Is the PSP internet browser still garbage?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Richboy96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Richboy96
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts

I havent had a PSP since the early days of the PsP1000 and i remember thebrowser being horrible.
Has it gotten any better? and how?

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

How was it ever horrible?

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts
Same browser as always.
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
For one thing, it didn't save passwords, making it real frustrating every time I want to play online at my college's WLAN...
blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blacknight06

^ Um, yea it does. You just create a network for it, and select it. :?

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tjoeb123

blacknight06
I know that, but I was talking about things like your logon details for Gamespot, your login for an access point that requires an internet browser (which is my case), etc. In other words, passwords entered while in the browser don't get saved.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

I don't think it has been changed.

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blacknight06

[QUOTE="blacknight06"]

tjoeb123

I know that, but I was talking about things like your logon details for Gamespot, your login for an access point that requires an internet browser (which is my case), etc. In other words, passwords entered while in the browser don't get saved.

O, in that case, yea only your username

Although, i dont find it frustrating to type in your password over and over again

and some sites keep you signed in

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
I never saw it as horrible. It just has it's limits. I liked it.
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tjoeb123

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"][QUOTE="blacknight06"]

blacknight06

Although, i dont find it frustrating to type in your password over and over again

If your username/password was a bunch of numbers, then I bet it would be frustrating to have to type it in every time since it's not so easy to memorize.
HypersonicX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 HypersonicX1
Member since 2009 • 1453 Posts

Yes the PSP browser is garbage. The sites have been modified and some websites does not work with the PSP. There are no saved passwords and its a pain to type anything in.

PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PhilipV94
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

[QUOTE="blacknight06"]

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"] I know that, but I was talking about things like your logon details for Gamespot, your login for an access point that requires an internet browser (which is my case), etc. In other words, passwords entered while in the browser don't get saved.tjoeb123

If your username/password was a bunch of numbers, then I bet it would be frustrating to have to type it in every time since it's not so easy to memorize.

What's the point of a password if you are just going to let the website remember it? Hell, at that point, your password might as well 1234. Same goes for the guy above me. xD

Tim_Millington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Tim_Millington
Member since 2007 • 1615 Posts

Its still pretty bad

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
What exactly do you do on your wifi that you need an extensively powerful browser for anyway? I actually have internet at home, and when I'm out in town, the PSP wifi is only for convenience of portability and possibly just screw around on.
mrjoe_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrjoe_94
Member since 2009 • 847 Posts
Hey it's better then not having one.
Yayanator117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Yayanator117
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Wtf man its never been horrible that thing is freaking usefull!
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Um...the PSP browser isn't intended to be your primary internet source :/ It's damn smexy for when in the bathroom, out and about in town, what have you. But to judge it as your primary internet connection and your main source of the intetnet is kinda silly.

Silliness.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

It's not as bad as some portable devices but it sucks compared to Iphone/Itouch.

But it is still the same browser as when it first came out, wish they would update it.

Does anyone know if the GO browser is better?

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
no it does save all passwords and usernames. if u delete the cookies then no it doesnt
MonkeyShow20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 MonkeyShow20
Member since 2009 • 153 Posts

It's a pain? I think it works fine, but its a tad slow...

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blacknight06

Yes the PSP browser is garbage. The sites have been modified and some websites does not work with the PSP. There are no saved passwords and its a pain to type anything in.

HypersonicX1

Its the same with most phones...

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blacknight06

[QUOTE="blacknight06"]

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"] I know that, but I was talking about things like your logon details for Gamespot, your login for an access point that requires an internet browser (which is my case), etc. In other words, passwords entered while in the browser don't get saved.tjoeb123

Then it's not the PSP's fault that your username/password is a bunch of numbers

and Its pretty easy to type in numbers on the PSP..

