdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mtburdell
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts
It's funny the guy above saying people are probably getting tired of him saying the black looks better visually because i kept saying and thinking the same thing. The difference is more than you'd imagine. It may be tempting to get the silver because it's new or seems like a good eal but the black is the way to go for that reason alone.
vicdmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vicdmx
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts
No, because the fat one is great! yeah it may be lighter and better-looking but stay with your normal one like me! i have a Black Fat Modal and im lovin it!
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
well if u already owned a PSP phat...then no point upgrading yet. If u dont owned a psp yet...then get the psp slim for sure. It is lighter, faster loading time, brighter screen, video output, better buttons, more power effiecient.
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

I won't necessarily say that the psp slim is better than the original but the changes certainly make it feel better. I have yest to try out the TV functions so I can't comment on that.

The fact that the slim PSP is thinner and easier to hold is a plus. The buttons and the analog stick feel better compared to the original PSP. If you can I suggest you getting a slim PSP....it just feels much better.

Autobon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Autobon
Member since 2007 • 927 Posts

I wouldn't say either one is "better." They're both essentially the same machine, so it's kind of silly to look at it like that.

Alveia

The Slim is better, there is no question about that. Its got double the internal memory, video output, raised d pad, WLAN switch is out of the way, etc. Are the changes so much better that everyone needs to upgrade? No not necessarily.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
Yes but its also a matter of opinion. It had 64mb memory opposed to the 32mb in the originalwhich makes loading time, slightly faster. Its also lighter and looks more sleek. But the feel in your hands is a matter of opinion, try holding one at a store, im sure they have a display one. Also the original is considerably more durable then the lite. Idk i think if you have a psp that works just fine, there is no need to upgrade to a lite.