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

PhilipV94

What's the point of a password if you are just going to let the website remember it? Hell, at that point, your password might as well 1234. Same goes for the guy above me. xD

Not if you use the password manager in something like Firefox. It stores it on your computer encrypted.
blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blacknight06

PhilipV94

Actually, the point of a password is so other people can't log in as you and access your shh..

in other words, it verifies that it is you

So People who feel they don't need to log in over and over again set the website to remember their domain and password, because they're sure no one else has access to the device or PC

PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PhilipV94

[QUOTE="PhilipV94"]

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"] If your username/password was a bunch of numbers, then I bet it would be frustrating to have to type it in every time since it's not so easy to memorize.zomglolcats

Actually, the point of a password is so other people can't log in as you and access your shh..

So People who feel they don't need to log in over and over again set the website to remember their domain and password, because they're sure no one else has access to the device or PC

Well that's what I meant, it's not that hard for someone to steal your PSP, and with that have all your log-in information. A password is meant for you to know, and you only. If a device remembers it for you, then it basically ruins the point of a password. If you're too lazy to type it in, don't bother having one, or make it as easy as 1234.

And I just got my PSP yesterday, and the browser is pretty good in my opinion. Much better than most mobile phones. Also the one who said something about the iPhone, one of the main purposes of it is its web cabilities, so Apple used a lot of resources into the development of the browser, while the PSPs browser is going to be one of the least used features.

xDB9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xDB9x
Member since 2009 • 1304 Posts
Still the same browser pretty much,
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#28 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

The browser is actually quite easy to use, but there hasn't been any major changes....

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
Interesting question, to me. I remember it for being a buggy turd and it's disappointing that Sony's basically done nothing to improve it over the years. Although now I want to test it out on my Go to see if it runs better than an older model....though I'm doubtful.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#30 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Hey people

IF YOU WANT TO TYPE THINGS EASIER, PRESS SELECT A FEW TIMES AT THE LETTER SCREEN

instead of nine boxes, you get the entire alphabet

tada!

mrjoe_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mrjoe_94
Member since 2009 • 847 Posts
^ I love you.
PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PhilipV94

Interesting question, to me. I remember it for being a buggy turd and it's disappointing that Sony's basically done nothing to improve it over the years. Although now I want to test it out on my Go to see if it runs better than an older model....though I'm doubtful.LongZhiZi

Just test it then? Why debate something that takes like 20 seconds to do?

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blacknight06

Hey people

IF YOU WANT TO TYPE THINGS EASIER, PRESS SELECT A FEW TIMES AT THE LETTER SCREEN

tada!

Blabadon

I thought everyone new that? :?

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blacknight06

[QUOTE="zomglolcats"][QUOTE="PhilipV94"]

PhilipV94

Well that's what I meant, it's not that hard for someone to steal your PSP, and with that have all your log-in information. A password is meant for you to know, and you only. If a device remembers it for you, then it basically ruins the point of a password. If you're too lazy to type it in, don't bother having one, or make it as easy as 1234.

And I just got my PSP yesterday, and the browser is pretty good in my opinion. Much better than most mobile phones. Also the one who said something about the iPhone, one of the main purposes of it is its web cabilities, so Apple used a lot of resources into the development of the browser, while the PSPs browser is going to be one of the least used features.

If it's stolen, they still have no way of knowing your password

PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PhilipV94

[QUOTE="PhilipV94"]

[QUOTE="zomglolcats"]

blacknight06

Yeah but they still have access to the information.

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blacknight06

[QUOTE="blacknight06"]

[QUOTE="PhilipV94"]

PhilipV94

What information?

Resistance_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#37 Resistance_Kid
Member since 2009 • 1171 Posts

Depends on What you use it for... :) I'm not going to go there :D

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

Hey people

tada!

blacknight06

I thought everyone new that? :?

... I didn't. *Quickly starts using Keyboard instead of **** cellphone pad.*

PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PhilipV94

[QUOTE="PhilipV94"]

[QUOTE="blacknight06"]

blacknight06

What information?

Any information you had on your account.